Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central 69 - June Buchanan 55
king360 Wrote:Calmer down..but we all know no one thought KCC was any good until tate came along..no one smart anyway

excuse me? District champs 2007? region final four? contender for last years region??-losing in a touch 53rd district tournament. KCC came close to beating HHS last year losing only by 3 at Hazard! they beat perry and LCC and JBS!
PATS2011 Wrote:excuse me? District champs 2007? region final four? contender for last years region??-losing in a touch 53rd district tournament. KCC came close to beating HHS last year losing only by 3 at Hazard! they beat perry and LCC and JBS!

they beat perry by what 6?..then the next game they got beat by almost 30..lol..good point
king360 Wrote:they beat perry by what 6?..then the next game they got beat by almost 30..lol..good point
sometimes people have bad nights?? But look at the better teams they did play , and beat! But as for now thats all I'm going to say, I have better things to do than stay on here and argue with you. I have finals to study for.
PATS2011 Wrote:sometimes people have bad nights?? But look at the better teams they did play , and beat! But as for now thats all I'm going to say, I have better things to do than stay on here and argue with you. I have finals to study for.

Well ole pal good luck on them finals...we see yee
stats...from both teams????
JBS was lead in scoring by Brent Hall 17 pts./ 13 rebs. ( this is Brent's 4 game in a roll with a double-double in scoring & rebs.), Clint Stepp with 11pts. ( a good defensive job tonight on one of KCC's key players), Garrison Collins10 pts./ 7 rebs./ 6 blocks, Shane Slone had 9 pts. and Braxton Childers 8 pts. Jbs will need to take this effort tonight , get the team all back out on the floor,( injurys, etc.) and prepare for the Country Music HIghway tournament at Johnson Central this weekend. Good luck Crusaders. Congrats to KCC on the win.
king360 Wrote:they beat perry by what 6?..then the next game they got beat by almost 30..lol..good point

What does PCC look like this year? Are they still unbeaten? What about Breathitt? Hazard is ranked pretty good in the state also. Who else has KCC played?
Good job KCC, although I thought the boys didn't play as well as they have in the other games. You still got the win and at the end of the game thats all that matters. JBS played hard like I knew they would and played well but with so few players I don't believe they will be much of a contender this year. Too bad to for the team and the school. Someone told me they were even thinking of just becoming an academic school and doing away with all sports next year. I hope for the kids sake that this is just a rumor. Congrats again on the win KCC.
I'm not suprised by this score. I knew it would end up like this. All of these people are bashing Kcc fans but really...fans are going to be fans and they will take up for their teams. Kcc didn't play their best last night but still good enough to win....KCC vs. Hazard should be one heck of a game to watch.
king360 Wrote:Well if you all would quit actin like your so good because you have tat cox it would stop..i mean if you all can win region it will prove me wrong but thats a big IF

Funny, Tate is a good player not taking anything away from him, but this team could win without him. Stamper is a good player all around and could carry this team on his back just saying though.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
ladypatriot55 Wrote:hahaha
us kcc fans seem to kill everybody, i love it Rolleyes

Talk about Kcc fans..Did you see JBS's cheerleaders..They were terrible last night..Screaming at the refs and the fans....Awful..Awful...But I got a good laugh out of them...Smile
bballer9 Wrote:I'm not suprised by this score. I knew it would end up like this. All of these people are bashing Kcc fans but really...fans are going to be fans and they will take up for their teams. Kcc didn't play their best last night but still good enough to win....KCC vs. Hazard should be one heck of a game to watch.

Fans are part of the team to...Us Kcc fans are there to give the team some spunk..And we have fun doing it..And you are right Kcc and Hazard will be a game to watch...Can't wait...:Thumbs:
If KCC had shot the ball as well as they are capable this would have been a 25 to 30 point game. JBS came out in an unconventional zone, shadowing both cox and stamper leaving the other perimeter player alone. I hope other teams try this because both Bartrum and Mullins are capable of filling it up from the outside.
Knott Central ordered out and Tate Cox delivered what Stewart never could. A true point guard running the game. JBS had one injured and one out till after the break, leaving the starting five to play ironman. KCC just overpowered them with talent and fresh players. Bartrum for Knott deserves more PT, shame he doesn't get it, he's earned it (imo).

I never seen Knott letting up, it would be interesting to see what their coach would say about that. I thought they played as good as I've seen them. If this was a poor perfomance from them then they may well be the best in the region. Personally I don't think so. Their capable of putting together a streak to take region with the talent and depth they have, but my vote goes to Hazard as the team to beat.

Brent Hall from JBS and Amburgey from Knott deserve the game MVP's in my book, both battled and gave a solid performance.

As for the JBS cheerleaders, WOW!!!! NICE!!!!!
if you think this is the best knott central has played you haven't watched them any.. this is the worst game the team has had this season.. they didn't play near as well as they are capable of playing.... as for tate cox.. he is a true point guard were as stuart is more of a shooting guard or 3 guard... they both have their ups and down... both are capable of taking over a game as they have shown this season.. tate had 31 on lcc.. then stamper had 31 on north hardin.. both are outstanding players but tate is a true point guard which is gonna let stamper shine in a scoring role.. he is one of the best scorers in the region.. imo.. this team should win the 14th if they play the way they can
I've watched them a littleWink . What was lacking in their offense?? Looked like they ran it pretty well. Of course the lack of defense from JBS in the later part of the game played into that. Buttermilk came on strong after brent was exhausted and could no longer try to guard everyone. Garrison was no help. No way knott should have dominated inside during the second half.

As for tate and stewart, yea they're both talented, but if you could only keep one, which one would it be. I choose the true point guard. And tate can also shoot the 3 ball. However, points don't determine a good point man, I'm a wayne turner fan myself.
TomThreeToes Wrote:Knott Central ordered out and Tate Cox delivered what Stewart never could. A true point guard running the game. JBS had one injured and one out till after the break, leaving the starting five to play ironman. KCC just overpowered them with talent and fresh players. Bartrum for Knott deserves more PT, shame he doesn't get it, he's earned it (imo).

I never seen Knott letting up, it would be interesting to see what their coach would say about that. I thought they played as good as I've seen them. If this was a poor perfomance from them then they may well be the best in the region. Personally I don't think so. Their capable of putting together a streak to take region with the talent and depth they have, but my vote goes to Hazard as the team to beat.

Brent Hall from JBS and Amburgey from Knott deserve the game MVP's in my book, both battled and gave a solid performance.

As for the JBS cheerleaders, WOW!!!! NICE!!!!!

Awesome post!! I couldn't agree more especially the part about Hall and Amburgey, they never get recognotion for anything and they are the ones in there fighting for the ball so they can get it to the shooters. So many of these players who work the hardest for the ball never get a good word said about them or a mvp plaque or anything. Players like Amburgey and Hall are the best players in my op, because they play smart ball and do not want all the glory.
they didn't play at 100% last night.. if they had they woulda blown jbs out by 30 or more.. and kcc has both cox and stamper so looks like they don't have to choose... Smile but look for kcc to play much better the next time the two teams meet then we will see what the real outcome will be..
Looks like JBS needs a little more to be a contender
I was impressed with the play from the big man buttermilk....:Thumbs: way to go PATS
Big man on campus Wrote:.. and kcc has both cox and stamper so looks like they don't have to choose... Smile but look for kcc to play much better the next time the two teams meet then we will see what the real outcome will be..

Well with some people you just never know....the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence you know.

I shouldn't have worded it as choosing between the two, it isn't fair to them, as they both contribute. My point was that kcc needed a point man and they got it. Without him they don't stand a chance against Hazard.

I still disagree with the performance, seems to be a trend I've read in any post about kcc. Basketball isn't a game of "IF".

I will say that kcc is the only team capable of taking Hazard out, at this time.

Good luck to all.
Alot of people have said that KCC played bad. Well the reason might be the game plan of Coach Cook. He played a triangle type defense or what some call a diamond and two in this case. What it basically does is make someone besides Tate and Stewart beat you. KCC had some players that stepped up and answered the call to this. Ratliff and Caudill did a good job of picking the team up. Coach Cook held Tate and Stewart to 22 points. You wont see that many times this year. Lets give Cook some credit for his gameplan and then lets give KCC credit for adjusting their game to offset that. Good job by both teams and both coaching staffs.....
Big man on campus Wrote:they didn't play at 100% last night.. if they had they woulda blown jbs out by 30 or more.. and kcc has both cox and stamper so looks like they don't have to choose... Smile but look for kcc to play much better the next time the two teams meet then we will see what the real outcome will be..

Don't kid yourself "BIG MAN". If they could have blown them out they would have.
I guess some people think that if certain players don't get 30pts. or more then the team played bad......geezzzz!!! KCC had well balanced scoring, good minutes from their subs, (both of whom could start on most teams) and gave JBS fits with the press. And they did this against a good defensive strategy, as has been stated, that they probably never faced. That's good basketball.

The mystical land of "IF" don't exist in basketball, only what you're doing now. They played well, and thats how they'd better play come thrusday.

Hope Santi brings you little ones something good. Or have you been bad?Cool
Its been so longer since Knott Co has had a decent team that people on here are getting a little over confident in this team. I think Knott has a decent team and capable of beating some good teams. I don't think they are close to being the team Hazard is. They will probably play Hazard a good game Thursday simply because Hazard hasn't played much bb together thus far. Enjoy Thursdays game Knott fans because later in the season when Hazard gets in good bb shape no one in this region will come within 15 pts of them.
zulu Wrote:Its been so longer since Knott Co has had a decent team that people on here are getting a little over confident in this team. I think Knott has a decent team and capable of beating some good teams. I don't think they are close to being the team Hazard is. They will probably play Hazard a good game Thursday simply because Hazard hasn't played much bb together thus far. Enjoy Thursdays game Knott fans because later in the season when Hazard gets in good bb shape no one in this region will come within 15 pts of them.

Knott Co. was a decent team last year! Theyre one of the top 14th region contenders this year and are right up there with Hazard in my book. They have IMO the best Point guard in the region in Tate Cox, a strong scoring threat in Stamper, and a well-rounded inside game. This team is for real!
KCC is in a no win situation. IF KCC wins then Hazard was ready because of football. If Hazard wins then it will be "I told you Hazard was better." Good luck to both teams.
Benchwarmer Wrote:KCC is in a no win situation. IF KCC wins then Hazard was ready because of football. If Hazard wins then it will be "I told you Hazard was better." Good luck to both teams.

Yeah, if KCC does win, they won't get any credit for it on here.
PATS2011 Wrote:Yeah, if KCC does win, they won't get any credit for it on here.

you will from me, I've seen this KCC team and they are for real my friends
outdoorsman43 Wrote:you will from me, I've seen this KCC team and they are for real my friends

yeah, same here! But I doubt we will from HHS fans. Wink