Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which schools have the best looking fields??
Ashland is getting an upgrade this off season. I was told that the concrete is going to be replaced with aluminum bleachers and the grass is going to be repalced with turf. When P'burg's field opened in 2001, they played Paintsville in the first game...by far the best grass surface I've ever played on....it was almost like a putting green on a golf course.
Johnson Central had a good one.
Prestonsburg would look good if they didnt have the big dirt spot in the middle of the feild hopefully they get turf with in a year or two.
1) Belfry
2) Pikeville
3) Hazard
4) Desales
5) St. X
With Natural turf I think Knott Central's is as good as any around!
JC, Belfry and from wat those pics look like SC
If you're talking just about fields then Sheldon Clark has the best looking field. I hve learned that only U of L has the sort of turf SC does .:flame:
Lcc
BlackcatAlum Wrote:From what I've seen...

1)Belfry
2)Johnson Central
3)Shelby Valley
4)Ashland
5)Prestonsburg/Hazard

I agree 100%
I was in Louisville this weekend at the State Finals. I happened to drive by Trinity High School. That's one sweet facility. Here's my list
Belfry
Hazard
Sheldon Clark
Prestonsburg
JCHS

Not on any specific order
Trinity has one of the best stadiums in the state. They even have luxury suite boxes.
Mario#1 Wrote:Johnson Central had a good one.

Johnson Central is first class. Very impressive. Until we visited there I thought Dixie Heights was the most impressive. They're both great places to watch a game, but seeing a mid-October game at JC would probably make me forget all about Dixie.
hard to judge unless you've seen them all...i guess i'll do like most everyone else and vote for my favorite team: Therefore....the best field in Kentucky is at Ermine, Ky on the campus of Letcher County Central High School. And as a bonus we have a super JUMBOTRON. How many of you have one of those? There ,I said it.
lil2coupe Wrote:i guess i'll do like most everyone else and vote for my favorite team:

How do you figure? I'm from Highlands, but I picked Johnson Central and Dixie Heights.Rolleyes
Can you dig it? Wrote:Johnson Central is first class. Very impressive. Until we visited there I thought Dixie Heights was the most impressive. They're both great places to watch a game, but seeing a mid-October game at JC would probably make me forget all about Dixie.

Dixie's campus and field is great. I liked JC but the turf looked funny. It looked like the green carpet used on front porches of mobile home decks. Does it have the rubber pelets under the turf? What do/did visiting players have to say about the turf? JC had a good looking baseball field too. NKY schools have to be jealous of these other schools that have all the land to build nice sports facilities,NKY is land locked in most districts.
sstack Wrote:Dixie's campus and field is great. I liked JC but the turf looked funny. It looked like the green carpet used on front porches of mobile home decks. Does it have the rubber pelets under the turf? What do/did visiting players have to say about the turf? JC had a good looking baseball field too. NKY schools have to be jealous of these other schools that have all the land to build nice sports facilities,NKY is land locked in most districts.

I walked on it after the game out in the end zone and it felt funny. Almost too cushiony. I have no idea what it's supposed to feel like and I've never played on a turf field, so this could have just been me. It definitely didn't feel like old time Astro-turf. That was like spray-painted concrete.
I like Ashlands field. Yes parts are crumbling but the history alone has to rank it up there.
Can you dig it? Wrote:How do you figure? I'm from Highlands, but I picked Johnson Central and Dixie Heights.Rolleyes

I'll give you a cookie for being unbiased. Reread my statement. I knew there were a few objective folks posting in this thread so I stated "most". That does not include you.

And, congrats on another championship season. You guys are a real juggernaut. I was hoping you would get to come down to our campus for the game this year, but thanks to Whitley County that didn't happen.
lil2coupe Wrote:I'll give you a cookie for being unbiased. Reread my statement. I knew there were a few objective folks posting in this thread so I stated "most". That does not include you.

And, congrats on another championship season. You guys are a real juggernaut. I was hoping you would get to come down to our campus for the game this year, but thanks to Whitley County that didn't happen.

Okay, first of all, what kind of cookie?Big Grin
Yeah, I tend to miss words like "most" in situations like that.
Seriously, what kind of cookie? Now I'm hungry.:o
From what i've seen i liked...
1) Sheldon Clarks is awesome..but the red will end up fading like Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Belfry
4) Hazards from the looks of the pic.
5) Bell Counties was descent
1.Highlands-Top notch facilities, the stadium is nearly closed in and feels like your playing in a city, plus great playing surface.

2.Trinity-Beautiful place to play football, probably the most hollywood out of any place in the state....Lux. boxes...in high school?

3.Dupont Manuel-Historic, gigantic, and did i mention historic, the endzone is sweet how it has a hill.

4.Belfry-I personally loved vipperman, but CAM is second to none, and how the facilities are built around the field, makes for a loud crowd.
5.Ashland Blazer-Putnam stadium, much like manuel just has so much history, one of the only stadiums with Endzone stands.

6.St.X-unreal how nice this stadium is, huge home bleacher, tiny away

7.Central High-The hive is a live place for central football, built like a prison yard.lol, plus centrals band is the best in the state.

8.Male High-Great facilities, where tradition is overflowing everywhere, been home to many Mr. Footballs

9.Russell- I love Russell, large stands for home and away, down in a pit, ill never forget watching the Russell-Belfry state semi game in 05

10.Johnson Central-new facilities, but the empty endzone make things feel too open.
Gameday at St.X
I think Hazard has a pretty sweet set up....
highlands high best place to watch a high school football game.
As bad as I hate to say it, Hazard has a really good one with the fake turf now. Its really nice as the pics. show.
sheldon clark. hands down
#1ukfan Wrote:As bad as I hate to say it, Hazard has a really good one with the fake turf now. Its really nice as the pics. show.

Why do you hate to say it?
I think Hazard's too. As far as the field turf goes I like it ( not meaning to offend anyone) better than the older style turf at Letcher, Belfry, and Johnson Central. Their turf stand up more, and to me makes it look more like real grass. Plus the colors are cool too. The only draw back to Hazard's field though is it would be nice to have a visitor section of bleachers.
As far as over all facilities go I'd have to say Belfry. Cool place for kids to play. They definately did things right with that stadium.
I believe that Lecher County Central has one nice field...And so does Johnson Central.
Those pictures of Hazard's field are just awesome. My favorite place that we (Harlan County) have played at so far was at Letcher.