Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which schools have the best looking fields??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Opinions??
I'd have to say i like the looks of
Prestonsburg
JCHS
Bell
Madison Central
Sheldon Clarks new field is pretty sweet!
St.X
Trinity
and many others!
Belfry...Hazards is prety nice too
From what I've seen...

1)Belfry
2)Johnson Central
3)Shelby Valley
4)Ashland
5)Prestonsburg/Hazard
Letcher Central has a beautiful field.
IMO Sheldon Clark has the best looking field
I would say with alot of the other schools getting turf Prestonsburg is one of the worst feilds. Especially now that the rock has turf on it. They have had to put alot of time and money just to keep grass on it. I know they were fund rasing to get turf. What every happened to that?
Matman Wrote:I would say with alot of the other schools getting turf Prestonsburg is one of the worst feilds. Especially now that the rock has turf on it. They have had to put alot of time and money just to keep grass on it. I know they were fund rasing to get turf. What every happened to that?

They are still raising money. I know they had 1/3 of it last spring, not sure on the amount they have now though.
Hazard's Daniel Field....

[Image: 055.jpg]
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Hazard's Daniel Field....

[Image: 055.jpg]

Nice real nice!!!
can someone put belfry field on here like the close up of hazards field?
Sheldon Clark has the nicest field..
The only problem I have with Hazard's field is the same problem I have with The Crock: lack of visitor's side seating.

Ashland's field has this beautiful, old feel to it. It's like the place is alive during football season. I absolutely loved sitting on those cement bleachers and looking at that field. It just felt right, like every football game ever played should be at a place like that.

Belfry's field is almost like a resort. Still though, it has this home feel to it. Of course, it could just be where I pass it every time I leave the house Tongue

Shelby Valley has some really nice facilities too. As does Pikeville, but again with the visitors' seating at Pikeville.
I have been to most, Hazard has the best surface and Belfry has the best accomodations. I have been to Ashland, the most historic, compared to Notre Dame of high school fields........environment
Sarrr Wrote:The only problem I have with Hazard's field is the same problem I have with The Crock: lack of visitor's side seating.

Ashland's field has this beautiful, old feel to it. It's like the place is alive during football season. I absolutely loved sitting on those cement bleachers and looking at that field. It just felt right, like every football game ever played should be at a place like that.

Belfry's field is almost like a resort. Still though, it has this home feel to it. Of course, it could just be where I pass it every time I leave the house Tongue

Shelby Valley has some really nice facilities too. As does Pikeville, but again with the visitors' seating at Pikeville.

The Crock? lol whats that all about?
My top 10 would be...

1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Hazard
4) Prestonsburg
5) Ashland
6) Sheldon Clark
7) Pikeville
8) Middlesboro
9) Bell County
10) Shelby Valley
Sheldon Clark's filed has my vote.

Then Shelby Valley,

Then Belfry.
I really like Johnson Central's field, just not the track around it. Puts you to far away. I agree with Sarr. You shouldn't intermingle fans in a sports environment.
The Rock
the question is who has the best non-turf field
BatCat11 Wrote:The Rock

good looking field
Since this is asking for "fields" and not facilities or stadiums, on would have to give the nod to natural surface fields that are well maintained:

- Ashland
- Montgomery County
- Scott County
- Louisville Male
- Hopkinsville Stadium of Champions

Those are my prsonal favorites.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:From what I've seen...

1)Belfry
2)Johnson Central
3)Shelby Valley
4)Ashland
5)Prestonsburg/Hazard

Have you look at P-burg field. That field look like something back in the 50's. They need to update, get in to 2000's.
Sarrr Wrote:The only problem I have with Hazard's field is the same problem I have with The Crock: lack of visitor's side seating.

It said fields. The field don't have nothing to do with sitting. At Hazard there is more fans around the field then they are sitting.
Shelby Valley
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:My top 10 would be...

1) Belfry
2) Johnson Central
3) Hazard
4) Prestonsburg
5) Ashland
6) Sheldon Clark
7) Pikeville
8) Middlesboro
9) Bell County
10) Shelby Valley

I really don't see Bell Counties field in the top ten unless they got field turff. If they don't have field turf , I would put at about 65.
I really like Belfry and Shelby Valley's fields. They have nice feels to them.
BatCat11 Wrote:The Crock? lol whats that all about?

Didn't you know? Only radio announcers, newspaper writers, and people from Inez call that place The Rock Tongue

It IS a nice field though. Gotta congratulate the SCHS community on it Smile.

SVHS' field is gorgeous, there just isn't very much seating, and I hate a track around the field. LOVE the WILDCATS stones around that side of the stadium though. Whoever had that idea is brilliant!

I never really noticed it til now, but Hazard's school colors really look good on a football field.

And, hopefully, I'll put up a pic of The New Death Valley in just a minute or two...
I like the ugly ones best!!!:ape:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:From what I've seen...

1)Belfry
2)Johnson Central
3)Shelby Valley
4)Ashland
5)Prestonsburg/Hazard
Have you ever been in Ashland's stadium? Wow, it is crumbling down to nothing the visitors side. The endzone goes into someones back yard. Matter of fact you should see it when it rains really hard. It floods really easy, you need a life jacket!!! It ranks about as good as Racelands field. Don't get me started on Racelands field either. We need a post on the worst fields in KY.
Pages: 1 2 3 4