Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Student Section Name?
The Shirtless Wonders!
well i liked the commodore crazies until i left..lol..but i like the dog pound from hazard..thats creative
BCF4L Wrote:The Prestonsburg student section isn't anywhere close to what it was when I played. Kids would rather do all of those other fun things to do in Prestonsburg than come to a high school football or basketball game. Smile

Haha yeah since theres so much to do in this town. You figured they would jump at the chance to go to a game and mess with the other team. I guess its just not what they think is "cool" anymore.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Prestonsburg is still very mild compared to Paintsville.. actually they are mild compared to everyone.

they are very mild compared to Paintsville and Johnson central.
I like the "Mi Hermano's".
sheldon clark has a lil section Cardinals Krazies!
king360 Wrote:well i liked the commodore crazies until i left..lol..but i like the dog pound from hazard..thats creative

It's the DAWG POUND!!! :wieghts:
da_boss Wrote:sheldon clark has a lil section Cardinals Krazies!

Sheldon Clarks support has been down the last couple of years and they are trying to get that reestablished over there in inez. I remember my freshman year the Cardinal Krazies were really good and loud but everyone has graduated since then.
Cardinal Krazies, Sheldon Clark
They usually get into it too ... Well last year they did
Russell also used Bleacher Creachers, believe it was during the televised ashland game, they had shirts and everything. But ill never forget the sign i saw at the Russell at Fairview game..."All i want for christmas is a new B-ball coach" LOL dodd of course
Pikevilles Panther Pit
Centrals Hawks Nest
Boyd Countys Lions Den

Bleacher Creatures is creative and unique
If...Then Wrote:Pikevilles Panther Pit
Centrals Hawks Nest
Boyd Countys Lions Den

Bleacher Creatures is creative and unique
I'm almost positive it is not called that. Considering we are in the middle of the naming process.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:In 1984 they were in the regional champsionship...so what exactly do you have to cheer for???

My team, just like them
the real player44 Wrote:they are very mild compared to Paintsville and Johnson central.

Johnson Central has one of the best pep sections around... just see how loud and mild we are next Saturday!
Not going to say Pike Central has the coolest name with the Hawks Nest but by far we have the nicest set up for a pep-section and opponets who choose to bring theirs to the arena.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Someones grouchy today lolSmile Smile
I had a rough day that day. haha I wasn't meaning to be that way towards anyone in particular. I just don't know why so many threads are started on student sections, when there are plenty more issues to be discussed concerning high school basketball. :thumpsup: My bad for my comments being taken the wrong way. haha If it matters, I'm in a better mood today!!! Big Grin
Panther Thunder Wrote:Dear Lord, please enough. We know you think the "Bleacher Creatures" are God's gift to humanity. Must you keep pointing that out?

Why don't we just go ahead and say they have the best name, are the best, are the most creative, are the most intimidating, look the best, smell the best, get to the games at the perfect time, don't leave until it's 20 minutes after the horn, are always prepared, have the best numbers, make the media recognize them as "beastly"

hahahah.. That made me LOL. Good one. I completely agree with your post. Smile
powell has the best.... if you ever go 2 one of there games then youll no.....
Actually in the 1970's there was a sign in Hazard Memorial Gym above the student section that said Bleacher Creatures !!
Well bleacher creature 10 i am a member of the phs student section and our name is the hail raisers. IDK who came up with that but Hail Raisers is so much better.
Eastern has the "Eagles Nest"
East Ridge's is called The Tribe.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Dear Lord, please enough. We know you think the "Bleacher Creatures" are God's gift to humanity. Must you keep pointing that out?

Why don't we just go ahead and say they have the best name, are the best, are the most creative, are the most intimidating, look the best, smell the best, get to the games at the perfect time, don't leave until it's 20 minutes after the horn, are always prepared, have the best numbers, make the media recognize them as "beastly",

they can cheer in their sleep, when they aren't cheering- they really are- it's just to make us think "hey they aren't cheering" thusly getting inside our heads and thoughts even more efficiently without the effort,

they have been recruited to go to numerous colleges to yell at games by the likes of Duke, Arizona, Michigan State, and Texas Tech- but they often decline so they can spend time explaining why they are all of the things listed above plus MANY MANY MANY more.

Is that about right? :igiveup::mad:WinkRolleyes:kneel: I expect some reputation points for this post from all those who were thinking the same thingBig Grin!

GREAT POST............. I got chuckled with that one!
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:Well bleacher creature 10 i am a member of the phs student section and our name is the hail raisers. IDK who came up with that but Hail Raisers is so much better.

Same here
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:Well bleacher creature 10 i am a member of the phs student section and our name is the hail raisers. IDK who came up with that but Hail Raisers is so much better.

Guys come on the Bleacher Creatures has been the name since the 80's why change it now? You don't see anyone else changing there student section name after they have had the name for years. If nothing else its tradition. And I was not saying that Bleacher Creatures is the best name ever given to a student section, all I said was that it was a little unique and not everyone names there student section this. So what if a couple of schools used it, most don't now and we kept it. And can we please drop the this section is better than that section argument because the thread title was "Best Student Section Name?" not the best student section!
I like the Hawks Nest. There are better out there, but I LOVE Pike Central's mural in their pep section. It is truly original and will always mean something. It's my fav!
If I remember correctly, Hazard used Bleacher Creature back in the 1990's, remember the sign hanging from the rafters forever. Not sure if they use another name now or not. Anyone know if the Hazard pep section has a name they go by? Maybe Dawg Pound??
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I like the Hawks Nest. There are better out there, but I LOVE Pike Central's mural in their pep section. It is truly original and will always mean something. It's my fav!

Got any pics never been to PC oddly?
This isn't the best photo in the world, but its the only one I could find on my computer (its new so I don't have all my pics on it). I copied it onto Paint and tried to enlarge just the mural. It is so much prettier than this. It says "The Hawks Nest" but like I said, I just took this out of the background of another picture and tried to enlarge it. I'll try to post a better one later.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:This isn't the best photo in the world, but its the only one I could find on my computer (its new so I don't have all my pics on it). I copied it onto Paint and tried to enlarge just the mural. It is so much prettier than this. It says "The Hawks Nest" but like I said, I just took this out of the background of another picture and tried to enlarge it. I'll try to post a better one later.

Thats pretty cool I like that if you can get a better pic please post it.Big Grin