Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Student Section Name?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would say the Bleacher Creatures is one of the most unique names for a student section. perfect fit!
"Yell Raisers" is a unique one as well..
phs1986 Wrote:"Yell Raisers" is a unique one as well..

I like that. :thumpsup:
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I would say the Bleacher Creatures is one of the most unique names for a student section. perfect fit!

The Bleacher Creatures is not a unique name to Prestonsburg...Magoffin County used the same name during the 1984 season. Magoffin was defeated by Johnson Central on a last second shot in the regional finals. Magoffin fans arrived on 7 school buses for the championship game...
Chuck Taylor Wrote:The Bleacher Creatures is not a unique name to Prestonsburg...Magoffin County used the same name back in the mid 80's when Magoffin was defeated by Johnson Central on a last second shot in the regional finals. Magoffin fans arrived on 7 school buses for the championship game...

Yeah they may have used the name but who gave them that name? Pburg was given this name by the newspapers because of how rude and intimidating they are. Oh and does Magoffin Co. even have a student section now and if they do they have nothing to cheer for.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Yeah they may have used the name but who gave them that name? Pburg was given this name by the newspapers because of how rude and intimidating they are. Oh and does Magoffin Co. even have a student section now and if they do they have nothing to cheer for.

In 1984 they were in the regional champsionship...so what exactly do you have to cheer for???
I think I've heard of a few other pep sections being "Bleacher Creatures." I just wonder where that pep section was during football season....I went to a P-burg football game and it was dead.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think I've heard of a few other pep sections being "Bleacher Creatures." I just wonder where that pep section was during football season....I went to a P-burg football game and it was dead.

We were dead because we beat everyone by 20+ every game no one cared.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:In 1984 they were in the regional champsionship...so what exactly do you have to cheer for???

We won it in 1989 and I am talking about today not 20 years ago.
Whats up with all these student section threads?
This is a thread on the "names" their sections are given. I haven't seen another one on this topic unless I'm overlooking it???
phs1986 Wrote:This is a thread on the "names" their sections are given. I haven't seen another one on this topic unless I'm overlooking it???

I've seen, "Best Student Section in the 15th?" & "Powell County Student Section."
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've seen, Best Student Section in the 15th? & Powell County Student Section.

Yeah I saw those too but they didn't ask for the names their sections were given. I know a lot of places don't name their student sections just called them the pep section...... I know they are close in similarity but they are also a tad bit different.... ???? Maybe!!!! LOL...
The PAINTED CRAZIES lawrence county
Orange Crush
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:We won it in 1989 and I am talking about today not 20 years ago.
Then why bring up 1989? Prestonsburg hasn't done anything as far as region goes in quite some time either. Bleacher Creatures is not unique! A million schools use it. I don't care if the newspaper gave you the nickname or if a student thought of it, it's not unique. It's creative, yes, and it rhymes, but that's about it.
Prestonsburgs Section is also called "The Hail Raisers".
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Then why bring up 1989? Prestonsburg hasn't done anything as far as region goes in quite some time either. Bleacher Creatures is not unique! A million schools use it. I don't care if the newspaper gave you the nickname or if a student thought of it, it's not unique. It's creative, yes, and it rhymes, but that's about it.

Someones grouchy today lolSmile Smile
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Yeah they may have used the name but who gave them that name? Pburg was given this name by the newspapers because of how rude and intimidating they are. Oh and does Magoffin Co. even have a student section now and if they do they have nothing to cheer for.

Prestonsburg is still very mild compared to Paintsville.. actually they are mild compared to everyone.
I think they like waking up on that wrong side of the bed there Blackcat lol.
Dear Lord, please enough. We know you think the "Bleacher Creatures" are God's gift to humanity. Must you keep pointing that out?

Why don't we just go ahead and say they have the best name, are the best, are the most creative, are the most intimidating, look the best, smell the best, get to the games at the perfect time, don't leave until it's 20 minutes after the horn, are always prepared, have the best numbers, make the media recognize them as "beastly",

they can cheer in their sleep, when they aren't cheering- they really are- it's just to make us think "hey they aren't cheering" thusly getting inside our heads and thoughts even more efficiently without the effort,

they have been recruited to go to numerous colleges to yell at games by the likes of Duke, Arizona, Michigan State, and Texas Tech- but they often decline so they can spend time explaining why they are all of the things listed above plus MANY MANY MANY more.

Is that about right? :igiveup::mad:WinkRolleyes:kneel: I expect some reputation points for this post from all those who were thinking the same thingBig Grin!
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:We were dead because we beat everyone by 20+ every game no one cared.

I've been to a lot of P'burg games and I don't think that's the case. There was hardly anyone there, no band, etc....sounds like the football support from the school might be going down. Also, if you beat everyone by 20+ each week you'd still be playing Big Grin
IRISH4 Wrote:I've been to a lot of P'burg games and I don't think that's the case. There was hardly anyone there, no band, etc....sounds like the football support from the school might be going down. Also, if you beat everyone by 20+ each week you'd still be playing Big Grin

i was going to say that earlier, but I'm a ******* enough on here so i let that one slide.
Just a joke, nothing to get bent out of shape about.
IRISH4 Wrote:Just a joke, nothing to get bent out of shape about.

lol, im not, some other p-burg fans will when they get on at school tomorrow tho.
This site is blocked at school I think. But I could care less if we have a great name or not. I show up to cheer my boys on. I dont worry about everyone elses section. I just worry about ours. Our numbers are down cause kids think they are too cool to cheer. Thats about it. Not enough kids to make a band up. Why argue about a dumb name. lol If you think about it. Its pretty dumb.
High Hat Crasies
The Prestonsburg student section isn't anywhere close to what it was when I played. Kids would rather do all of those other fun things to do in Prestonsburg than come to a high school football or basketball game. Smile
IRISH4 Wrote:I think I've heard of a few other pep sections being "Bleacher Creatures." I just wonder where that pep section was during football season....I went to a P-burg football game and it was dead.

:thatsfunn
The PAINTED CRAZIES.. Lawrence County
Pages: 1 2 3