Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
sstack Wrote:Because all the JC fans keep saying this team is better and they are learning from last several years on what it takes to get to the top. So this is suppose to be your year from what I have been hearing.
From an outsider looking in, the team two years ago was better, because they were a little more versatile, but this team is better than last year's no doubt. That being said, this is one of JC's best teams, and I think they have been building for a long time to get a shot at Highlands. This type of buildup can work against you as well if you are too emotional and do not play good fundamental football after the emotion starts to wear off. My Thanksgiving recipe for the upset. Score first and then get a big break. Score again and then settle in for the fight of your life. Hold on to the football and grind the clock away and survive some Bluebirds big plays. It may just be wishful thinking but, JC 27, Highlands 24.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Predictions & thoughts?

Highlands BIG.We played J.C. in our first game and they were good but not on Highlands level.
THOMCAT Wrote:I was getting a haircut yesterday and my barber, who also drives a school bus, stated that he heard that it was close to already being a sell out with the amount of tickets that have already been sold. Any idea on what will be the cut off point for number of tickets sold. Sure would hate to be turned away at the gate.

I was just on the HHS school web site and it stated they are not selling presale tixs. If JC is selling out the game before birds fans arrive there will be some made people. I thought visiting teams had to be given so many tixs for the game?
i would say that hhs fault if they had a chance to sell them and didnt,sorry about there luck..go eagles,go pirates
cuppett777 Wrote:i would say that hhs fault if they had a chance to sell them and didnt,sorry about there luck..go eagles,go pirates

I hope there is more hospitality from the rest of your schools fans!
Wish I could go to this game its going to be a good one I say that the winner of this game will go to papa john's and win.
i am real friendly person sstack, was actully joking,but if hhs didnt sell tickets when they had a chance and jc sells out its not there fault,the law only lets so many people in,hope you get a ticket as well as your fans.have a good trip..
cuppett777 Wrote:i am real friendly person sstack, was actully joking,but if hhs didnt sell tickets when they had a chance and jc sells out its not there fault,the law only lets so many people in,hope you get a ticket as well as your fans.have a good trip..

That law was not there during the 2006 season, when the Cov Cath pep squad and the JC pep squad were joined together. I say there was on a verge of 6-7 thousand people in that stadium. Probably the loudest most exciting football game in my life. Hope you highlands fans can bring the thunder also.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Highlands BIG.We played J.C. in our first game and they were good but not on Highlands level.

Please recall that this was over 12 weeks ago. Teams progress throughout the season. I am positive that Breathitt is now a lot better also.
the law is how many exits per person in case of fire of something,so i guess that there was enough exits for 6-7thousand people,i hope jc brings the whole city of paintsville,and hope they win,i will be at belfry.
DevilsWin Wrote:No contest. The Bluebirds by as much as they want. 45pts or more.

Predictions and brew don't mix.
Highlands should win this easy. But remember last year when Louisville Central played JC? Many thought JC did not have a chance. I'm picking Highlands but I would not be surprised if JC won the game. They seem to be up for the big games.
sstack Wrote:I was just on the HHS school web site and it stated they are not selling presale tixs. If JC is selling out the game before birds fans arrive there will be some made people. I thought visiting teams had to be given so many tixs for the game?

Plenty of room around the track also if it becomes SRO (there was in 2006, and that was when the stands were currently half their size and without any visitor side bleachers), although the stands are now gigantic, really more like cavernous, and I doubt all of them being totally filled in any game, ever. I realllly doubt anybody gets turned away at the door for this one.
Johnson takes it by a TD
Diogenes Wrote:Plenty of room around the track also if it becomes SRO (there was in 2006, and that was when the stands were currently half their size and without any visitor side bleachers), although the stands are now gigantic, really more like cavernous, and I doubt all of them being totally filled in any game, ever. I realllly doubt anybody gets turned away at the door for this one.

I may be wrong but I think the visitor's stand hold 2000 and the home stands 4000. Lots of room around the track too. Should be plenty of seating.

Wow I can remember several years back when 20 to 30 people would show up for a JC home game. 6000+ for a playoff game against HHS would have been a dream. Dreams do come true!
MonsterMan Wrote:Wow I can remember several years back when 20 to 30 people would show up for a JC home game. 6000+ for a playoff game against HHS would have been a dream. Dreams do come true!

Amen to that one, brother. A-men.
26 hours
Guys... 24 hours till warmups.
if the eagles show up ready to play then i predict eagles 21- bluebirds 17 but if not then its gone to be a long night for those eagles
23 hours 15 minutes till kickoff
Just watched WYMT Sports Overtime Thursday Edition. Matney stated"we must play a perfect game". Chase Richardson was the Mountian Player of the Week for his performance against CC. Weather will be clear and 42 degrees at game time. 24 hours form now it will be on!
GOODLUCK JC, from P_BURG :}
go eagles
Thank you Belfry and Prestonsburg supporters, good luck to both of your teams also.
Diogenes Wrote:Plenty of room around the track also if it becomes SRO (there was in 2006, and that was when the stands were currently half their size and without any visitor side bleachers), although the stands are now gigantic, really more like cavernous, and I doubt all of them being totally filled in any game, ever. I realllly doubt anybody gets turned away at the door for this one.

Thanks, thats nice to hear. See you tomorrow night, it should be fun.
sstack Wrote:Thanks, thats nice to hear. See you tomorrow night, it should be fun.

Hope you all have a safe ride down tomorrow. Have a safe trip and lets have a good game.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:How is is bigger than the game against CovCath two years ago?

I say this one's bigger because this one has yet to be played, and we can still win it, while the 2006 game is history. That's my reasoning.

But then again, I feel like every Friday night's game is the biggest game in our history, for similar reasons. You can only win the one you play this week, so you might as well come 100% every week.
Highlands 28
Johnson central 13
Good Luck Johnson Central, I am a Paintsville fan and want to see JCHS beat Highlands. I will be at the game and look forward to a great game and atmosphere for high school football.
Class 5A Highlands (11-1) at Johnson Central (11-1)
WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 p.m. today; 257 N. Mayo Trail, Paintsville

WHAT'S NEXT: The winner will play either Letcher County Central or Whitley County in the state semifinals.

WHAT TO WATCH: Highlands first-year starting quarterback Tony Guidugli has cultivated a trio of reliable targets: receivers Austin Collinsworth and Nick Buten and tight end Brandon Roller. All three have at least 500 yards receiving and three touchdowns. Guidugli has been accurate, completing 66 percent of his passes, and the Bluebirds have shown a great deal of confidence in their passing in close games. Their biggest weapon through the air is the deep ball. Don't be surprised if one of Guidugli's top receivers gets behind the Johnson Central defense for a big gain.

BOTTOM LINE: After a first-round scare against Bryan Station, Highlands appears to be back on track. Johnson Central is one of the best Class 5A teams in the state, but the Bluebirds still are favored.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next