Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 08-09
bballfan12 Wrote:They have some blonde kid with that can run a 40 in 4.3 i think he is a junior.

Whats his name?
Who are the likely starters this season for the Bobcats?
I hope they dont play SF then--Bl carrying those bricks and SF players drinking that 100 proof somebody could get hurt or pass out..LMAO j/p cant wait to watch that game all kinds of AIs and Assult with deadly weapons given out...

Rolleyes Not so sure of your choice of words on this post.
Real Talent on the Hill!!! I think Dylan Maldonado and Nathan Martin should be starters for sure. Not so sure about the Stumbo kid. Josh Head, Bryce, and Tibbs are all good as well! Best of Luck this year Bobcats!
good luck cats
I think Betsy Layne has alot of talent and with Jr.Newsome coming out of retirment to coach the bobcats a lot of good things will happen
I think the Bobcats will sneak and win the 58th this season! For the first time in what seems like forever!
i think that this team will have to be lead by adam slone and i would like to wish slone and he team good luck this season...... jc#14
Betsy Layne has alot of talent coming back from last season and with a coach like Jr.Newsome a proven winner. Look for the bobcats in the regional tournoment.
i look for them to be 2nd best in the region. next to valley.
I agree, Jr. Newsome is a winner. And with the talent Betsy Layne has. I believe that Betsy Layne is a team to be reckoned with.
thoughts about starters?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I think Betsy Layne may surprise a few people this season! Gotta lot of young talent up on that hill, that's for sure!

If they turn out like some say and are great and all there will be a lot of surprised people....like me for one. I think they will be average at best. But good luck, I guess you should aim and all.
I'd say the starters will be
Point-Guard Dylan Maldonado, Soph, If he plays
Shooting-Guard Nathen Martin, Soph may be switched to 3 spot but Idk
Small-Foward Adam Slone, Sr, May be switched around also And Prob Captain
Power-Foward Ritchie Tackett,-Bryant Tibbs, both Sr, This is a toss up
Center-Josh Head,Sr Probly the Other Captain
and I see them being probly third In the district maybe second,
and in region prob not even in the top 10 no offence
Starters will be IMO
PG: Adam Slone
SG: Bryce _________(not sure of his last name)
SF: Bryant Tibbs or Nathan Martin
PF: Bryant Tibbs (when not starting SF) and Richie Tackett
C. Josh Head
Maldinado will start some but be the first off the bench when not starting.
I see them as #1 in District and maybe top 5 in a weak Region this season JMO
i think starters will be dylan maldonado pg adam slone sg nathan martin sf bryant tibbs pf and josh head c this will be a very good lineup and no one else you all have been talkin about should not start llike colt stumbo and richie tackett aint that good as people are saying and colt stumb cant dribble shoot or get a rebound i think derek tackett could out rebound him and he is only 5'4 and colt is 6'5
good luck to the bobcat this year
Yea i look for the bobcats to have a great season alot of potential there... i think the starting lineup will be josh head; bryant tibbs, dylan maldanaldo, bryce adkins, & adam slone or nathan martin.... and as far as colt stumbo if hes a power house then ive never seen it on the floor.
I think losing their seniors last year will make them a better team (besides brennan) losing brennan will hurt. but other than that, i think nathan martin has a very nice shot he just needs to be more aggressive. maldanado just needs to have more confidence running the point. jared newmans younger brother just needs to put on some weight and get more physical and he could be a decent player. those are the main underclassmen i saw play last year so i dont know a whole lot on the rest. but i think martin is underrated and has a very pretty shot
sorry, forgot about josh head.. just needs to put on weight. very good jumper, but needs to get more physical.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I think losing their seniors last year will make them a better team (besides brennan) losing brennan will hurt. but other than that, i think nathan martin has a very nice shot he just needs to be more aggressive. maldanado just needs to have more confidence running the point. jared newmans younger brother just needs to put on some weight and get more physical and he could be a decent player. those are the main underclassmen i saw play last year so i dont know a whole lot on the rest. but i think martin is underrated and has a very pretty shot

so your saying Nathan Martin doesn't need to put on weight. he is twice as skinny as jordan newman.
It doesn't matter who starts...who the point guard will be...who can handle the ball or who is a power house....IF BETSY LAYNE DON'T START PLAYING DEFENSE.....THEIR NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!, but home during the tournment!!
So after the Wolfe Co, game and Blue and White Night who stood out for the Bobcats??
after watching both games nathan martin has really impressed me, he has got one of the prettiest shots i have seen in a while.
I think the cats will be decent this year
1- Head is a good player i go to alot of BL games when im not dancing a game myself.
2- Dylan is a great player! i think he will definatly make a difference in the team!
SV is #1 but i believe BL will give them a run for their money!!
BBALL_Action09 Wrote:It doesn't matter who starts...who the point guard will be...who can handle the ball or who is a power house....IF BETSY LAYNE DON'T START PLAYING DEFENSE.....THEIR NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!, but home during the tournment!!

Haha, betsy layne may be the besy defense team in the 58th
they will b better this year but i dont c them playin with sv. no way
Danzer09 Wrote:I think the cats will be decent this year
1- Head is a good player i go to alot of BL games when im not dancing a game myself.
2- Dylan is a great player! i think he will definatly make a difference in the team!
SV is #1 but i believe BL will give them a run for their money!!

You can't be serious. I watched both teams last year and I can't imagine things have changed enough for them to make a run at Shelby Valley.
They did give Valley a run for their money two years ago, when Valley was a clear-cut favorite to win that game! Just a thought.......I know it's two different teams, but who knows?????? They do play the game for a reason!
[HTML]100% Sucess: They did give Valley a run for their money two years ago, when Valley was a clear-cut favorite to win that game! Just a thought.......I know it's two different teams, but who knows?????? They do play the game for a reason![/HTML]

I agree with you 100% percent.....2 years ago at the expo...the Bobcats came close to betting Shelby Valley in the tournment....so be careful who you are picking this season anything could happen.....