Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 08-09
Thoughts..

Starters?, Key Reserves?, etc.
I drove by yesterday and seen the boys running the hill with one brick in each hand. I belive it will be a whole new program at betsy layne these next few years.

1-Adam Slone / Dylan Maldonado
2-Nathan Martin/ Bryce Adkins/ Dylan Maldonado
3- Bryant Tibb/ Nathan Martin/ Colt Stumbo
4- Jordan Newman/ Josh Head/ Richie Tackett/ Casey Adkins
5- Josh Head/ Casey Adkins/ Ricky Newsom

Adam slone- Great floor general, can dribble and is a leader
Nathan Martin- Good SHOOTER from any where on the floor one of the prettiest shots i have seen in a while.
Bryce Adkins- Can shoot the ball very well, dribbles the balll very good.
Bryant Tibbs- Strong, can shoot the ball well15 and in.
Josh Head- Very nice hook shoot, or fad away J.
Any other player listed could start on any given night, and i ko that coach newsome will have these boys in great shape.
jr. Wrote:I drove by yesterday and seen the boys running the hill with one brick in each hand. I belive it will be a whole new program at betsy layne these next few years.

Nathan Martin- Good SHOOTER from any where on the floor one of the prettiest shots i have seen in a while.
Any other player listed could start on any given night, and i ko that coach newsome will have these boys in great shape.

I think the starters will be:

PG- Dylan Maldonado
SG- Nathan Martin
SF- Adam Slone
PF- Bryant Tibbs or Richie Tackett
C-Josh Head

Subs- B. Adkins, C. Adkins, C. Stumbo, and J. Newman

Running that hill is run enough I'd say, I'd say it's rough on the Arms and Shoulders, in a bad way.
They need to be like colt stumbo and tie a four weeler to there backs. Colt-6'4 power house
jr. Wrote:[B]I drove by yesterday and seen the boys running the hill with one brick in each hand.[/B] I belive it will be a whole new program at betsy layne these next few years.

SF has been running the hill with a 20lb. Weight Vest on and 2 Gallons of water each, one in each hand.
The bobcats should be pretty deep this season! I look for the starters to be:
1.) Dylan Maldenado
2.) Bryce Adkins
3.) Bryant Tibbs
4.) Richie Newsome
5.) Josh Head

w/ Adam Slone & Nathan Martin & Jordan Newman coming off the bench early and getting a lot of minutes, possibly starting many games.

I know it's early, but I predict them to win the 58th for the first time in a long time!
uhavenoidea Wrote:SF has been running the hill with a 20lb. Weight Vest on and 2 Gallons of water each, one in each hand.

I saw that and thought they were bullet proof vest and gallons of 100 proof.
just kiddingSmile
I belive you will see a hole new program at BL
starters
1. adam slone
2. bryce adkins
3. colt stumbo
4.tibbs
5.josh head
player45 Wrote:I belive you will see a hole new program at BL
starters
1. adam slone
2. bryce adkins
3. colt stumbo
4.tibbs
5.josh head

1. You spelled 'whole' wrong
2. Dylan Maldanado will start over Colt
Way to be smart

Dylan is not sure he will even play, and yes I believe Colt is capable of starting in the 3 or 4 spot.
Does betsy layne high have any new dudes up there that can play i hear theres a new transfer student whos gonna try to play anyone know
Anyone Know anything on betsy laynes new guys
No i dont think they have any new players that will be playing much.
player45 Wrote:I belive you will see a hole new program at BL
starters
1. adam slone
2. bryce adkins
3. colt stumbo
4.tibbs
5.josh head

I believe Jordan Newman would start over Colt Stumbo.
Colt Stumbo, I mean enough said he's the best player in the region! He can play in the post, or he can bump out to the three point line and make it rain.... theirs no stopping him!
i heard they got some new guy steven something transfered from a private school they say hes good
Adam Slone, Bryce Adkins, Nathan Martin, Tibbs, Head will be the starters of this team, will win the disrict and will be 2nd best in the region aside from sv
humm u think so
I dont think so i know so, theres no dought in my mind
I think BL will be decent this year, but not that great. I'd say they will win 8-12 games. 58th is wide open & could be anybodies this year.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I think BL will be decent this year, but not that great. I'd say they will win 8-12 games. 58th is wide open & could be anybodies this year.

That's a very accurate statement as of right now.
i think that Betsy Layne will be very good this year under coach newsom..he will have his boys in real good shape come season. they will be 1st in district and 2nd in region behind shelby valley. colt stumbo will be a big part of the bobcats success...he is probably the most underated player in the 15th
blforlife9 Wrote:Colt Stumbo, I mean enough said he's the best player in the region! He can play in the post, or he can bump out to the three point line and make it rain.... theirs no stopping him!

Who is Colt Stumbo? I hope hes the player you put him out to be. Im about afraid to say how BL will do this year, dont know much about them. But I wish the best of luck to the Bobcats this season.:thumpsup:
I hope they dont play SF then--Bl carrying those bricks and SF players drinking that 100 proof somebody could get hurt or pass out..LMAO j/p cant wait to watch that game all kinds of AIs and Assult with deadly weapons given out...
blforlife9 Wrote:Colt Stumbo, I mean enough said he's the best player in the region! He can play in the post, or he can bump out to the three point line and make it rain.... theirs no stopping him!

Colt Stumbo all the way!
I think Betsy Layne may surprise a few people this season! Gotta lot of young talent up on that hill, that's for sure!
i recognize alot of those names... there is a lot of young talent... you've got
to have leadership also... some of the senior players that were not mentioned that can really have an impact are tyler kidd and ritchie tackett, and the others mentioned. you have to have a well rounded team to be successful. i wish them the best of luck. their new coach will play to win and that's what it takes.
How Many Boys Are Out This Year?
They have some blonde kid with that can run a 40 in 4.3 i think he is a junior.
bballfan12 Wrote:They have some blonde kid with that can run a 40 in 4.3 i think he is a junior.

who cares about 40 times this isnt football its basketball...