Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 13 - Shelby Valley 12
give shelby valley a break... they gave p-burg the game of this season... valley needs to keep their heads up high... and they will get another shot at it
how bout donovan hamilton and cody mitchell an their deffensive performances
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:... In your opinion, if next Friday, if the same score is the same as this one with Belfry coming out on top, will it be because Belfry played down to P-burg or would you be saying that P-burg is under rated?

BTW, your prediction for the game was WAY off.

blackcat Wrote:Once again, Belfry plays at JC next Friday, not Prestonsburg.

I said IF they played next Friday, not when. If they did, and the score was the same, would it be said that that P-burg was that good or would the P-burg posters be saying that Belfry played bad?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I was not at this game but watched WYMT sportsovetime, from the replay of the first down on a Pburg call and the TD?. I must say there are questions on the refs calls. I mean come on people? I agree with Brian on WYMT, this should have been a SV win. Questions Questions on the refs...!
UK Wildcat Wrote:I was not at this game but watched WYMT sportsovetime, from the replay of the first down on a Pburg call and the TD?. I must say there are questions on the refs calls. I mean come on people? I agree with Brian on WYMT, this should have been a SV win. Questions Questions on the refs...!

Questions on calls ???????????? Are you SERIOUS !!! IT WAS A GOOD GAME ! Both teams wanted to win and ONE did ! Give it a break !
canoeman06 Wrote:Questions on calls ???????????? Are you SERIOUS !!! IT WAS A GOOD GAME ! Both teams wanted to win and ONE did ! Give it a break !

so your saying we shouldnt question whether a ref makes a good call or not??
i mean we cant change the call at least let us state our opinion on what we think...its kinda what this web site is made for!!!Cool
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:You are right about championship teams finding a way to win. But on the other hand, doesnt championship teams play every game hard and not play down to their oppenent? In your opinion, if next Friday, if the same score is the same as this one with Belfry coming out on top, will it be because Belfry played down to P-burg or would you be saying that P-burg is under rated?

BTW, your prediction for the game was WAY off.
So you're saying that Belfry shouldn't be considered a championship team? I mean they did just about get beat by a winless Lawrence Co. team. Belfry is a championship team, and even though Lawrence Co. just about beat them, doesn't mean that Belfry shouldn't be considered a contender. Your statement makes no sense at all. These teams play the game for a reason. Yes, it was a good game, and SV should have won the game, but Pburg played down to their opponent. If any of you have watched P-burg this year, you would see that this was not the same Prestonsburg team. I mean this same Prestonsburg team beat Breathitt Co., and at least put up more than 13 points against Beechwood. So are you guys implying that SV has a better D than Beechwood? I think not. SV's D was good, don't get me wrong, but it was not the whole reason P-burg couldn't get anything going. They were only hurting themselves. I do have to give Valley props though, they came out and did what they had to do to ensure themselves a win. Unfortunately for them, they still ended up losing. I wish nothing but luck for Valley the rest of the season.
I would like to see this game played again with Pburg on there game just to shut all of the Valley fans up. Yes, they played hard and gave it everything they had and came up short but they are no where near the team of Pburg.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:I would like to see this game played again with Pburg on there game just to shut all of the Valley fans up. Yes, they played hard and gave it everything they had and came up short but they are no where near the team of Pburg.

Rofl Yeah i'm sure valley wishes they would play the game over to show everyone ALL MIGHTY P-Burg isent what everyone thinks , Of course P-burg won with a little help from some people anyone can win but ole well. I'm sure valley would play P-Burg Anyday of the week again
Onelittlepig Wrote:Rofl Yeah i'm sure valley wishes they would play the game over to show everyone ALL MIGHTY P-Burg isent what everyone thinks , Of course P-burg won with a little help from some people anyone can win but ole well. I'm sure valley would play P-Burg Anyday of the week again

Whats that supposed to mean?

Anyways, I firmly believe that if the two played again Prestonsburg would win by a more compfortable amount. People can say what they want, but Prestonsburg had 4 turnovers and they still won. Yes, Shelby Valley come out and played their tails off and give it 110%, but the fact of the matter is that Pburg didn't show up to play and it didn't help that Allen Craynon got hurt in the 2nd quarter either.

Jammin' Jamey said it best,

jammin' jamey Wrote:Anyone saying Prestonsburg isn't as good as advertised is only looking at the score of the game. Craynon tweeked something late in the 2nd quarter and wasn't a big factor in the 2nd half. Seth Setser repeatedly pounded the ball up the gut late in the game, including 41 yard rumbling touchdown - WOW. PB held SV to virtually no offense in the second half. PB converted "3" 4th down plays in their final drive guys - that's impressive.

Even at their worst, championship teams find a way to win, and Prestonsburg did last night. Never lost their composure. Build on this Blackcats, because the next time you face a team with good speed on both sides of the football, it could be the end of the road.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:I would like to see this game played again with Pburg on there game just to shut all of the Valley fans up. Yes, they played hard and gave it everything they had and came up short but they are no where near the team of Pburg.
They might be no where near the team Pburg is, but on Friday night, they was. Why cant that be admitted?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:They might be no where near the team Pburg is, but on Friday night, they was. Why cant that be admitted?

It may not have been admitted that way, but majority of the Pburg fans have said that Valley should have won or something similar to that.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It may not have been admitted that way, but majority of the Pburg fans have said that Valley should have won or something similar to that.

I really hope Valley pulls off the upset at Middlesboro and comes into Blackcat Stadium on the 2nd week of the playoffs. I will bet anyone on here $50 that Pburg beats Valley by atleast 2 touchdowns and controls the game.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I really hope Valley pulls off the upset at Middlesboro and comes into Blackcat Stadium on the 2nd week of the playoffs. I will bet anyone on here $50 that Pburg beats Valley by atleast 2 touchdowns and controls the game.

Hopefully this was a wake up call for the Blackcats, because they have a real dangerous team coming in Friday.
does anyone know why coach derossett has started wearing a suit and tie while coaching the football game?
big dog one Wrote:does anyone know why coach derossett has started wearing a suit and tie while coaching the football game?

I really don't know, but my guess is that it's because his mentor, Phillip Haywood wears one.

I think that they look really good on him too!
BCF4L Wrote:So you're saying that Belfry shouldn't be considered a championship team? I mean they did just about get beat by a winless Lawrence Co. team. Belfry is a championship team, and even though Lawrence Co. just about beat them, doesn't mean that Belfry shouldn't be considered a contender. Your statement makes no sense at all. These teams play the game for a reason. Yes, it was a good game, and SV should have won the game, but Pburg played down to their opponent. If any of you have watched P-burg this year, you would see that this was not the same Prestonsburg team. I mean this same Prestonsburg team beat Breathitt Co., and at least put up more than 13 points against Beechwood. So are you guys implying that SV has a better D than Beechwood? I think not. SV's D was good, don't get me wrong, but it was not the whole reason P-burg couldn't get anything going. They were only hurting themselves. I do have to give Valley props though, they came out and did what they had to do to ensure themselves a win. Unfortunately for them, they still ended up losing. I wish nothing but luck for Valley the rest of the season.

Since statements like these aren't against the rules I'll go ahead... And don't dare remove mine without removing the others.

Okay I don't what this idiot from [Pburg] keeps talking about

Smile Smile You're a [piece of crap]...
Tubby Hater Wrote:I really hope Valley pulls off the upset at Middlesboro and comes into Blackcat Stadium on the 2nd week of the playoffs. I will bet anyone on here $50 that Pburg beats Valley by atleast 2 touchdowns and controls the game.
I would bet more than $50.
Onelittlepig Wrote:Rofl Yeah i'm sure valley wishes they would play the game over to show everyone ALL MIGHTY P-Burg isent what everyone thinks , Of course P-burg won with a little help from some people anyone can win but ole well. I'm sure valley would play P-Burg Anyday of the week again
Yeah and they wouldnt want to after the 2nd time. They had no help from anyone they just made the big play when it had to be made. Like i said before Valley gave it there all and played hard and i wish them luck but this score doesnt mean anything a win is a win no matter the margin. Pburg played there worst game of the year and Valley played there best and Pburg still won. By the way who has Valley beat this year worth anything since they are so good?