Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
35.48%
Bell County Bobcats
64.52%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark vs Bell County - Oct. 17
Bell will win this one by 16. Bell has a kicker that will outscore SC.
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Big city??? Pineville?? Have you ever been to Bell County????

I meant all the people doing the rankings and people who don't think that we can win.
BB CLAW Wrote:Bell will win this one by 16. Bell has a kicker that will outscore SC.

Of course I am really hoping our boys will pull off this win, and a win is needed. Belle County is full of talent and ability, and I believe this game will be a close one. I believe the game could be a toss up, whoever comes to play to win big. I hope the game is injury free and goodluck to both teams!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about. No offense you have not played anyone for people to think that you should have already been beaten. I for one did not think that you guys would get beat until this game. That being said I wish both teams the best, but hoping the cards pull out this for you guys are the underdogs in this one. No matter what keep your heads up and leave everything on the field.

The only negative thing I have said is,walk the walk before you talk the talk.
This is the first time that I have said the Sheldon Clark would lose a game this year. Honestly Sheldon Clark has played nobody that should have beaten them. I have questioned how good they are because of the schedule to this point. There will be alot of answers to this over the next two weeks. Thats not knocking Sheldon Clark. Thats being realistic. Bell County is the first team that Sheldon Clark has played that has a winning record.
FBALL Wrote:This is the first time that I have said the Sheldon Clark would lose a game this year. Honestly Sheldon Clark has played nobody that should have beaten them. I have questioned how good they are because of the schedule to this point. There will be alot of answers to this over the next two weeks. Thats not knocking Sheldon Clark. Thats being realistic. Bell County is the first team that Sheldon Clark has played that has a winning record.

Bell has extra motivation....its homecoming!!
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Bell has extra motivation....its homecoming!!

its homecomeing up there?.. hmm that just mean that SC has motivation too lol.

like i said noone knows til it happends.
Good Luck Cards ....it Will Be A Hard Fought Battle ....should Be A Great Game.

But I Take Bell County By 1 Td
Bell takes this one
BellCoBobcat Wrote:Bell has extra motivation....its homecoming!!

Sheldon Clark has Belfry for homecoming the next week. Go figure. Ha Ha.
Bell BIG!
Learned a few things from the past few posts.

1. Bell Co. is in the big city

2. SC thinks they should be ranked higher (they are #2 in 3A right? Should they be ahead of Belfry?)

3. Finally Millertime thinks Sheldon Clark is better than Knox Central by picking the Cards to do something the Panthers can't do.

Very interesting!!!
Bell by 14
I would definitely say that Pineville is not a big city at all. Them boys up there are just as tough as us trust me!
I'm pretty sure Bells going to get all they want from the Cards. Cards won't quit and they don't expect to lose any game. As far as getting the big head before playing Belfry i dont beleive this either. Cards will come to play no matter the circumstance.
well one day left till the big game
Rain is coming down in Bell county hope the field is not too bad. I think it would really Hurt Bell more than SC b/c Bell is loaded with speed. Only 1 kid on defense runs slower than a 5.0. They also have 4 WR running in the 4.6-4.5 range.
Im taking the upset and picking the Cards in the win.
SC 22
Bell Co 20
belfry forever Wrote:EVERY game means something!
Coming home injury free is a major concern, but at this point in the season, how well you play against a team as competative (if not more) as you should be the main concern.
With Sheldon Clark's (and Belfry's) weak schedules this year, this game (and the Belfry game) will show everyone how good Sheldon Clark really is. With that being said, same goes for Belfry. The Sheldon Clark/JCHS games will be the measuring stick for us.

And...... Bell Co has a Hard Schedule????????:lmao:
sc74 Wrote:Really getting tired of everyone downing Sc each week they say the same ole same ole that Sc is going to get beat but it just keeps pushing these boys to win and I hope everyone keeps saying there gonna lose because they are gonna shock everyone this friday and next friday when they get big wins over #1 ranked bell and #1 Belfry So keep it a comming. Lets show them what were made of boys give em all they wan't.Lets show them big city people what us holler boys got:rockon:

1.Big City?!?!??! I am pretty daggone sure that Pineville and Belfry neither one would even come close to being considered the "big city".

2. I see VERY few people predicting SC to lose in any of the week's leading up to this game, in fact I have seen comments like "SC still remains untested", "Cardinals continue to roll over weak schedule".

3. 9-0, 339- 116..... that is how Sheldon Clark fared last year in every game except Belfry and Bell County, playing a similarly easy schedule. Average score = 38-13 SC

4. 0-3, 19-107..... that was SC's record and scoring difference against Bell and Belfry last year. Average score= 36-6 not in the Cards favor. Maybe that's why people continue to reitterate that they feel SC will lose to Bell and Belfry.
Jackets08 Wrote:And...... Bell Co has a Hard Schedule????????:lmao:

They have faced two quality opponents in Whitley County & Knox Central.
Jackets08 Wrote:And...... Bell Co has a Hard Schedule????????:lmao:

I didn't say anything about Bell Co's schedule...I do know this is the best team Sheldon Clark has faced so far this season....
belfry forever Wrote:I didn't say anything about Bell Co's schedule...I do know this is the best team Sheldon Clark has faced so far this season....

Well Not trying to bring this up again, but I am going to anyway. Bell county can be run against. They give up 400+ yards to JC in a scrimmage. I did say scrimmage. No matter what, no coach weather it be a scrimmage wants to have someone throw 400+ yards on them. I know the Kelly kid is a good running back, but the key is the offensive line. Bell co. IMO will be to much, can't wait to see the out come.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Well Not trying to bring this up again, but I am going to anyway. Bell county can be run against. They give up 400+ yards to JC in a scrimmage. I did say scrimmage. No matter what, no coach weather it be a scrimmage wants to have someone throw 400+ yards on them. I know the Kelly kid is a good running back, but the key is the offensive line. Bell co. IMO will be to much, can't wait to see the out come.

A bit of perspective about Bell Co. and scrimages. They used to loose to Cumberland on a yearly basis and then go the Semi's nearly everyyear. One year in particular C'land beat Bell then the next week Bell manhandled Highlands in a Bowl game, when HHS was ranked #1 going in.

Don't take too much stock in scrimages for the last time. TongueirateSho

Since that scrimage I think their is 5 people playing in different postions on defense than what they played at JCHS.
Anyone know if this game will be broadcast anywhere tonight?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Rain is coming down in Bell county hope the field is not too bad. I think it would really Hurt Bell more than SC b/c Bell is loaded with speed. Only 1 kid on defense runs slower than a 5.0. They also have 4 WR running in the 4.6-4.5 range.

The d-line runs a 40 in less than 5? If that is the case SC should over power them, because I would assume they will be smaller to be that fast. If the line does run over them, it will be hard to stop the running game.
I wish SC the best of luck... hopefully they are healthy for the rest of the season, and the same goes to Bell. That said:

Bell 34
SC 7
slingblade93 Wrote:The d-line runs a 40 in less than 5? If that is the case SC should over power them, because I would assume they will be smaller to be that fast. If the line does run over them, it will be hard to stop the running game.

It is entirely possible to have speed and size.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It is entirely possible to have speed and size.

You are correct, but I have never seen a team where the whole defense has only one player that doesn't run under a 5, come on.
I Think This Will Be One Of The Hardest Fought Games This Year .
Sc Must Step Up On Their Defense This Game And Bring It Hard .

I Will Take Bell County Though ..over Sc 24-21
slingblade93 Wrote:You are correct, but I have never seen a team where the whole defense has only one player that doesn't run under a 5, come on.

Aside from DT's it is very possible. Belfry's defense last season probably was similar, they used an undersized Phillip Hickman at DT, the only players who might not have been under the 5.0 threshold was DT Corey Coleman and NG Randy Webb, and it is pretty safe to say Sheldon Clark didn't overpower them.

Other teams I have seen in the past couple years who probably could make the same claim : 2007 Louisville Central, 2006 and 2007 Lexington Catholic, 2007 Highlands, 2006 and 2007 St. Xavier, 2006 and 2007 Trinity, 2006 Male. All of these teams listed would DEFINATELY overpower SC on any given night.