Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
14.04%
Lexington Catholic
85.96%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Lexington Catholic - Sept. 19
Panther Thunder Wrote:They by no means "handled" a Tim Honaker-less Pikeville team last year. The score was rather deceiving just by looking at it. I would agree that Prestonsburg is a much better team this year though.

I agree, the bad snap to the punter cost Pikeville at the end.
Hope Pikeville has a good showing against a Lexington team, but Lex. Cath. will be too tough to handle.

Catholic- 55
Pikeville 17
I applaud for Pikeville scheudling games like bigger schools from down state. It can only make them a better team (if they learn from the experience). I don't see the Panthers giving the Knights much of a game however. LexCath big! Good luck to both teams!
They are goin to get killed. I hope they do after they had to slotter a team like BL. I wonder if their confidence is up now?
in floyd county Wrote:They are goin to get killed. I hope they do after they had to slotter a team like BL. I wonder if their confidence is up now?

This week will be tough , 5 a Ashland thumped pikeville 47-0, they tried to correct there mistakes and moved on, they didnt cry about it, just tried to learn from it.
in floyd county Wrote:They are goin to get killed. I hope they do after they had to slotter a team like BL. I wonder if their confidence is up now?

This is by far the best misspelled word in the history of the world! I will laugh about this for a long time. It should have been "slaughter". Anyway, I hope that Pikeville has a good showing in this game. Lexington Catholic is an extremely talented football team with a lot of class. It will be a very hard task for the Panthers to go into Ford Stadium and come out with a win. Hold on to the ball Panthers and good things will happen.
hammertime Wrote:This is by far the best misspelled word in the history of the world! I will laugh about this for a long time. It should have been "slaughter". Anyway, I hope that Pikeville has a good showing in this game. Lexington Catholic is an extremely talented football team with a lot of class. It will be a very hard task for the Panthers to go into Ford Stadium and come out with a win. Hold on to the ball Panthers and good things will happen.

Well if you laugh about that for a long time, you will def. laugh about the score after Lexington Catholic gets done with Pikeville.
in floyd county Wrote:Well if you laugh about that for a long time, you will def. laugh about the score after Lexington Catholic gets done with Pikeville.

I hope Pikeville creams Lexington Cath. so you can smack yourself in the face. Smile
in floyd county Wrote:Well if you laugh about that for a long time, you will def. laugh about the score after Lexington Catholic gets done with Pikeville.

Yea, bettering yourself is sooooooo stupid.
I hope the best for Pikeville, but, LC will be way to much for the Panthers.

Lex Cath 56
Pikeville 13
Lex. Cath. can set a new record if they want to, with the most points. They can score 100 if they want to... Pikeville don't let them do that again ya'll.... Good luck and u guys will need it....
cj2561 Wrote:Lex. Cath. can set a new record if they want to, with the most points. They can score 100 if they want to... Pikeville don't let them do that again ya'll.... Good luck and u guys will need it....
Really? This coming from the team that should have only had 10 going into halftime last year? People, LexCath is a good football team. But they aren't gods.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Really? This coming from the team that should have only had 10 going into halftime last year? People, LexCath is a good football team. But they aren't gods.

It is sad to say, but Belfry is the team that could have scored 100 last year on Pikeville. LexCath will score about 49 and Pikeville 14-21.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Really? This coming from the team that should have only had 10 going into halftime last year? People, LexCath is a good football team. But they aren't gods.

Pikeville lost an awful lot from that team last season as probably did Lex Cath...but they are a private school and constantly reload. I look for Catholic to take this game fairly easy because of Pikeville's line situation but won't be a blowout since the Knights will call the dogs off.
The Ville Wrote:They were referring to the votes, HAIL PIKEVILLE voted for Pikeville
I cant believe ANYONE would be shocked at that LOL!
OOOOOO snappy comeback. Did you hurt yourself comin up with that one?
PC_You_Know Wrote:HAIL PIKEVILLE!, I'd feel ashamed if I were you, you may be loyal, but don't be silly and pick Pikeville to win.
Im not ashamed at all. If me picking my Alma Mater bothers You this bad maybe you should seek some help? Ill never pick against my Panthers I dont care if there playin Trinity. GOOOO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If...Then Wrote:after this game, Belfry and Prestonsburg will be their only competition left. IMO they might can pull of Pburg but will have to work hard for Belfry

I must say I think Paintsville will be some good competition for them this year. They are a solid team with a great system under way. Should be an exciting game to watch. I think people are underestimating the tigers this year, but that's a good thing for them. It is easier to be the underdog and make an upset than to be the one who is usually at the top.
tigerfan13 Wrote:I must say I think Paintsville will be some good competition for them this year. They are a solid team with a great system under way. Should be an exciting game to watch. I think people are underestimating the tigers this year, but that's a good thing for them. It is easier to be the underdog and make an upset than to be the one who is usually at the top.

uhm, did i mention Paintsville in a Pikeville/Lexington Cath. thread?

i know your new here but if you didnt read the rules, keep your posts on topic please
This should be an interesting game....LC is not as good as they were last season due to losing a bunch of seniors. I still think they are heavy favorites to win this game though.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im not ashamed at all. If me picking my Alma Mater bothers You this bad maybe you should seek some help? Ill never pick against my Panthers I dont care if there playin Trinity. GOOOO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me neither.. once a family.. always a family

Panthers are gonna surprise alot of people! You guys are jus blowing wind. you dont know whats gonna happen! Cool
FBALL Wrote:If Ashland spanked them 47-0, I hate to see what the knights do to them.

I agree. It will get ugly early for the Panthers.

Catholic- 56
Pikeville-18
I hope LC leaves their starters in till 2 minutes to go so p-ville can get a taste of their own medicine
Catholic scores early and often
thewarmachine Wrote:I hope LC leaves their starters in till 2 minutes to go so p-ville can get a taste of their own medicine

I hope they leave their starters in the entire game. I think it's a slap in the face when teams pull their starters. But some varsity teams would prefer playing against JV or freshmen, rather than varsity players.
I'm gonna have to go with LC in this one by as much as they want.
Lexington-62
Pikeville- 13