Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. Lexington Catholic - Sept. 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
September 19th

After what happened last year i dont know what the panthers are going to do. Copley better practice HARD this week if he wants to stay consistent with Lexington Cath.

Pikeville: 7
Lexington Cath: 52

GO PANTHERS!
If Ashland spanked them 47-0, I hate to see what the knights do to them.
pikeville had better start getting their offense more balanced. they need to run some misdirection plays and some motion to keep the other team honest and not just let them key on harmon. they need quiick short passes, end arounds, and screen to other backs beside harmon. the fullback screen would be open a lot of the time with teams keying on harmon. just a thought.
I admire Pikeville for playing a tough non-district schedule, but they are in way over their head in this one...
Lc60 Pikeville6
Catholic big in this one. then after this defeat Pikeville gets to beat up on the local small schools to run out the schedule.
after this game, Belfry and Prestonsburg will be their only competition left. IMO they might can pull of Pburg but will have to work hard for Belfry
LC 56
Pikeville 7
Agree with earlier comments concerning the Belfry and Prestonburg games. Was looking at the district play. Scores like the Betsy Layne game will be common.
This one will get ugly.
Lexington Catholic names the score.
I hate to say this, but LC will win this one.
To keep things respectable Pikeville needs to make first downs, the line must hold off some pressure, and limit and force turnovers. Lexington Catholic didn't come into W.C. Hambley last year and physically overpower Pikeville, but last years line, so far, has out preformed this years'.
HAIL PIKEVILLE!, I'd feel ashamed if I were you, you may be loyal, but don't be silly and pick Pikeville to win.
Tim was getting pressure last year the whole game, soon as the ball was snapped, They better get the long snapp fixed this week( punt team will be used alot in my opinion)
I'll take Catholic big after their embarrassing loss to St. Xavier.
Pikeville will get embarrassed after embarrassing Betsy Layne, Catholic by what ever they want. Pikeville doesn't score on their starters!!
LC by a lot but good luck Pikeville
PC_You_Know Wrote:HAIL PIKEVILLE!, I'd feel ashamed if I were you, you may be loyal, but don't be silly and pick Pikeville to win.

i see no post by HAIL PIKEVILLE?
Go Pikeville!

LC-63
Pikeville-12
Going to be ugly for the Panthers...
Lc by as many as thay want.
This will get ugly. Lexington Catholic wins this game easy.
If...Then Wrote:after this game, Belfry and Prestonsburg will be their only competition left. IMO they might can pull of Pburg but will have to work hard for Belfry

Prestonsburg will spank Pville as will LC and Belfry. Pburg handled Pville last year and this years Pburg team in my opinion is better with Burchett at the helm.
Pikeville isnt gonna let them walk away with a Win.. there gonna have to fight for it.

Pikeville will surprise alot of people with this game..

I wouldnt be posting scores just yet!
If...Then Wrote:i see no post by HAIL PIKEVILLE?

They were referring to the votes, HAIL PIKEVILLE voted for Pikeville
I would go with Catholic on this one.
Pikeville will have to finally play a decent game in order to play with LexCath. I don't think this team has played near as good as what the can. I think some haters and non-haters are going to be suprised by this team before it's all said and done.
LC-60
Pikeville-7
Tubby Hater Wrote:Prestonsburg will spank Pville as will LC and Belfry. Pburg handled Pville last year and this years Pburg team in my opinion is better with Burchett at the helm.
They by no means "handled" a Tim Honaker-less Pikeville team last year. The score was rather deceiving just by looking at it. I would agree that Prestonsburg is a much better team this year though.
LC - 68
Ville - 0
Pages: 1 2