Poll: Who Wins?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County
39.22%
Breathitt County
60.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County vs. Breathitt County - Sept. 19
MR. NOBODY Wrote:If im not mistaken or if it makes a difference Powell only got 14 on Estills D. 7 was on a kickoff return and the other 7 was a fumble in the last 15 seconds on the JV.
Powell scored 21 on the starters from Estill. That's not the point though. Isn't the KO return team the starters every game? The special teams can be one of the most important parts of the game. So, Powell scored 21 on Estill's starters. Also, it was an INT. The ball never hit the ground. It was pitched straight up in the air and Fr. J Conner caught it and returned it for a 78 yd INT return TD. I actually told our stat guy it was a fumble but after I saw the film...It was an INT.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I hope you are right and this is a good game, but in the past few years the Estill team has been over-hyped and the game is out of hand by halftime.

They still are OVERHYPED.Just like last year.
cj2561 Wrote:Estill will win this game. Breathitt QB have a bad leg last week game, but they still play him. Estill hit the QB in the leg, and they will know what one by the tape he will have on.... Good luck to both teams.

Estill loves to chopblock around the knees but they will get it back X10 if they start that crap at Breathitt.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Nah, just liking the match-up.....Breahtitt may not be the favorite in 3A, but they are not the worst team either and should at least be competitive in the playoffs. I have realistic expectations for the team, I do not think they are the best, nor the worst team....

I feel really good.We played like crap against P-Burg.We should have beaten them badly.
Leonardo Wrote:Estill will win this one easily 46-6.

Estill couldn't beat our JV team with their varsity.Give it a rest.
estill fan Wrote:I hope Tyler is back this week. I think he will make a difference.

I hope he is so you won't have any excuses.
NIECE Wrote:If Estill don't impress you this year, who does? If and I quote "IF" Estill can stop the pass they can pull the upset. Breathitt has hurt them bad the last couple of years with the pass. Estill's offense is a different animal this year. They are big, strong, and fast everywhere. The game will be decided defensively, which Estill has improved tremendously. The teams who have beat Breathitt are running teams, and Estill runs the ball as good as anyone in 3A. Good test for Estill, this game could decide the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Estill's offense is the same animal as last year.No different.You may break ONE TD off.ONE only.
estill fan Wrote:Estill doesn't play dirty like that. I know teams that do, but not Estill.

Watch the Powell film.DIRTY.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I hope he is so you won't have any excuses.

Wow! You See REALLY! Defensive...
blitz43 Wrote:Powell scored 21 on the starters from Estill. That's not the point though. Isn't the KO return team the starters every game? The special teams can be one of the most important parts of the game. So, Powell scored 21 on Estill's starters. Also, it was an INT. The ball never hit the ground. It was pitched straight up in the air and Fr. J Conner caught it and returned it for a 78 yd INT return TD. I actually told our stat guy it was a fumble but after I saw the film...It was an INT.

I was talking about the D giving up 14 if you read it says 7 was on kickoff return and the other 7 was on JV. I never said anything about starters.
Breathitt Bobcat I think you need a hug sound like you have anger issues.:praise:
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Watch the Powell film.DIRTY.

I thought it was about 98% clean. They trew a couple of punches on Rose's KO return TD that got called back. Other than that, it was pretty clean. One time, Benedict could have really slammed one of our players out of bounds but he held up and even gave him a little pat after the play was over.
TongueirateSho
If Estill plays the game that they can, Estill will win this game. They are a very tough team to beat. This year, they are the team to beat.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:I was talking about the D giving up 14 if you read it says 7 was on kickoff return and the other 7 was on JV. I never said anything about starters.
Well then, the KO team is nothing but "D". They have to stop us from scoring. We returned 2 on them with Rose's being called back.
Estill 18
Breathitt 32

Best of luck to both teams.
blitz43 Wrote:Well then, the KO team is nothing but "D". They have to stop us from scoring. We returned 2 on them with Rose's being called back.

It is D but it is special teams which does not mean starting D. Usually that is where most starters get a breather (special teams). I was specifying THE DEFENSE in the other post but since you know everything no need to explain.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:It is D but it is special teams which does not mean starting D. Usually that is where most starters get a breather (special teams). I was specifying THE DEFENSE in the other post but since you know everything no need to explain.
I don't know everything. I'm not sure how to explain why gas prices are so high.
Cool
blitz43 Wrote:I don't know everything. I'm not sure how to explain why gas prices are so high.
Cool

I can explain that. Its called price gouging and money hungry.:Thumbs:
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:They still are OVERHYPED.Just like last year.

Breathitt is the one thats over hyped especially last year. Each time you lost this year you all made excuses. Reality, just karma is B***h! They beat us twice but got stomped by Belfry. we never made an excuse you all out played us.When it came to playing Belfry... you never even made it a game. Then the show your coach put on by going on the field, that was great and showed sportsmanship. The difference in this year and last year is your team is turmoil. You all play with players that are from other counties. Some of your coaches don't get along and there is jealously among the players. Bottom line is this...If we don't get ya I promise ya Harlan County will!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fedup:
If Estill can stop the pass....They win this year. If not this year, it will be a while.
Neersfan Wrote:Breathitt is the one thats over hyped especially last year. Each time you lost this year you all made excuses. Reality, just karma is B***h! They beat us twice but got stomped by Belfry. we never made an excuse you all out played us.When it came to playing Belfry... you never even made it a game. Then the show your coach put on by going on the field, that was great and showed sportsmanship. The difference in this year and last year is your team is turmoil. You all play with players that are from other counties. Some of your coaches don't get along and there is jealously among the players. Bottom line is this...If we don't get ya I promise ya Harlan County will!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fedup:

Who said the team was in turmoil and that coaches didn't get along. If I remember correctly Breathitt made it a game in the first half against Belfry. Then Belfry just steam rolled Breathitt and cruised to an easy victory. Holcomb accepted the trophy for the team because the boys just wanted to get out of there. The thing is at Breathitt, they don't celebrate just getting there. Breathitt expects to win every game they play. That is why they have three state championships. Who knows what's going to happen on the football field on Fridays. There is a possibility that either school will win. My prediction is that Breathitt will win, but i have been wrong before. BTW I would venture to say that almost every team has kids playing for them that at one point or another came from another county. Even Belfry has played kids that didn't come from Belfry, but if the KHSAA says they are eligible then it's all legal. Breathitt built their program from the ground up, as did Belfry.
I say the Engineers win this one by 3.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Neersfan Wrote:Breathitt is the one thats over hyped especially last year. Each time you lost this year you all made excuses. Reality, just karma is B***h! They beat us twice but got stomped by Belfry. we never made an excuse you all out played us.When it came to playing Belfry... you never even made it a game. Then the show your coach put on by going on the field, that was great and showed sportsmanship. The difference in this year and last year is your team is turmoil. You all play with players that are from other counties. Some of your coaches don't get along and there is jealously among the players. Bottom line is this...If we don't get ya I promise ya Harlan County will!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fedup:

breathitt was over hyped last year??? just put it this way, if breathitt is as good or better than they was last year, estill county doesnt have a snowballs chance in heck at this game and should start preparing for next weeks game
russellfan51 Wrote:breathitt was over hyped last year??? just put it this way, if breathitt is as good or better than they was last year, estill county doesnt have a snowballs chance in heck at this game and should start preparing for next weeks game

Good Post. Belfry was just that much better than everybody in Eastern KY was last year. I do believe that Breathitt is better overall than they were last year because their defense is better. Their offense is starting to come together and is improving greatly each game.
lol man all this talk going on should have both teams ready to go for friday night. should be an interesting game to watch. if estill keeps the running game strong and can shut down the bobcats passing game then i will say estill in this one by less than a td.
The College One Wrote:lol man all this talk going on should have both teams ready to go for friday night. should be an interesting game to watch. if estill keeps the running game strong and can shut down the bobcats passing game then i will say estill in this one by less than a td.

I think Breathitt Co. runs the ball more then they pass it.i could be wrong. if i am then somebody correct me.
You are probably right DaBears. I totally forgot about #28 lol. And the Qb i heard was an athelete as well who can run and throw the ball.
Breathitt Co.
ballcrazy Wrote:Breathitt Co.

Yep, In the past they threw the ball alot,but now they run a lil more then pass.they run alot of screens.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I hope he is so you won't have any excuses.

I don't believe Estill was making any excuses.