Poll: Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville (29-3)
70.41%
Jeffersontown (26-5)
29.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeffersontown vs. Paintsville - March 19 (State Tournament)
RavenBoy Wrote:You did. About city boys

"He's been playin against guys from down state in various tourneys his whole career and held his own. There is a reason Mike Fields picked him as one of five guards across the entire state he could win a state championship with. He has seen Landon play against Lex Cath, UHA, Bardstown etc. Fields is a very respected sports writer and has been around long enough to know talent when he see's it."

Don't see anything about me sayin Landon was better than Hopson anywhere, do you.
Is Paintsville High School selling tickets to the game?
well I dont see Paintsville winning this game but according to some people on this site, If Slone goes to UK they will be a final four team.
RavenBoy Wrote:well I dont see Paintsville winning this game but according to some people on this site, If Slone goes to UK they will be a final four team.

Nobody has ever said that on here in any thread.
Redneck Wrote:Nobody has ever said that on here in any thread.
No one said anything about Hopson but you.
I agree with who said it above.... any body BUT PVille...personally I think that a lot of little boys from those big old AA and AAA schools got their little feelings hurt when mean Paintsville took the district and the region. .... I know that the boys know it wont come easy, but I think saying they dont have a chance at all is really showing your sour grapes... my guess is PVille but in a close one 5 or less
RavenBoy Wrote:No one said anything about Hopson but you.

Someone mentioned that they haven't played anybody and that each team has two to three players better than Slone. However, Slone put up 20+pts. while playing UHA and their prized pony Hopson who is one of the most sought after recruits in the nation righ tnow after backing out of the verbal with Miss. State.
RavenBoy Wrote:No one said anything about Hopson but you.

Actually somebody in the College forum said if UK gets Hopson, they would be a Final Four team. That's what I was referrin to. And you were the one who brought Hopson into this thread, not me.
Paintsville.....Slone must step up and take control of this game early...
Hopson was NOT impressive to me. Doesn't handle the ball well enough to play guard in the SEC. I didn't think he shot it that well from outside either. He is not physical enought to play inside in the SEC either. For heaven sake Grimm ate him 'alive' down low. And as so many experts on here love to say Paintsville has no D1 players. LOL
Last time I checked Scotty Hopson didn't play for Paintsville or Jeffersontown so lets get this back on-topic!
If any of you have ever read any of my posts, you would know that I'm NOT a Paintsville fan, but I really wish them the best of luck and hope they represent the 15th region well. Good luck Tigers!!! And I am so happy for BMR....what a way to finish an amazing career.
I just think it's hilarious that half of the people of here claiming Paintsville will get killed by J-town are the same ones that predicted they would lose to SV. So by that I'm just not going to go much on what they say.
J-town by 18.
Hope that Paintsville has good support down at Rupp. I know that they will play well.
However, I will still say that it will be J-Town by 5-10.
I never said J-Town were a halfcourt team, I said they could outrun Paintsville or they could outplay them in a halfcourt game. Either way J-Town has the advantage in basically everything but coaching. I'm not a Paintsville hater by any means, I hope they do win. But I'm going to talk logically when it comes to basketball. When SV played J-Town, they played them to a 5 point game, if they had played that game 9 more times then J-Town would have won by double digits everytime.

Valley got close one time, they wouldn't have any other time. Paintsville has a chance to play them close, but if you wanna predict this game with your brain and not your heart, then Jeffersontown will win by double digits and quite easily, unless its that one game where the other team stays close enough to have a chance.

I wish it was the one time, but in all likeliness it wont be. J-town's guards are way better than anyone in the region, far better than Paintsville's. There better everywhere on the court and any way you look at it. Zone them, they'll kill you with the three, play man up and no one can guard straight up with them on Paintsville's team. It's just simple basketball knowledge. The better team should be the favorite, J-Town is a vastly better and more talented team.

I hope the Tigers win, because i'm from the mountains, but I'm not gonna come on here and predict something that in most likeliness won't happen. Just the way it goes.
Highlights of J'town during there 7th region final against Eastern...

http://wlky.highschoolplaybook.com/media...5fbdf45ac9

[url=http://wlky.highschoolplaybook.com/media/SearchMedia.do][/url]
FloridaFan Wrote:I never said J-Town were a halfcourt team, I said they could outrun Paintsville or they could outplay them in a halfcourt game. Either way J-Town has the advantage in basically everything but coaching. I'm not a Paintsville hater by any means, I hope they do win. But I'm going to talk logically when it comes to basketball. When SV played J-Town, they played them to a 5 point game, if they had played that game 9 more times then J-Town would have won by double digits everytime.

Valley got close one time, they wouldn't have any other time. Paintsville has a chance to play them close, but if you wanna predict this game with your brain and not your heart, then Jeffersontown will win by double digits and quite easily, unless its that one game where the other team stays close enough to have a chance.

I wish it was the one time, but in all likeliness it wont be. J-town's guards are way better than anyone in the region, far better than Paintsville's. There better everywhere on the court and any way you look at it. Zone them, they'll kill you with the three, play man up and no one can guard straight up with them on Paintsville's team. It's just simple basketball knowledge. The better team should be the favorite, J-Town is a vastly better and more talented team.

I hope the Tigers win, because i'm from the mountains, but I'm not gonna come on here and predict something that in most likeliness won't happen. Just the way it goes.
I am not saying are wrong or anything, but could you let us know how many times this year you saw Jtown and against who?
I can tell you this, Good Louisville teams are easier to upset than good Lex teams. It comes down to coaching and execution.
blackcat_student Wrote:Highlights of J'town during there 7th region final against Eastern...

http://wlky.highschoolplaybook.com/media...5fbdf45ac9
Didn't impress me, did it you?
The Guru Wrote:Didn't impress me, did it you?

No me either. Personally just my opinion, they are not as good as what I originally thought. If you don't think Paintsville can match up with this team your crazy. I think they will match up with them better than SV would. I sure didn't see anyone that's gonna be able to handle Grimm either.
How is Paintsville up by 20 in the vote? They're going to get beat by alot. Hopefully not though...

Jeffersontown 83
Paintsville 67
kidatheart Wrote:Why can't we just be proud of the Tigers. They are going to Rupp and representing this area. No matter what school you are cheering for at least give the Tigers a fighting chance. This team has played their hearts out this season.

Great post for your first one. Every one in the 15th Region should be for the Tigers. You should hope they win so that you can say you got beat by the state champ!
slingblade93 Wrote:Great post for your first one. Every one in the 15th Region should be for the Tigers. You should hope they win so that you can say you got beat by the state champ!

Oh ****, we would have to play Lex Cath in the 2nd round wouldn't we Sad
Redneck Wrote:Oh ****, we would have to play Lex Cath in the 2nd round wouldn't we Sad

No, most likely Holmes. Then if they make it to Saturday morning they would play LexCath. Definately not a favorable draw for the 15th. I have seen JTown play several times when I lived in Louisville. Yeah SV got beat by them in Jtown's own Tourney, but Valley got hosed pretty badly down the stretch or they could've won by about 7-10 points. Paintsville just needs to play their game. If they start off shooting the ball well, boxing out on the boards, and not allow wide open looks when someone cuts to the basket then they will be fine. If they come down to Lexington and lay an egg the first 8 minutes like they did against JC then it will be over quickly. Forget the hoop-lah surrounding the tourney and trust in one another. BMR has been there before and he will know how to get his kids ready for this. Best of luck Tigers. Paintsville by 4.
DALE Wrote:No, most likely Holmes. Then if they make it to Saturday morning they would play LexCath. Definately not a favorable draw for the 15th. I have seen JTown play several times when I lived in Louisville. Yeah SV got beat by them in Jtown's own Tourney, but Valley got hosed pretty badly down the stretch or they could've won by about 7-10 points. Paintsville just needs to play their game. If they start off shooting the ball well, boxing out on the boards, and not allow wide open looks when someone cuts to the basket then they will be fine. If they come down to Lexington and lay an egg the first 8 minutes like they did against JC then it will be over quickly. Forget the hoop-lah surrounding the tourney and trust in one another. BMR has been there before and he will know how to get his kids ready for this. Best of luck Tigers. Paintsville by 4.

Good post, and best of all it comes from a JC fan.
DALE Wrote:No, most likely Holmes. Then if they make it to Saturday morning they would play LexCath. Definately not a favorable draw for the 15th. I have seen JTown play several times when I lived in Louisville. Yeah SV got beat by them in Jtown's own Tourney, but Valley got hosed pretty badly down the stretch or they could've won by about 7-10 points. Paintsville just needs to play their game. If they start off shooting the ball well, boxing out on the boards, and not allow wide open looks when someone cuts to the basket then they will be fine. If they come down to Lexington and lay an egg the first 8 minutes like they did against JC then it will be over quickly. Forget the hoop-lah surrounding the tourney and trust in one another. BMR has been there before and he will know how to get his kids ready for this. Best of luck Tigers. Paintsville by 4.

Gettin kinda eerie!!!
I remember one year that Paintsville had played Lex Cath during the season and lost by 18. Then had to play them on Sat morn. of the sweet 16 and we all know the rest of the story!
this year, Paintsville played Lex Cath @ Lex Cath and got beat by 18...Now a chance to play them again on Sat morning of the sweet 16.
A-TRAIN Wrote:Landon Slone is gonna have to have a Bo Roaden type performance for Paintsville to win, anyone else here remember Roaden from Corbin and the show he put on in the Sweet 16?

I remember Bo. played against him in college.

Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:Didn't impress me, did it you?

I watched a few more videos on them and they didn't really impress me at all. They do look athletic and I like the quick release on #4, but I believe that Paintsville is the better team, especially if there hitting.
Redneck Wrote:Oh ****, we would have to play Lex Cath in the 2nd round wouldn't we Sad
Ya gotta play em sometime, iffin you're goin to win it all.

TO's from the guards will be the key or downfall of Paintsville and 1 of the guards (no names) will have to play under control. If he doesn't, it'll be lights out and in a hurry.
I watched that one highlight some1 posted. Seems liek they can shoot and liek to run. I dont know much about Jtown but i know that Tigers like to run and should be able to play with them. I beleive the Tigers are going to go down there and play hard and hopefuly be there on saturdaymorning and payback Lex. Cath. Best of luck to the Tigers and hopefuly bring some hardwear back to the MOUNTAINS!!!!!.

TIGERS BY 5. its going to be back and forth battle.