Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeffersontown vs. Paintsville - March 19 (State Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
@ 6:30
I think the Tigers will pull this one out. Paintsville by 4
I dont know, I hope tigers does but I dont know. I know this, if Slone wants to get some good D1 school looking at him he better win this game and make it to the finals.
The Tigers got a chance......GO TIGERS!
I think BMR will have his team ready to go and come out and put a hurting on J-town due to J-town not giving much respect to Paintsville. Landon on a game winning shot 70-69
Ill take Paintsville in a come from behind win.
sad but true fact, the 15th region loses in the first round every year (except for Painstville with Vanhoose, Ratliff, Tackett), can't handle the pressure, no depth for the Tigers, playing against a quicker team, foul trouble will be the factor, j-town by 15

Look at Valley last year, SF, Valley, Valley, they all lose in the 1st round, Valley was actually favored to win the game last year agaist Elliott Co,

Lexington Catholic/Holmes vs Mason Co for the state championship,

"Write 'er down Ira"
Jeffersontown
I hope Paintsville win but I just dont see it happening.
Landon Slone is gonna have to have a Bo Roaden type performance for Paintsville to win, anyone else here remember Roaden from Corbin and the show he put on in the Sweet 16?
A-TRAIN Wrote:sad but true fact, the 15th region loses in the first round every year (except for Painstville with Vanhoose, Ratliff, Tackett), can't handle the pressure, no depth for the Tigers, playing against a quicker team, foul trouble will be the factor, j-town by 15

Look at Valley last year, SF, Valley, Valley, they all lose in the 1st round, Valley was actually favored to win the game last year agaist Elliott Co,

Lexington Catholic/Holmes vs Mason Co for the state championship,

"Write 'er down Ira"

You neglected to mention the 2000 Johnson Central team (with Tommy Mckenzie, Clint Hackney, Mitchell Coleman, etc.) that made it to the second round after beating Hopkins Co., only to be defeated by eventual state champs Elizabethtown. Wink
OMG Wrote:I think BMR will have his team ready to go and come out and put a hurting on J-town due to J-town not giving much respect to Paintsville. Landon on a game winning shot 70-69
How do you know that they arent giving them any respect ?
I look for the Tigers to come out on top. This is what they have been waiting for their whole career. Tigers in a close one. But, they better be ready.
I think Paintsville needs to stay away from the fouls 90 feet from the basket, Slone needs to play, but specifically score like he knows how to, Bundy needs to take control of the basketball no silly no-look while jumping passes, turned into turnovers, Grimm, Vanhoose, Murray and Pack play your contributing roles and they have a good chance in this one.
The Tigers have got to stay out of foul trouble if they want to win. They only go 1 & 2 deep with Pack & #1, and that really hurts them. If J'Town has a big guy down low then that will cause Paintsville alot of trouble also as they struggle guarding big men down low. But I'm going to take the Tigers in this one just because I have that hunch that they are going to win. Gonna take the Tigers by 4.

GO TIGERS!
JTown.. But go pville
Paintsville has no depth to run with J-town. Paintsville likes to run it and J-town can do that or slow it down to a half court game, they are solid, just like every year. Paintsville, I'll be supporting you, but I think BMR is one and done this year.
IM taking Paintsville by 6, seams to me like when Paintsville gets here they always get to the final four, and sometimes the finals with BMR.
Never say Never...I think once Landon steps on Rupps floor that all its going to take...and the huge scoring Lando the commando will return once again ...to save the day!!!
Paintsville has what it takes to make final four..but its not going to be easy!!!
In the years leading up to and after the 96 win..people overlooked The Ville.....and look what happened..

and by the way isn't this the year of the Tiger in chinese culture?????

GO TIGERSCool
No chance for Paintsville. The mountain teams just can't compete with the athleticism of the other regions. It's the same story every year. The 15th is always at the bottom. Jeffersontown by 15-20.
Don't count BMR out just yet people this team has been waiting 4 years for this and now they are there. I am going to take Paintsville by 4. It will be hard for Grimm to get things going I am afraid this one will have to be won by the guard play.
Paintsville and Valley proved to me last night that both teams were no better than equal to each other. So seeing that Valley lost to J-Town by 5 points early in the year, and being the game that Taylor Newsome was injured in, I will say that J-Town will beat Paintsville by 5-10 points. Great run to Rupp by the Tigers.
I seriously can't believe that anyone thinks that Paintsville has a chance of reaching the final four.
Lawrence Wrote:No chance for Paintsville. The mountain teams just can't compete with the athleticism of the other regions. It's the same story every year. The 15th is always at the bottom. Jeffersontown by 15-20.

Are you serious?? If so how come Paintsville stayed at state for like three years in the late 90's and brought home a State title???
Also our 15th Region is loaded with talent and ability....the Lexington area schools just have deeper benches..plus half of them recruit!!!!
Its not the size of the dog in the fight..but rather the fight in the dog!!!

Paintsville can and will make it past J-town!!!:Cheerlead
I'm going with Paintsville in a close one! However, it will take a better performance than what we seen in the Regional! If the Tigers play like they did against Bardstown or like they did most of the game against UHA, or some of their other better performances, and if they stay out of foul trouble as they did in those games, then they can win it!! But if they play one of their more mediocre type games as they have this year, then they will be coming home early! They can do it, so it is up to them to get it done if they want to advance! Good luck Tigers!!
Lawrence Wrote:I seriously can't believe that anyone thinks that Paintsville has a chance of reaching the final four.

Only Paintsville faithful, but I don't blame them, it's their team and they finally got to state.
KRC Wrote:Are you serious?? If so how come Paintsville stayed at state for like three years in the late 90's and brought home a State title???
Also our 15th Region is loaded with talent and ability....the Lexington area schools just have deeper benches..plus half of them recruit!!!!

I bet you wouldn't put $100 on it.
Lawrence Wrote:I seriously can't believe that anyone thinks that Paintsville has a chance of reaching the final four.

Nothing is impossible, but I agree with you there. But this thread is about J-town and there is no need getting off topic because of an over-zealous poster! lol
PC_You_Know Wrote:I bet you wouldn't put $100 on it.

I wouldn't! But would you that they won't??
KRC Wrote:Are you serious?? If so how come Paintsville stayed at state for like three years in the late 90's and brought home a State title???

:thatsfunn Haha, okay. If you say so. Just so you know, this isn't the late 90s. Some things have changed since then.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6