Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
15.56%
Paintsville Tigers
84.44%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. Johnson Central -- 15th Region Finals
Paintsville give it all they had tonight so I think they may play a sloppy game but will come alive in the second half... Tigers by 15+!
PHS Watergirl Wrote:Excuse me...I can honestly say yes I SAW the cheering. I did not say that all of them were there.... but I know who they are and I know What I saw... along with about six other people. Bias.....Please, yes I am The Bluest of the Bluest, but I know right from wrong and good from bad.
Dang, dont take it so personal. I asked a question. A plain yes woulda done the job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Dang, dont take it so personal. I asked a question. A plain yes woulda done the job.
yes
PHS Watergirl Wrote:yes
Gotcha. :thumpsup:
Dont wanna anyone to be all sour over any of this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just on talent and determination alone the Tigers should win by 10. But a lot will depend on how they rebound from the SV game! A game like that takes a lot out of a team. But I'm sure that after finally getting past SV, the Tigers aren't going to let JC stand in their way to Rupp! I say a 4th straight victory for the Tigers in the rivalry this season!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well Pikeville was there cheering for Paintsville, so I guess it goes both ways.

Well I agree with you on that one PC_You_Know!Big Grin
Ring'Em Up Wrote:A group? Wrong.
There is a difference in a coach and someone wearing black and gold. Actually, there were 2 in my row, 2 standing beside Paintsville's pep section, and a couple down where you are referring to. But, anyway, can you honestly say you saw them "cheering?" As in hooping and yelling for Valley, or jus saw their reactions to the game, and automatically assumed they were cheering, due to your obvious bias.
I can almost promise you, they would much rather see Paintsville again, than have faced Valley.

I saw many, many fans: based on the fact they live in Johnson County, wearing Black and Gold ( the two colors of JCHS) cheering for Shelby Valley. Not to mention the amount of students (that I am sure was told) to stay in Shelby Valley's pep section after the first game. It's pretty **** sad no matter who you are or how you look at at it.Rolleyes
Watchful Eye Wrote:I saw many, many fans: based on the fact they live in Johnson County, wearing Black and Gold ( the two colors of JCHS) cheering for Shelby Valley. Not to mention the amount of students (that I am sure was told) to stay in Shelby Valley's pep section after the first game. It's pretty **** sad no matter who you are or how you look at at it.Rolleyes

Why do you keep going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on ,and on, and on, and then on again some more, about this crap all of the time? The fact is you are probably the very worst instigator of all the instigators of bringing up an alleged hate group conspiracy and try to make some sort of HEADLINE NEWS with it every time the words Johnson Central and Paintsville happen to be mentioned together in the same paragraph............. Your whole life seems to be totaly obsessed (or perturbed) to constantly bring up a hatred (that in my opinion is only imagined to begin with). You yourself, have said 1,000 times how you wish that parents would be more like this kids. How about you initiate the procedure? There is nobody that contains a hatred (on either side) nearly as badly as you want to constantly portrait there as being. Except maybe, the one as obvious as the one you display yourself.

Man (or lady), give us all a break, grow up, and give it a rest!!!!!Rolleyes

The balls in your court now, how about you make the first step in changing the world. You initiate the process of bringing peace and harmony to us all. I think the first and most vital start would be to just hush up on this junk for awhile.

:mad:
The Joker Wrote:If PHS wins tomorrow Shane Grimm should be the 15th Region Tournament MVP because he has carried the Tigers on his back and is the reason the Tigers won tonight.

Shane Grimm should the 15th region player of the year IMO. Slone has had a really good year but without Grimm's level of performance this year Paintsville wouldn't have been nearly as good.
I remember a couple of years ago when JC's football team was playing Cov. Cath. to go to the State Champonship game there were Paintsville fans pulling against us. They were on the hill across from the stadium setting off fireworks when Cov. Cath scored. Don't make it sound like all the JC fans are just aweful because a couple were cheering against Paintsville.

I would take that as a compliment! They were probably thinking we had a better chance of beating SV.

I'm glad its an all Johnson County final and I think JC will come to play.
This has been a great rivalry for many years! You can usually toss the records aside for these matchups. What are some of the most memorable JC/PHS battles in this series?
I agree with you on that Grimm should be 15th Region player of the year!!! Grimm plays with heart and does an excellent job when he is on the court...That boy gives 200% everytime he walk on the floor!!

Also I think Murray should take Bundy's place...and Pack should start over Bundy as well??? What does anyone else think?? I just feel that Bundy is too much of a SHOW player...he wants to make only the SHOW passes and shots...he does not play solid...But he is a good kid..and does a good job when he is on..and they all seem to respond well to him!!

Anyways I predict Paintsville by 12 points.....GO TIGERS:Cheerlead
kyrifle Wrote:Shane Grimm should the 15th region player of the year IMO. Slone has had a really good year but without Grimm's level of performance this year Paintsville wouldn't have been nearly as good.

I agree Grimm had an outstanding season and an outstanding post season, but Landon is still the man. He averaged 25 a game I think, and I still think he should be player of year in the 15th, but there are alot of playes in the 15th that had great seasons this year.
I agree that Shane has taken this Tiger team upon his very capable shoulders this year and has always seemed to be there whenever times looked bleak! I am proud of the team this year & if you have noticed I am not one to "toot" just one player's "horn" very often... because I firmly believe that no one player "makes" the team or "hurts" the team. When you win & are as successful as this team, it has to be a group effort.
However, SA, I believe that the passes you are referring to are just the way BB plays and actually they have become quite ordinary by now to him and to his team mates... of course they might be "big time" to you... but maybe if you practice every waking minute of your day for like (15) years, you won't be as "bowled over" by them. Granted, he may get a "shade farred up" every now & then, but it's nothing that warrants a ridiculous suggestion such as changing the recipe @ this point in time.
GO T-I-G-E-R-S!!!
Landon is an OUTSTANDING player.... I just think that Shane has just become A TEAM PLAYER.... and knows how to get things done!!!
Maybe they will give it to both of them..Not likely but a good suggestion!!

I just wish tonight they would try Murray / Pack instead of Bundy / Murray???

Pack is the most unappreciated player IMO...he does excellent when he come off the bench!!!
SecretAgent Wrote:I agree with you on that Grimm should be 15th Region player of the year!!! Grimm plays with heart and does an excellent job when he is on the court...That boy gives 200% everytime he walk on the floor!!

Also I think Murray should take Bundy's place...and Pack should start over Bundy as well??? What does anyone else think?? I just feel that Bundy is too much of a SHOW player...he wants to make only the SHOW passes and shots...he does not play solid...But he is a good kid..and does a good job when he is on..and they all seem to respond well to him!!

I sure hope Bill Mike sees your post before tonights game. What he done so far this year has not been working.:ChairHit:
well Paintsville is still GOOD not matter what...They have WAY TOO MUCH talent not to be good!! I just think that it needs to be considered...BUT considering the line-up he has used all year is what has put them in the Finals I doubt he will change it for tonight!!! but it is a thought to ponder on!!!
SecretAgent Wrote:I agree with you on that Grimm should be 15th Region player of the year!!! Grimm plays with heart and does an excellent job when he is on the court...That boy gives 200% everytime he walk on the floor!!

Are you trying to stir things up in the Big Blue Nation? I don't think BMR will change the recipe the day of the chilli cook off. As for the teams, it has been no secret that PHS & SVHS were the heavy favorites all year long. Just unfortunate that they drew in the same bracket. There are several really good players this year and slone and grim happen to be two of the elite. I will agree with you that in the scoring column Grim has carried the load down the stretch for PHS but slone does so many things and is such a threat. If I had to vote based upon their performance during this tournament and they are able to keep a perfect record against the Eagles with a win tonight I would have to vote MVP for the tournament to Grim.

The big question is will they be able to keep up that pace tonight after such a physical contest with SV. JC has been playing very well down the stretch and I believe have played several quarters/halves against PHS where they were on top. If JC can put the whole puzzle together for one complete game, and PHS has any type of let down, JC could pull the upset. After all if you roll the dice so many times eventually they will come to rest on your number.

I won't be there tonight since we are no longer in the hunt, but I will listen very close. See ya next year in the Region.

BLACKCATS RULE!!!:redboxer:
Lisa Douglas Wrote:I agree that Shane has taken this Tiger team upon his very capable shoulders this year and has always seemed to be there whenever times looked bleak! I am proud of the team this year & if you have noticed I am not one to "toot" just one player's "horn" very often... because I firmly believe that no one player "makes" the team or "hurts" the team. When you win & are as successful as this team, it has to be a group effort.
However, SA, I believe that the passes you are referring to are just the way BB plays and actually they have become quite ordinary by now to him and to his team mates... of course they might be "big time" to you... but maybe if you practice every waking minute of your day for like (15) years, you won't be as "bowled over" by them. Granted, he may get a "shade farred up" every now & then, but it's nothing that warrants a ridiculous suggestion such as changing the recipe @ this point in time.
GO T-I-G-E-R-S!!!

Oh I agree..:Thumbs: ....and not to take away from Bundy because he is a great ball player!!! It may be nerves...or whatever it may be it just seems like in the last two games it has been those types of passes that cost PHS TO's....and changing the recipe at this time would be UNCALLED for..this is the line-up that has won all year long...and should finish the season! I just think it should have been a 2nd choice!! Jeremy Pack to has played ball all his life...and deserves MORE playing time...and to be a TEAM it takes that kind of self-sacrifice!!! But Paintsville is awesome..and like you said Shane is good...but it takes the work of 4 others to help him!!!

All I can say is Paintsville going back to STATE is AWESOME..and can't wait..to go...its been awhile since TheVille had its last trip!!
livewire220 Wrote:Are you trying to stir things up in the Big Blue Nation? I don't think BMR will change the recipe the day of the chilli cook off. As for the teams, it has been no secret that PHS & SVHS were the heavy favorites all year long. Just unfortunate that they drew in the same bracket. There are several really good players this year and slone and grim happen to be two of the elite. I will agree with you that in the scoring column Grim has carried the load down the stretch for PHS but slone does so many things and is such a threat. If I had to vote based upon their performance during this tournament and they are able to keep a perfect record against the Eagles with a win tonight I would have to vote MVP for the tournament to Grim.

The big question is will they be able to keep up that pace tonight after such a physical contest with SV. JC has been playing very well down the stretch and I believe have played several quarters/halves against PHS where they were on top. If JC can put the whole puzzle together for one complete game, and PHS has any type of let down, JC could pull the upset. After all if you roll the dice so many times eventually they will come to rest on your number.

I won't be there tonight since we are no longer in the hunt, but I will listen very close. See ya next year in the Region.

BLACKCATS RULE!!!:redboxer:

thats something that you just said that because i was sitting here talking to someone else about the same thing....JC did not have the same type of gme that Paintsville had!! JC's game was Low scoring and wasn't played with half as much adrenaline and strength...Paintsville however, had to play NONE stop and couldn't quit..and played one of the hardest games of their lives to this point!! So they physically are going to be WORN-OUT...BUT they have heart especially those senior boys.....If a was betting between Bundy,Grimm, and Murray those boys will pump the others up and get things going!!
Lord I don't want change BMR chilli recipe right before the big cook-off.......but it might just be a SECRET ingredient for other games at STATE!!!!
Bundy is a good ball player..to make the passes he does takes skill,and agility and coordination!!! Not everyone can throw a ball and not even be looking that way ..He reminds me of a Harlem Globe Trotter!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!:letsparty
I would like to see the Eagles really come out to play and walk away with the win in this one. But regardless of the outcome I think that the Eagles have really done an outstanding job lately and to be second in the region would not be so bad. I believe that IF the Eagles come to play and IF they will listen to their coach instead of going off half cocked then they have a great chance of coming out on top tonight. Either way, I'm proud of what they have accomplished throughout the district tournament and through the region so far.

Show player? He has 1,00 points and didn't he just break an assist record or something like that? I can't see anybody leading this team the way Bundy has this year. He is THE leader of THE best team in the 15th region!
OMG Wrote:Show player? He has 1,00 points and didn't he just break an assist record or something like that? I can't see anybody leading this team the way Bundy has this year. He is THE leader of THE best team in the 15th region!

I say that meaning...that he does more fancy passing and moving than most!!! Thats not taking away from him..because TRUTHFULLY most players can't do what he does!!! BUNDY is GOOD player...and I meant nothing by calling him a SHOW player!!!! thats actually a good thing..but in a game like it was last night some of the passes became turnovers simply because he wasn't looking!!! But if hadn't been guarding SV last night when they were running the clock down things could have went another way!!!
Give them HE double hockey sticks tonight JC, I'll be rooting for you. You boys know Paintsville is tired and you have as good a shot at beatng them that Valley did. I hope the refs are good tonight and will be glad to support whoever wins the 15th at Rupp.
SecretAgent Wrote:Also I think Murray should take Bundy's place...and Pack should start over Bundy as well??? What does anyone else think?? I just feel that Bundy is too much of a SHOW player...he wants to make only the SHOW passes and shots...he does not play solid...But he is a good kid..and does a good job when he is on..and they all seem to respond well to him!!

Absolutely not. I like Pack a lot, but in no way can he start over Bundy. I know you are not bashing Blake, but he can and will get the job done.
Not all TO's are his fault. but his passing is pretty darn amazing. And I promise that at least 10 more turnovers would have been made if he wasn't on the floor last night. Valley made all of the Tigers turn the ball over last night, but nobody is questioning those???
PC_You_Know Wrote:Give them HE double hockey sticks tonight JC, I'll be rooting for you. You boys know Paintsville is tired and you have as good a shot at beatng them that Valley did. I hope the refs are good tonight and will be glad to support whoever wins the 15th at Rupp.
I hope the Tigers win tonight, and I am holding you to the support!!!Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:Absolutely not. I like Pack a lot, but in no way can he start over Bundy. I know you are not bashing Blake, but he can and will get the job done.
Not all TO's are his fault. but his passing is pretty darn amazing. And I promise that at least 10 more turnovers would have been made if he wasn't on the floor last night. Valley made all of the Tigers turn the ball over last night, but nobody is questioning those???

oh..I agree SV caused more TO's than anything.....I was just in general speaking that to me its a risk to play that way...But its amzing to watch and see when its done and see the points go up....I mean in the belfry game WOW..its was like a performance not a game...LOL and the belfry boys at the end had No clue!!!
Blake does get the job done ...I think I was just trying to give a little support to Pack/Murray because they to are Smokin hot players!!TongueirateSho
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Dang, dont take it so personal. I asked a question. A plain yes woulda done the job.

Did you ever pick a winner? I thought that is what the thread was about.:wtf1: lol. Just giving you a hard time. I think you traded your diploma for one from JC. Oh yeah, P-ville by 12.Cool
kyrifle Wrote:Shane Grimm should the 15th region player of the year IMO. Slone has had a really good year but without Grimm's level of performance this year Paintsville wouldn't have been nearly as good.

Grimm should be the regional tourney mvp
29-10-22 last 3 times. I'll be conservative and go with 15. I honestly think they are a 20-25 point better team.