Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville vs. Johnson Central -- 15th Region Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Paintsville was victorious tonight over the mighty Shelby Valley Wildcats. Great gam and congratulations to both teams on a great season. Both teams were definetly deserving of winning this game. Great comeback by Valley, but the Tigers held on for the win. They will now face Johnson Central in an all 57th Regional Final (As I predicted). So lets hear your thoughts on this one.
If PHS wins tomorrow Shane Grimm should be the 15th Region Tournament MVP because he has carried the Tigers on his back and is the reason the Tigers won tonight.
This game wont be as good as tonights but it is the biggest rivalry in KY.
not in Ky.
I hope the Tigers don't come out and have a "let down" against the Eagles. If they do, things will get very interesting...however I think BMR will have them ready to play for their right to RUPP. Tigers by 14.
It was a great game and I hope the Tigers can emotionally get ready in that short of time to come back tomorrow night and take care of business. JC has been playing good lately, but the tigers are on a mission this year. Did I mention that I predicted an all 57th regional final? Im kidding i'm kidding, seriously.
The Joker Wrote:not in Ky.

???? Are you talking about the rivalry? In the mountains it is. I know you'll always have the St. X v. Trinity, but they are the biggest that this area knows.
OMG Wrote:???? Are you talking about the rivalry? In the mountains it is. I know you'll always have the St. X v. Trinity, but they are the biggest that this area knows.
No, its even bigger than St. X and Trinity. WKYT and WYMT had a story on it. about 3 years ago.
Paintsville by 18.
What was the score when these 2 teams played in the season?
RavenBoy Wrote:No, its even bigger than St. X and Trinity. WKYT and WYMT had a story on it. about 3 years ago.
Well don't you think that would be slightly biased? I'd say in the mtns. it is one of the biggest.
RavenBoy Wrote:What was the score when these 2 teams played in the season?

104-75-first game
82-72-second game
77-55-district finals

JC has been playing with alot more agressiveness and they played P-ville good in the district until the second half.
RavenBoy Wrote:No, its even bigger than St. X and Trinity. WKYT and WYMT had a story on it. about 3 years ago.

I really don't doubt. You have to look back and see how long this has been going on. Im not sure on St. X and Trinity, but I know in the mountains this is as prevelant as the Hatfields and McCoys.
Paintsville by 10
Should be a interesting game to watch...these two teams hate each other with a passion so this should be a hard faught game....wouldnt execpt anything less from a JC Paintsville game....but ill take paintsville cutting down the nets 81 to 79....
Paintsville by 20+. They will come in and rock Johnson Centrals world.
Just another chapter of a great rivalry! What are some of the most memorable JC/PHS encounters?
I don't think JC's coachs want anymore of the Tigers...I saw them cheering hard for Shelby Valley all night...
gettheball Wrote:I don't think JC's coachs want anymore of the Tigers...I saw them cheering hard for Shelby Valley all night...

Haha! were they really? I guess so far this season the Tigers have had their number though.
Yes they seemed like a true Valley Fan!!!Smile I think I might have seen a tear at the end of the game...lol
Well Pikeville was there cheering for Paintsville, so I guess it goes both ways.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well Pikeville was there cheering for Paintsville, so I guess it goes both ways.
Not hardly the same...lol
The Guru Wrote:Not hardly the same...lol

I see it the same way, a team from the same district rooting against the team.
A 57th district show down between Paintsville, and Johnson Central, 2 teams from the same county. The City vs the County, Small school vs Big school.

I am taking my Tigers by 12+. I see JC making some 3s to cutt the score down late.
gettheball Wrote:I don't think JC's coachs want anymore of the Tigers...I saw them cheering hard for Shelby Valley all night...
So, where were they doing all this cheering? As a group? Just one ya saw? or what? If it gets to ya enuff to make like 3 posts about it, surely ya can give some details?
As for the real topic, who knows how Paintsville will respond after the battle they went thru tonite. Down or not, from the hangover from tonite's game, they are still superior in the talent department and that alone may be enuff to get them the win. For JC, will have to have a complete opposite approach tomorrow nite, than what they did tonite.
Great first game tonite, but then followed by a game that could not have been imagined in anyone's wildest dreams. Jus saying "thanks" to both teams in that 2nd game tonite. Can we possibly get another tomorrow? Let's all hope so. Best of luck guys.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:So, where were they doing all this cheering? As a group? Just one ya saw? or what? If it gets to ya enuff to make like 3 posts about it, surely ya can give some details?
As for the real topic, who knows how Paintsville will respond after the battle they went thru tonite. For JC, will have to have a complete opposite approach tomorrow nite, than what they did tonite.
Great first game tonite, but then followed by a game that could not have been imagined in anyone's wildest dreams. Jus saying "thanks" to both teams in that 2nd game tonite. Can we possibly get another tomorrow? Let's all hope so. Best of luck guys.

Until the 3rd quarter, many JC fans were in the Shelby valley pep section.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:So, where were they doing all this cheering? As a group? Just one ya saw? or what? If it gets to ya enuff to make like 3 posts about it, surely ya can give some details?
As for the real topic, who knows how Paintsville will respond after the battle they went thru tonite. For JC, will have to have a complete opposite approach tomorrow nite, than what they did tonite.
They were sitting on SV's side closest to the PHS cheerleaders.Up towards the top of the bottom section.They were sitting in a group!!
PHS Watergirl Wrote:They were sitting on SV's side closest to the PHS cheerleaders.Up towards the top of the bottom section.They were sitting in a group!!
A group? Wrong.
There is a difference in a coach and someone wearing black and gold. Actually, there were 2 in my row, 2 standing beside Paintsville's pep section, and a couple down where you are referring to. But, anyway, can you honestly say you saw them "cheering?" As in hooping and yelling for Valley, or jus saw their reactions to the game, and automatically assumed they were cheering, due to your obvious bias.
I can almost promise you, they would much rather see Paintsville again, than have faced Valley.
The Guru Wrote:Not hardly the same...lol
You would have had to have been a part of it, to know what this rivalry is like!
Don't you agree?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:A group? Wrong.
There is a difference in a coach and someone wearing black and gold. Actually, there were 2 in my row, 2 standing beside Paintsville's pep section, and a couple down where you are referring to. But, anyway, can you honestly say you saw them "cheering?" As in hooping and yelling for Valley, or jus saw their reactions to the game, and automatically assumed they were cheering, due to your obvious bias.

Excuse me...I can honestly say yes I SAW the cheering. I did not say that all of them were there.... but I know who they are and I know What I saw... along with about six other people. Bias.....Please, yes I am The Bluest of the Bluest, but I know right from wrong and good from bad.
Pages: 1 2 3