Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Pikeville High School
^^^If enough goofballs keep posting this crap, someone might start to believe it. Those teams were almost all Pikeville boys who played little league and Jr. High football at Pikeville.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^ Those teams were almost all Pikeville boys who played little league and Jr. High football at Pikeville.

I could not have said it better myself. LOL Those few "that were not Pikeville boys" helped.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^If enough goofballs keep posting this crap, someone might start to believe it. Those teams were almost all Pikeville boys who played little league and Jr. High football at Pikeville.

in the early 90's??? you've got to be kidding, i would like to see some research if they were mostly pikeville boys
OMG Wrote:in the early 90's??? you've got to be kidding, i would like to see some research if they were mostly pikeville boys
JUST LET IT GO PEOPLE!!!!!!
Success will always bring in some outside players, as it should. Everyone wants to be part of the success. Some of these posts just lets the Pikeville Football Program know that they are still way out in front of most programs, because alot of people are still on their a**.
However, I will disagree about one thing: Bobby Deramus, Tim Honaker, Steve Bailey, Heath Robinson and Eddie Deramus didn't play on Pikeville's Jr. High or Little League.
Elwayfan Wrote:Success will always bring in some outside players, as it should. Everyone wants to be part of the success. Some of these posts just lets the Pikeville Football Program know that they are still way out in front of most programs, because alot of people are still on their a**.
However, I will disagree about one thing: Bobby Deramus, Tim Honaker, Steve Bailey, Heath Robinson and Eddie Deramus didn't play on Pikeville's Jr. High or Little League.
:booo: What's the point in this Elwayfan? This makes no sense for YOU to post this.

Pikeville concluded their interviews last night if I am not mistaken. We could possibly have a coach in place by next week.
Elwayfan Wrote:Success will always bring in some outside players, as it should. Everyone wants to be part of the success. Some of these posts just lets the Pikeville Football Program know that they are still way out in front of most programs, because alot of people are still on their a**.

This has nothing to do with the thread. Your info is incorrect on the above. Eddie Deramus played little league and junior high at Pikeville. Tim Honaker was also their during junior high. Steve Bailey moved to town his senior year along with JJ who was a freshman at the time. Their dad and JJ still live in town. Their have been Honaler's playing at Pikeville since 1972 when Ronnie Honaker wsas a very good player. We need to keep this on topic. I am hearing Monday or Tuesday for naming of a coach.

I played little league and Jr. High Football at Pikeville with Tim Honaker. I played Babe Ruth Baseball with Bobby Deramus. I watched Eddie Deramus grow up in front of my eyes in Pikeville.

Again....get your facts straight! You are wasting this thread's time with your personal agenda against the Panthers!
As a member of the Pikeville State Championship teams, I find these comments toward our teams to be extremely offensive and even slanderous

Did the program ever get fined, put on probation, or investigated by the KHSAA?

The answer is NO!
Why are you putting Heath with that group? He was terribleWink Him and Steve Bailey were the only ones of the names you mentioned that didnt play JR. High ball at Pikeville.
OMG Wrote:in the early 90's??? you've got to be kidding, i would like to see some research if they were mostly pikeville boys

Go to Palace Barber Shop in Pikeville, look at plaques of the old junior high teams, you will see nearly all of the players on the championship teams.
Keep this on topic guys. Enough about the past. This thread is looking to the future of Pikeville Football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
From what Ive heard of the 5 they chose to interview 2have taken their name out of consideration. Anyone else heard this?
^^^Yes.
jetpilot Wrote:Go to Palace Barber Shop in Pikeville, look at plaques of the old junior high teams, you will see nearly all of the players on the championship teams.

where is that place at? i desperately need a hair cut anyway...lol
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:From what Ive heard of the 5 they chose to interview 2have taken their name out of consideration. Anyone else heard this?

If this is the truth i hope the powers to be have the oranges to re-evaluate and not settle for someone. If the truth is as posted before that their were 15 to 20 applicants, hopefully they will either extend the interview process or re post it to achieve a future for the panthers. Or if the best applicant has applied and interviewed so be it, but from what I am hearing this is not the case. Just see who they chose for the committee. I hope for the panthers future someone will stepup and realise what is missing from the kitty.
God of Thunder Wrote:As a member of the Pikeville State Championship teams, I find these comments toward our teams to be extremely offensive and even slanderous

Did the program ever get fined, put on probation, or investigated by the KHSAA?

The answer is NO!

Were calls ever made to KHSAA concerning Steve Bailey? Definitely. Whether the KHSAA ever investigated is another story. As a matter of fact there were articles in both the Lexington Herald Leader and the Louisville Courier Journal concerning the allegations.

A coach from a Pike County high school brought forth the allegations.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Were calls ever made to KHSAA concerning Steve Bailey? Definitely. Whether the KHSAA ever investigated is another story. As a matter of fact there were articles in both the Lexington Herald Leader and the Louisville Courier Journal concerning the allegations.

A coach from a Pike County high school brought forth the allegations.
Enough guys enough. Anything else on this will be removed and may result in an infraction. Please keep it on topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So, who are the final candidates?

Who was interviewed?
From what I have heard, They interviewed three because two dropped out the day before their interviews. The three that were interviewed, supposedly, are Jerry Perry (DC from Danville), David Hensley(Dunbar), Michael Copley(Pikeville). We should know something this week I hope. Maybe by Tuesday or Wednesday!
This has been a very long process for Pikeville I thought we would have found out more before now. I hope they find something soon for the sake of the kids so Pikeville can put all of this beside them and be done with it. I know it has go to be killing the seniors of next year not knowing who is going to be there.
Anyone know the names of the two who dropped out?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This has been a very long process for Pikeville I thought we would have found out more before now. I hope they find something soon for the sake of the kids so Pikeville can put all of this beside them and be done with it. I know it has go to be killing the seniors of next year not knowing who is going to be there.
I'm not sure if it has really been that long of a process. Just done the correct way and it has been VERY confidential. Seems about the right length. They should have a HC by the time spring practice gets started.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think we may hear something this week.
I think it will be David Hensley from Dunbar from what I've heard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I think it will be David Hensley from Dunbar from what I've heard.

I have also heard this from a source that's has pretty good connections to finding out information like this....but we will have to wait and see.
alfus21 Wrote:I think it will be David Hensley from Dunbar from what I've heard.

Maybe this way they can get two of the candidates, give the head job to Hensley and see if Copley will stay on as an assistant.
I know a kid who played under Hensley in a bowl game a few weeks back and he said he could not stand the guy. He said all he did was cuss and scream at them and never had a positive thing to say to the kids. From what I have heard Hensley doesn't seem to be much of a presence in the classroom either. I am sure the people of Pikeville would love that. Yeah right! They wouldn't be able to keep both seeing as how both are PE teachers and another PE teacher is trying to get his foot in the door at the high school as well. Pikevilles best bet from what I can gather would be to give Copley the head coaching position and fill the other vacancies in the school. IMHO I believe that Copley has earned his right to be the next leader of the Panthers. Where has Hensley been that has this much pressure attached to it? Probably no where. Don't be stupid Pikeville. The answer to your question seems to be right in front of you.
The answer has "been in front of them" before when they have gone out of system to hire..... Hopefully they will make the best decision for the program in general!
You talk about keeping stuff under wraps.