Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Coach at Pikeville High School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Let' try to not this one closed. Just post information that is true and needed.
Here is some information that is true. I am tired of this subject. I know I don't have to click on this thread but I really don't think there is anything else that can be said until they make a hire. Regardless of who they hire, it will be the same ol Pikeville, district champs, an occassional regional championship and possibly a state finals appearance or two every two decades.
So can anyone confirm who has applied?
LifeSentence Wrote:Here is some information that is true. I am tired of this subject. I know I don't have to click on this thread but I really don't think there is anything else that can be said until they make a hire. Regardless of who they hire, it will be the same ol Pikeville, district champs, an occassional regional championship and possibly a state finals appearance or two every two decades.
Ok then dont get on here. Im sure youll be missed LOL! Just to quell some rumors if I may. Ive heard some family members of a coach that is currently at a local school telling everyone who will listen that he was offered the job and that he has accepted it. I can promise this much that if this were true half this team would be wearing angry red next year. If you hear these bogus tales dont believe them.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ok then dont get on here. Im sure youll be missed LOL! Just to quell some rumors if I may. Ive heard some family members of a coach that is currently at a local school telling everyone who will listen that he was offered the job and that he has accepted it. I can promise this much that if this were true half this team would be wearing angry red next year. If you hear these bogus tales dont believe them.

Pikeville is better off without the kind of kids that that say they will play for this guy and won't play for that guy.Confusedhh:
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville is better off without the kind of kids that that say they will play for this guy and won't play for that guy.Confusedhh:
Just to clarify its not anybody thats coached at Pikeville before. If you knew who this guy was you wouldnt want him here either.
Does anyone know when they are going to make the decision?
pride20 Wrote:Does anyone know when they are going to make the decision?

Interviews are schedule for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. I understand they would like to have a new coach in place for Spring Practice, which most likely means that they would need to hire a new coach by Feb 29.
I guess today is the day for the first interview of two. Anybody know who the candidates are that are interviewing today? Does anybody know who the final five candidates are?
It's a secret!

lol
It has been too quiet for my tastes on here. There was supposedly interviews to have been conducted last night. Has anybody heard who or what happened last night, if anything?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:It's a secret!

lol

Come on, you ole' fox, you can do better than that. Big Grin Confusedhh:
hammertime Wrote:It has been too quiet for my tastes on here. There was supposedly interviews to have been conducted last night. Has anybody heard who or what happened last night, if anything?
Im sure someone could tell us but then theyd have to kill us LOL!
I have all the confidence in the world that the Pikeville administration will select the best candidate for their next football coach. I also deem that in a couple of years the process will be repeated yet again and again and again and again.
More stuff is leaked on the JFK murder than on this hire. This is crazy Smile.
I hope that Pikeville gets a great coach! Pikeville has had such a strong football history... I hope this trend continues!
Bat Masterson Wrote:Come on, you ole' fox, you can do better than that. Big Grin Confusedhh:
No one will know anything until ALL interviews are concluded...interviews run thru Thursday...Possibly a hire by Monday???
I know of one person interviewed, but will remain quiet if that's what the powers-at-be want.
Do the powers who be want you to keep quiet or to share with the world this news?
What ever happened to Chad Salyers down there?
The kids really want Coach Copley as the head coach. They had a letter written to Mr. Mayo about copley and many players signed it
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:The kids really want Coach Copley as the head coach. They had a letter written to Mr. Mayo about copley and many players signed it

That really says a lot if the kids banded together to let the admin. know what they wanted and how they feel about the situation.
Sponge Bob Wrote:What ever happened to Chad Salyers down there?

I heard that he was asked to take his name out of consideration because of his ssistant athletic director status.
hammertime Wrote:That really says a lot if the kids banded together to let the admin. know what they wanted and how they feel about the situation.

The kids know best and the administration should follow their direction.
I often forget that children know best how to select qualified athletic personnel... I guess since they know best there is no sense in having any certified staff that are paid to make decisions! LOL
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:The kids really want Coach Copley as the head coach. They had a letter written to Mr. Mayo about copley and many players signed it

To me this is a ridiculous reason to hire a coach. I like Coach Copley too and he may be the best fit for Pikeville as a coach, but to hire him cause the kids like him is not the reason.
I agree! There are many responsibilities that are reqired of the head coach that players don't understand and don't have the capacity to know about.
However, it is a nice gesture on their behalf for sticking up for what/who they believe in. It shows how much pride they have in their program.
HazzBeen Wrote:To me this is a ridiculous reason to hire a coach. I like Coach Copley too and he may be the best fit for Pikeville as a coach, but to hire him cause the kids like him is not the reason.

Where on here did it say that the administration was going to hire Copley because the kids like him? To my knowledge.....nowhere. Pikeville hasn't even hired a coach yet but I feel that it is a nice sentiment for the kids to show who they would like to have as a coach. That doesn't mean that the principal is running up to the gym and giving the job to him right now.
It doesn't say that directly, but you have people saying the kids know best.... I believe HazzBeen as well as myself were just pointing out that this should not be the ONLY reason someone is hired..... It is a nice sentiment for the players to show support.... but they are not in charge of making decisions...
It does not matter who Pikeville hires, they still will be regional champs at best!!!! The days of state championships are about 20 years past. When the starting lineups included players that did not happen to be from Pikeville. LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5