Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 83 - Powell Co. 46
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Lee is playing better than powell right now...but its a long time from districts....look how hot lee was last year and lost to owsley because they wanted it more....and i would like to know the teams that wont play powell because of that.....powell dont get it their way at home...im guessing u play for lee co and u dont like coming to powell because theyre is a chance they may play better than u and beat you

You're right, Owsley saved their best game for last. It is perceived that Powell does indeed 'get it their way" at home. As I've already stated, see how many teams around the state 'refuse' to return to Stanton due to it. I'm not aware of any that refuse to come to Lee.

I could just as well say that you are a Powell benchwarmer who is waving the pirate flag, but neither of us are probable players lol.

Good luck to your Pirates and represent the 56th well till tourney time, but we'll just have to wait and see who wants it more and who's playing best when Districts roll around.
Big man on campus Wrote:i think they put the mullins kid on him... just what i heard anyone else know for sure

Amburgey
ARC Wrote:You're right, Owsley saved their best game for last. It is perceived that Powell does indeed 'get it their way" at home. As I've already stated, see how many teams around the state 'refuse' to return to Stanton due to it. I'm not aware of any that refuse to come to Lee.

I could just as well say that you are a Powell benchwarmer who is waving the pirate flag, but neither of us are probable players lol.

Good luck to your Pirates and represent the 56th well till tourney time, but we'll just have to wait and see who wants it more and who's playing best when Districts roll around.

I agreeTongueirateSho
Who guarded Kinser had nothing to do with it. The score after the 1st quarter was tied 12 to12. Powell's coach for some reason pulled all the starters and put in the J.V team. Giving that coach had his reasons I'm sure but when the starters returned you could tell they were not mentally there. It was like they could've cared less if they won or lost. The result is that they lost big. I know that there a much better team than what they displayed that night. Just hope the attitude changes quick. It's to late into the season to lose focus and to have a change of attitude. Keep your heads up PIRATES because we have faith in you guys no matter what the na sayers have to say. Knott Central has a good team. I like the players on that team. There good kids so I personally wish them luck the rest of the season. Put this game behind you PIRATES and take care of the next task at hand and thats Owlsley.:Guitar01:
bobcatfan22 Wrote:I agreeTongueirateSho

I do not understand why a Powell fan would have a Lee name
DADDY BALLER 20 Wrote:Who guarded Kinser had nothing to do with it. The score after the 1st quarter was tied 12 to12. Powell's coach for some reason pulled all the starters and put in the J.V team. Giving that coach had his reasons I'm sure but when the starters returned you could tell they were not mentally there. It was like they could've cared less if they won or lost. The result is that they lost big. I know that there a much better team than what they displayed that night. Just hope the attitude changes quick. It's to late into the season to lose focus and to have a change of attitude. Keep your heads up PIRATES because we have faith in you guys no matter what the na sayers have to say. Knott Central has a good team. I like the players on that team. There good kids so I personally wish them luck the rest of the season. Put this game behind you PIRATES and take care of the next task at hand and thats Owlsley.:Guitar01:

Why is it every Powell thread, every year, results in a discuission about the heart and desire of the players?
Lucky13 Wrote:Why is it every Powell thread, every year, results in a discuission about the heart and desire of the players?

Because u can tell powell has the heart and dedication...ther'ye low on talent this year but some reason still has 10 win...thats because of the heart and dedication them kids have
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Because u can tell powell has the heart and dedication...ther'ye low on talent this year but some reason still has 10 win...thats because of the heart and dedication them kids have

My bad, I meant to say lack of heart and dedication, I've only seen Powell once so I don't know enough about the situation, but according to some posts on here it seems as if that the drive of these Pirates is in question. I just wonder why it's brought up in both basketball, and football every year. I mean, if there is a problem with Powell's "get up and go" in different sports, then there's a serious problem somewhere within the the system (student athletes, community, coaches, ect.)
Congratulations KCC