Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanan- 110 South Floyd- 39
Amun-Ra Wrote:Are you kidding? A talk with the coach? The Stepps run Pippa Passes. Nothing will be said and they will continue to do this to teams that they know can not compete with them just so Clark can get his stats.
IF THAT IS THE CASE THAT IS TRUELY SAD!!!!!!Sad
Amun-Ra Wrote:Are you kidding? A talk with the coach? The Stepps run Pippa Passes. Nothing will be said and they will continue to do this to teams that they know can not compete with them just so Clark can get his stats.

Sad but true.

Why so much hatred? JBS is a great team and when great teams play weak teams scores like this happen. Stats or not. Just think what would have happened if Tate had been playing. Scary isn't it.
uk96 Wrote:There is no doubt that the program will recede in the next few years. JBS is an extremely small school and right now they have a special group of kids but in about 4 years it will go back to getting beat consistently. You just cant keep up a consistent program with a small school if you dont recruit and JBS does not do that. So I guess it can be payback time in a few years and that is understandable...
They might not recruit. But they sure call players from other schools, tells them they can come to school there and play basketball. They can get their tuition down to where it is practically free. If the weather is so bad that the parents cant come get them, they can stay at a coaches house. But I think once the Stepps are gone, if they wish to keep interest up in their ball team, they may have to start recruiting.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Where is the proof of your allegations?
Nothing will change at JBS in a few years except the last names. Anyone who knows a little about their grade school team will know what I'm talking about. It won't be a Stepp running the program but someone just as close, thats the reason the coach lost his eighth graders when they quit last week. Good Luck Crusaders you're going to need it.
Nomercy Wrote:Why so much hatred? JBS is a great team and when great teams play weak teams scores like this happen. Stats or not. Just think what would have happened if Tate had been playing. Scary isn't it.
The point is that it shouldnt have happened. Now if the bench had played most of the game and the score got this way then thats the way it is but no the coach left his starters in so they could get their stats.. That equals no class.....

Hatred comes form having been over there for a few years and getting to know how things work there.
After reading all the above posts, I repeat what I stated earlier, in a perfect world everything that everyone felt that what should have been done right at this game IMO are correct, but you have to understand this is in the STEPP'S coaching world. Please do not take it out on the players. They are only doing as they are being told to do.................................................................
SF had no chance in this one from the start. The boys don't know how to win
I don't know where to start being a JBS fan. Sad
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:They might not recruit. But they sure call players from other schools, tells them they can come to school there and play basketball. They can get their tuition down to where it is practically free. If the weather is so bad that the parents cant come get them, they can stay at a coaches house. But I think once the Stepps are gone, if they wish to keep interest up in their ball team, they may have to start recruiting.
I honestly dont think after the Stepps leave that they will recruit because they really wont care about the outcome of the program. So far to the best of my knowledge I dont think that anyone has ever transferred into JBS into the high school program.
Who would've thought that this game would bring on so much attention?...
yea rlly i mean there is 4 pgs and 102 and this will make 103 comments
uk96 Wrote:I honestly dont think after the Stepps leave that they will recruit because they really wont care about the outcome of the program. So far to the best of my knowledge I dont think that anyone has ever transferred into JBS into the high school program.
I know for a fact that they asked one 7th grader to transfer over there. School wouldnt have cost his parents anything. If the roads were bad they was told the boy could stay with either the coaches or Joe.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know for a fact that they asked one 7th grader to transfer over there. School wouldnt have cost his parents anything. If the roads were bad they was told the boy could stay with either the coaches or Joe.
I was talking about high school kids transferring into the program...Maybe staying with the coaches was some sort of punishment....
uk96 Wrote:I honestly dont think after the Stepps leave that they will recruit because they really wont care about the outcome of the program. So far to the best of my knowledge I dont think that anyone has ever transferred into JBS into the high school program.

Brent Hall-Nason Robert-Evan Potter-Shane Slone
Benchwarmer Wrote:Brent Hall-Nason Robert-Evan Potter-Shane Slone
If you would please read the complete post...Again----None of these transferred in after they had played ball at another high school....
uk96 Wrote:If you would please read the complete post...Again----None of these transferred in after they had played ball at another high school....

OK, Evan Potter
Benchwarmer Wrote:OK, Evan Potter
Evan Potter is only a freshman this year so he couldnt have attended high school last year....
^^^agreed.
Totally ridiculous. And they wonder why so many people are against them...
Running Man Wrote:^^^agreed.
Totally ridiculous. And they wonder why so many people are against them...
Who is them????Again remember the kids are not the ones who make the decisions of this team.. If that were true then things would be alot different...

What does playing high school ball at another high school and then coming to JBS have to do with recruiting?
Benchwarmer Wrote:What does playing high school ball at another high school and then coming to JBS have to do with recruiting?
Not sure of the question???
This thread is gonna be of the best threads in BGR history lol...4 pages and the game was played last nightSmile...Does that tell you anything?...99% of it is about JBS being classless and other stuff...
Let me see. Why do you say that you don't know any kids that have transferred to JBS that has played ball at another school?
uhavenoidea Wrote:This thread is gonna be of the best threads in BGR history lol...4 pages and the game was played last nightSmile...Does that tell you anything?...99% of it is about JBS being classless and other stuff...
That is the problem that I have is that JBS is not classless,the JBS kids are not classless,so what does that leave???
Benchwarmer Wrote:Let me see. Why do you say that you don't know any kids that have transferred to JBS that has played ball at another school?
I said that no kids have transferred to JBS that have played high school ball at another school. I know they have played ball but not high school ball...
Nomercy Wrote:Nothing will happen. JBS has built a program that will be able to compete for a long time.

I agree more with the statement below. IMO, after the Stepps are gone JBS will go back to being a bottom dweller in the 14th. Hey, I could be wrong, maybe they'll be a dynasty for years to come, but I don' t think so. Just my opinion!

uk96 Wrote:There is no doubt that the program will recede in the next few years. JBS is an extremely small school and right now they have a special group of kids but in about 4 years it will go back to getting beat consistently. You just cant keep up a consistent program with a small school if you dont recruit and JBS does not do that. So I guess it can be payback time in a few years and that is understandable...
uk96 Wrote:That is the problem that I have is that JBS is not classless,the JBS kids are not classless,so what does that leave???

Well the JBS coaches are classless and their AD should be ashamed of himself for letting it keep happening...So i guess you can say the whole JBS program is classless, except for the players thoughBig Grin
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I agree more with the statement below. IMO, after the Stepps are gone JBS will go back to being a bottom dweller in the 14th. Hey, I could be wrong, maybe they'll be a dynasty for years to come, but I don' t think so. Just my opinion!
I think that you are probably correct. they will be good for about 4 more years then be mediocre because a school that size just doesnt have the numbers to compete forever.