Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 07-08
UKisN1 Wrote:LCC 5th? What planet are you guys on? Cordia 2nd? JBS is the dominant team and the rest are fighting for second. Cordia isn't one of them.

Cordia without Josh Taylor would be 5th in the district, With Taylor and Noble back.They are without a doubt the 2nd best team in that district!!!
Time will tell.
MVP2---Maybe you should get out more often. LCC beat Knott pretty handily at the Hazard team camp this summer.----and Buckhorn-----and Wolf Co.-------and went undefeated at the Belfry summer camp. That might qualify them for a liile better than 5th place district rating.
Windsprint Wrote:MVP2---Maybe you should get out more often. LCC beat Knott pretty handily at the Hazard team camp this summer.----and Buckhorn-----and Wolf Co.-------and went undefeated at the Belfry summer camp. That might qualify them for a liile better than 5th place district rating.

Knott and Letcher never played this summer.
yes they did and letcher beat knott pretty handily
Windsprint Wrote:MVP2---Maybe you should get out more often. LCC beat Knott pretty handily at the Hazard team camp this summer.----and Buckhorn-----and Wolf Co.-------and went undefeated at the Belfry summer camp. That might qualify them for a liile better than 5th place district rating.

And summer means what?? NOTHING...can you win a region title during the summer NO! Do all the players come out during the summer and play? No!. So I dont care who won during summer only time will time how the 53rd will turn out.
sloppyseconds Wrote:yes they did and letcher beat knott pretty handily

Man would you wake up and get your facts straight before you post false info. They play one half and the coaches decided not to play the second half becasue they both had played several games that day and LCC was up by like 5-7. So i dont think you call that a win and I dont think you could call that handily as you put it.
The ones that need to get their facts straight are the ones who are predicting in Oct. as to what will happen in march. I'll tell you how they do it-----they guess. No one can forsee things like injuries and/or team chemistry 5 months down the road. I'll tell you who will win the 53rd-----the team that plays together, remains injury free, and works the hardest. Now you can take anybody on here's opinion AND 50 cents and get a cup of coffee at Dairy Queen. How's that for prognasticating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell them windsprint.

Windsprint Wrote:The ones that need to get their facts straight are the ones who are predicting in Oct. as to what will happen in march. I'll tell you how they do it-----they guess. No one can forsee things like injuries and/or team chemistry 5 months down the road. I'll tell you who will win the 53rd-----the team that plays together, remains injury free, and works the hardest. Now you can take anybody on here's opinion AND 50 cents and get a cup of coffee at Dairy Queen. How's that for prognasticating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the top post you talked about how good LCC played this summer and are better than 5th place in district. Then you rip someone for talking about the future of their team. What gives?
UK-FAN Wrote:KCC lost 3 leaders that will be hard to replace. Then youve got 2 boys that have never played high school ball, one a junior (Caudill) not sure of the other (Robets). You can not evpect them to just up and be impact players while other kids on other teams have played for 4 or more years. Now by the end of the season they may very well be a very good team if they will play together, but it takes time to learn a system and park ball is a lot different then organized ball.

JBS
Cordia
Kcc
Jenkins
LCC

You say Knott's new guys aren't going to be impact players but you have Cordia at number 2 and all your high hopes set on Josh Taylor, as stated in an earlier post, who isn't committed enough to finish a whole season. How do you know he will even be playing by the time season comes around or later on. Regardless whether he plays or not I see the 53rd like this:

1. JBS
2. Knott
3. LCC
4. Cordia
5. Jenkins
jenkins is a better basketball team than knott imo
My point is not that Josh Taylor is an all-american, but he is GOOD enough to make Hurt, Mosley, and Combs a lot better. And I do agree that Jenkins could very well be better then KCC this year. And I will stick by my prediction that if Taylor is an impact Cordia will be the surprise team in the distrct. However I do believe that JBS is beatable by about 4 or five teams in the region.
IMO
Good luck with June B.
you must not have seen these two boys play any this summer if you think they are not impact players. Buttermilks size alone is an impactl. No he isn't 6'8 or 6'9, but the boy has worked and I mean worked brute labor (logging etc...) and he is strong. He has worked hard this summer and he is a dominate player. Boo is fast and can handle the ball very well, and he has also worked hard this summer. Kcc did not lose their best players last year, but they did lose good players, the best is yet to come. when you see Stamper, Amburgey, Buttermilk, Fletcher, Huff, Mullins, Mosley, Richardson and who ever else will be on the team, you'll know what I mean.
what you say is true enough nobody can predict what will happen, but this is about opinions and eveyone has one and is entitled to it. I wish every team good luck this coming season and look forward to watching some good basketball.
Jenkins is no way better than KCC, imo. They have Puckett and thats it and last time I watched any ball one player doesn't win any games it takes a team.
And if you people wanna go by summer scores, then here you go. Knott beat Jenkins as well as PCC...very, very handily.
UK-FAN Wrote:My point is not that Josh Taylor is an all-american, but he is GOOD enough to make Hurt, Mosley, and Combs a lot better. And I do agree that Jenkins could very well be better then KCC this year. And I will stick by my prediction that if Taylor is an impact Cordia will be the surprise team in the distrct. However I do believe that JBS is beatable by about 4 or five teams in the region.
IMO

I am not sure if any team can beat this loaded JBS team but I promise you 4 or 5 teams cant beat them. If any team beats this JBS team this year they will have to play their very best game and JBS have an off night. I will agree with you that if Cordia has all of their players they could compete for 2nd in the district. I think after JBS then the other 4 teams are so close that it is hard to seperate them at this point in the season.
Knott will do just fine. With the addition of Roberts and Caudill they will be tough.
uk96 Wrote:I am not sure if any team can beat this loaded JBS team but I promise you 4 or 5 teams cant beat them. If any team beats this JBS team this year they will have to play their very best game and JBS have an off night. I will agree with you that if Cordia has all of their players they could compete for 2nd in the district. I think after JBS then the other 4 teams are so close that it is hard to seperate them at this point in the season.

Not a JBS thread.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Not a JBS thread.

I agree. This is not a JBS thread - it's about Knott Central. Please stay on topic.

I will add this: Benchwarmer, your feelings towards JBS have been noted in the past so please, let's watch what we say and show respect for all teams/players this year.

This goes for everyone that has a problem with JBS, the Stepps or anyone/anything else. JBS bashing will not be tolerated this season and will result in a quick suspension or banishment.
I think Knott Central will finish 2nd in the district but they are a pretty young team so that would be the only reason why they shouldnt finish that good, lack of experience.

1.JBS
2.Knott
3.Jenkins
4.Cordia
5.LCC

And yeah JJ why would you call someone out like that, there was no need in that, when you could simply PM him.I agree this is a KCC thread and ppl should not be mentioning other teams but no need to call someone out like that.
Tailback44 Wrote:And yeah JJ why would you call someone out like that, there was no need in that, when you could simply PM him.I agree this is a KCC thread and ppl should not be mentioning other teams but no need to call someone out like that.

Because this is how it starts. Little comments and tongue-in-cheek remarks lead to bashing. It's happened before. There are more than a couple of posters here that like to bash JBS and it's just not going to be tolerated anymore - period. Don't mean to be a prick, but that's the way it is.

We have sent PM's to members about this in the past and it goes unchecked. Go look at the threads from last season and look at the posters in those threads. Look at recent threads and you can see which side of the fence ppl stand on. It's OK to share your opinion, but stuff like "JBS sucks" or "Stepp hahah" or "Knott Central creekers" isn't going to be tolerated this year.

Every team will be treated the same. That goes for anyone bashing Knott Central too. There is a lot of bad blood with the fans of these two schools and we are telling (not asking) you to be civil this year with one another. I've already had to edit threads in teh past few weeks about the Stepps and JBS. This is the warning. That's all. :Thumbs:
I think KCC's new additions will suprise the district and region when they start to play for real. Richard (BUTTERMILK) Caudill and Bobby (BOO) Roberts will help them inside with the rebounding and i think that they will give JBS all they can handle. JBS knows these players really well and they know that they will have there hands full with them. and the 14th region will get to know them really soon.

Spartan4Life Wrote:Amen, Watched this kid play grade School basketball and High School basketball, he has been good his whole life. Along with Stamper, and the big guy down low Richard (Milkman) also Bartrum is a good overall player. Josh Richerson and Josh Huff will be good with the team, not leaving out Zach Mullins and Sammy Sturdivent.

I agree but it is Richard (BUTTERMILK) Caudill he is 6'5" and 235 lbs.

I think when all is said and done that KCC will beat the so called to teams in the district at least one time each and when tourney time comes they will be a really deep team and they will be ready for all comers then. GO PATS ALL THE WAY TO RUPP IN 07-08

I would like to send out a special thanks to all the KCC Patriots and wish them well in the up and coming season. In my opionion i think this could be one of the best teams that KCC has had in a while. They have power to go with the speed and shooting that they have always had. GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that KCC will do better than fourth in the district i think that they have a chance to win the 14th.
I just cannot figure this help so someone help me, I went to Patriot Madness saturday night, and the Mosley kid dominated, so why doesnt he get to play
BigBlue01 Wrote:I just cannot figure this help so someone help me, I went to Patriot Madness saturday night, and the Mosley kid dominated, so why doesnt he get to play

Thats a dumb quote, how do you or anybody else know who gets to play, they've not even had a game yet. Dont you think you have to wait until they've had a couple of games before you can see if he gets to play or not? HAHA
Quarterback7 Wrote:Thats a dumb quote, how do you or anybody else know who gets to play, they've not even had a game yet. Dont you think you have to wait until they've had a couple of games before you can see if he gets to play or not? HAHA

he could have played last year if they would have played him, and I know he wont get to this year
BigBlue01 Wrote:I just cannot figure this help so someone help me, I went to Patriot Madness saturday night, and the Mosley kid dominated, so why doesnt he get to play

If he dominated how did he not play?
and_1 Wrote:Knott will do just fine. With the addition of Roberts and Caudill they will be tough.

I agree and I just found out that the Roberts kid is 100% and he was back wiegh lifting today and the doctors released him to do so. So way to go Boo now go out and help the Patriots win the district and region.