Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central 07-08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what does everyone think about the pats this year after making a good run towards the end of the season
knott should be the 4th best team in the 53rd district this year
1.jbs
2. letcher
3. jenkins
4.knott
5. cordia
I'm sorry but i just can't see how Jenkins is better then Knott, Letcher Central is a good team but i still don't believe they have the talent level knott does yes banks and blair and good ball player but after that the cupboard is pretty bear
Knott would have to be 2nd in the district and 4th in the region, they are loaded.
1. June Buch.-unless they totally melt down or get some injuries, they will be hard to contend with.
2. Cordia (IF Josh Taylor will play, keep his head on right and work hard, that will give hurt who is without a doubt one of the top 3 players in the region more good looks. Cordia will be the big surprise. But again I did say if.
3. Knott will need big production off the bench and need to find some more scoring options other than the guard position.. If they can gain experience and become an inside threat they will be very surprising by end of seasom. Knot and Cordia will battle hard for the number two spot.
TIE Jenkins-Puckett, very good but not enough surrounding help unless they have improved a great deal over the summer.
TIE Letcher-They have 2 good players with a group of good young kids coming up, but I expect them to have a down season overall. Watch in a couple of years.
i will have too agree cordia will be tough too contend with but i believe knott has found someone with good inside presence thats is Ricahrd Caudill he is 6'4 and about 230 of solid muscle he eat people all summer long and Josh Huff who at times is a good scorning threat that could really help knott cause when the shots ain't falling you have too go inside.
How can you mention Cordia as # 2 they won 6-7 games last year and have the same team back. I agree with Hurt as top 3 but one player can't win big games by themselves. Ask Puckett?
You seem to miss my statement. Josh Taylor did not focus and come through last as expected, he didnt even play most of the year. Again I say IF he does focus and give the
effort he is capable of, I 110% stand by my statement, if he doesnt then you may very well be correct. And to answer you statement, youve got to be kidding about Knott being loaded. They lost 3 starters and only return one that is considered quality and that is Stamper, to a team that was 13-15. Like you said ask Puckett.
Knott brings back two starters and if you say Jarrod Amburgey isn't of quality you haven't watched him play this boy can flat out play ball.
Cats_fan Wrote:Knott brings back two starters and if you say Jarrod Amburgey isn't of quality you haven't watched him play this boy can flat out play ball.

Amen, Watched this kid play grade School basketball and High School basketball, he has been good his whole life. Along with Stamper, and the big guy down low Richard (Milkman) also Bartrum is a good overall player. Josh Richerson and Josh Huff will be good with the team, not leaving out Zach Mullins and Sammy Sturdivent.
Knott Central is the team to beat this year. They will give JBS a run for money when they play. We did beat JBS last year is District
UK-FAN Wrote:1. June Buch.-unless they totally melt down or get some injuries, they will be hard to contend with.
2. Cordia (IF Josh Taylor will play, keep his head on right and work hard, that will give hurt who is without a doubt one of the top 3 players in the region more good looks. Cordia will be the big surprise. But again I did say if.
3. Knott will need big production off the bench and need to find some more scoring options other than the guard position.. If they can gain experience and become an inside threat they will be very surprising by end of seasom. Knot and Cordia will battle hard for the number two spot.
TIE Jenkins-Puckett, very good but not enough surrounding help unless they have improved a great deal over the summer.
TIE Letcher-They have 2 good players with a group of good young kids coming up, but I expect them to have a down season overall. Watch in a couple of years.

Josh Taylor is playing for sure, He'll help out the lions a lot.
Spartan4Life Wrote:Amen, Watched this kid play grade School basketball and High School basketball, he has been good his whole life. Along with Stamper, and the big guy down low Richard (Milkman) also Bartrum is a good overall player. Josh Richerson and Josh Huff will be good with the team, not leaving out Zach Mullins and Sammy Sturdivent.

I agree 100% with. Jarrod is a heck of a player. KCC is going to be tough this year, and with the addition of Richard "Buttermilk" Caudill, they are going to be even tougher. Spartan4Life you almost had it right with Milkman, it is Buttermilk...lol
I dont know about cordia and letcher, KCC beat the death out of em over the summer..I also heard KCC has a new player, "Boo" Roberts. He seperated his shoulder, but when he gets back, you'll know who he is.
Jayrun Wrote:I dont know about cordia and letcher, KCC beat the death out of em over the summer..I also heard KCC has a new player, "Boo" Roberts. He seperated his shoulder, but when he gets back, you'll know who he is.

Yes, Bobby "Boo" Roberts is going to play as well. He was a good play player in his gradeschool days. Once he gets back I look for him to do very well. Get well soon Bobby.
I think you are wrong about KCC beating LCC and Cordia, they didn't play either one of those teams. KCC beat PCC really bad at Pikeville's team. Knott had a great summer but the region is won in late Feb. and March, and KCC will be ready. Along with about 7-10 other teams in the 14th.
Jayrun Wrote:I dont know about cordia and letcher, KCC beat the death out of em over the summer..I also heard KCC has a new player, "Boo" Roberts. He seperated his shoulder, but when he gets back, you'll know who he is.

I Know half of Cordias player didnt play during the summer and If I was guessing I would say some of LCC's wouldnt either because of football!
If half of Cordia's players didn't play this summer they wouldn't have a team.
and_1 Wrote:I agree 100% with. Jarrod is a heck of a player. KCC is going to be tough this year, and with the addition of Richard "Buttermilk" Caudill, they are going to be even tougher. Spartan4Life you almost had it right with Milkman, it is Buttermilk...lol

lol I knew I almost had it, I figured it out though before I looked back on here.
Benchwarmer Wrote:If half of Cordia's players didn't play this summer they wouldn't have a team.

I didnt literlee mean half of the team, I know Tyler Noble, Josh Taylor, and Ricky Wooton didnt play during the summer ( 2 starters and the 6th man) and I think Josh Mosley was out for little bit with an ankle injury also.
Did Taylor play last year?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Did Taylor play last year?

Yeah, untill about Janurary.
Honestly, I can confidently say that I think KCC will be as good, if not better than last year. With Amburgey, Caudill, Ratliff, Huff, Roberts and a few others this will be the first time in years that KCC has had size and an established low post presence. You also have good shooters on the wings with Stamper, Mullins, Bartrum, Fletcher, and (Shaun) Mosley. This team is loaded with raw talent and they only have 2 seniors
how can u say kcc will be the fourth. They should be at least second, afterall they did win the district. I think it should go something like this.

jbs
kcc
jenkins
lcc
cordia
they did win the district but in my eyes they lost their 3 best players............ and they only went 13-15 last year thats got to count for something
Everyone better watch out for the Cougars. Banks is having a great year on the football field and this could carry over to the hardwood.
KCC lost 3 leaders that will be hard to replace. Then youve got 2 boys that have never played high school ball, one a junior (Caudill) not sure of the other (Robets). You can not evpect them to just up and be impact players while other kids on other teams have played for 4 or more years. Now by the end of the season they may very well be a very good team if they will play together, but it takes time to learn a system and park ball is a lot different then organized ball.

JBS
Cordia
Kcc
Jenkins
LCC
The 53rd district may be very tough this year. All teams have talent, they just need to apply it. JBS had better not take the 53rd or the region that lightly because it is loaded with talent.
UK-FAN Wrote:KCC lost 3 leaders that will be hard to replace. Then youve got 2 boys that have never played high school ball, one a junior (Caudill) not sure of the other (Robets). You can not evpect them to just up and be impact players while other kids on other teams have played for 4 or more years. Now by the end of the season they may very well be a very good team if they will play together, but it takes time to learn a system and park ball is a lot different then organized ball.

JBS
Cordia
Kcc
Jenkins
LCC

:Thumbs:
LCC 5th? What planet are you guys on? Cordia 2nd? JBS is the dominant team and the rest are fighting for second. Cordia isn't one of them.
Pages: 1 2