Poll: Who will win the 59th?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
57.14%
Pikeville
30.95%
East Ridge
11.90%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 59th?
If...Then Wrote:no your wronng. they scored over 100 cause i remember the crowd going crazy. i have a picture of the score board

but Pikeville will win the 59th because they only lost 1 starter and if Ted Honaker comes back he can replace him. But its hard to come back after a hurt shoulder
so you are 100% sure?? I i think we have a good shot, but we still have to go out and win the games that haven't been played. Hopefully things will turn out for the best, but you never know.
If...Then Wrote:no your wronng. they scored over 100 cause i remember the crowd going crazy. i have a picture of the score board

but Pikeville will win the 59th because they only lost 1 starter and if Ted Honaker comes back he can replace him. But its hard to come back after a hurt shoulder

Um, did you forget that Shelby Valley didn't lose any starters from last year? Not saying they will definitely take the crown, but that kinda shoots down your reasoning as to why Pikeville will win it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will just go ahead and say that Valley will not run away with the district or region. However, I think that there is a gap between Valley's team and Pikeville's. Therefore I think both the district and region will go to Valley. I think this season will be Valley winning with Pikeville right behind pushing them all year long.
who is er's coach? Do they themselves expect to do good this year?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I will just go ahead and say that Valley will not run away with the district or region. However, I think that there is a gap between Valley's team and Pikeville's. Therefore I think both the district and region will go to Valley. I think this season will be Valley winning with Pikeville right behind pushing them all year long.
That's why I would think by the end of the year It will be Pikeville Valley 1-2 in the region because Pikeville will be pushing to catch SV and SV will be pushing to styaye ahead of Pikeville. Should be an exciting year!!
SVLadiesFan Wrote:who is er's coach? Do they themselves expect to do good this year?

Eric Ratliff is the head coach.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You did not answer my question. I do not doubt that SV could come into Pikeville and get a win just the same as I don't doubt that Pikeville could go into SV and get a win. My question was where would you rather play the game? I know I'm going to get an answer like "It doesn't matter where blah blah blah...." but anyone knows you would rather play at home.

Anyone would rather play on home court. Who wouldn't? You practice there daily, closer to home, more fans will attend. Duh
Pikeville and Shelby Valley are the two best teams in the region IMO. BUt until Pikeville proves that they can beat SV then SV should still be the favorite. I am pulling for you Pikeville, but to be the best you gotta beat the best. And right now that is SV.
bigpun Wrote:Pikeville and Shelby Valley are the two best teams in the region IMO. BUt until Pikeville proves that they can beat SV then SV should still be the favorite. I am pulling for you Pikeville, but to be the best you gotta beat the best. And right now that is SV.

Yes and I believe they can do it with their 2006 starting lineup. That wont happen if Daniel Harmon doesnt play. He says hes not, guess its just football fever again
valley will win this year but pikeville will be pretty close behind
More Cowbell Wrote:I would have to disagree with you again. To me the seating at each place is fairly equal, except that Valley's seats are newer. They each have about the same number of chair-backed reserved seats. I actually think that Pikeville's gym has a higher overall capacity, due to Valley having to cut out the middle of their upper sections when the gym was first built (to comply with fire codes).

I will also say that there isn't a bad seat at Pikeville's gym either, but I do think that there are some places in the end zone section at Valley where the view is partially obstructed by the goal.

I will agree with you on one point, and that's about the heat in Pikeville's gym. It always seems like when you have a tournament in there that packs the place, the temperature feels like about 100 degrees and can be somewhat uncomfortable.

end zone?

Pikeville has the biggest AC unit ive ever seen. You'd think it be freezing cold in there
If...Then Wrote:end zone?

Pikeville has the biggest AC unit ive ever seen. You'd think it be freezing cold in there

You're probably the only one on here who didn't know what I was talking about. What would you call the section in Valley's upper arena behind the ball goal?

As for the other part, even if they do have the biggest A/C unit, that gym is still pretty hot when it's packed! You definitely have to wear short sleeves and maybe shorts to see a post-season game there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree, Pikeville's gym is incredibly hot during those winter games.
i would have to say Valley will pull it off. I just dont think that Pikeville can handle the gaurds and athleticism Valley has.
If...Then Wrote:Yes and I believe they can do it with their 2006 starting lineup. That wont happen if Daniel Harmon doesnt play. He says hes not, guess its just football fever again
I also heard that Tyler Baker wasn't playing. It has nothing to do with football as to why they aren't playing. I talked to them both about it and they are just kind of burnt out on basketball and some of the behind the scenes stuff that others on here don't know about. Harmon is one of the most exciting kids to watch whether it be baseball, basketball, or football. I hate to not see him play because he is such an asset to the team but he is big enough to make his own decisions as to what he plays.
bigpun Wrote:I also heard that Tyler Baker wasn't playing. It has nothing to do with football as to why they aren't playing. I talked to them both about it and they are just kind of burnt out on basketball and some of the behind the scenes stuff that others on here don't know about. Harmon is one of the most exciting kids to watch whether it be baseball, basketball, or football. I hate to not see him play because he is such an asset to the team but he is big enough to make his own decisions as to what he plays.

Knowing Coach Williams he'll find some way to get them to play for him. lol

I never said he wasnt big enough to make his own decisions
More Cowbell Wrote:You're probably the only one on here who didn't know what I was talking about. What would you call the section in Valley's upper arena behind the ball goal?

As for the other part, even if they do have the biggest A/C unit, that gym is still pretty hot when it's packed! You definitely have to wear short sleeves and maybe shorts to see a post-season game there.

I figured out the other day that those were Heaters! LOL. Yes Especially in the 59 Championship Pikeville had a huge student sectoin. talk about hot!
i would have to say Valley. they lost no starters and won it last year. unless someone steps up with GREAT playing and D. Shelby Valley has this one.
If...Then Wrote:I figured out the other day that those were Heaters! LOL. Yes Especially in the 59 Championship Pikeville had a huge student sectoin. talk about hot!

Pikeville did have a huge student section that night, as did Valley. In fact when those two teams play each other in the post-season, you can pretty much guarantee that they will fill up any of the local high school gyms around here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Valley lost nobody and if Daniel harmon and Honaker dosn't play, then dont expect to see Pikeville close to Valley
David has dropped out of KHSAA play, so the district site should start over and return to Valley unless someone wants to screw us over, last year was at Pikeville, year before that ER, so now with a 3 team district it should be back at Valley.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:David has dropped out of KHSAA play, so the district site should start over and return to Valley unless someone wants to screw us over, last year was at Pikeville, year before that ER, so now with a 3 team district it should be back at Valley.

is it gonna go best season record gets bye as usual?
The 59th is at Shelby Valley this year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
If...Then Wrote:is it gonna go best season record gets bye as usual?

Best district record gets the bye, and an automatic bid to regionals.

I'd say a lot more people will agree on SV winning the 59th once they see the district tournament is at Valley, they haven't lost at home in several years.
bigpun Wrote:I also heard that Tyler Baker wasn't playing. It has nothing to do with football as to why they aren't playing. I talked to them both about it and they are just kind of burnt out on basketball and some of the behind the scenes stuff that others on here don't know about. Harmon is one of the most exciting kids to watch whether it be baseball, basketball, or football. I hate to not see him play because he is such an asset to the team but he is big enough to make his own decisions as to what he plays.
I talked to Baker and he told me he was not playing. I hate to see that because he gets valuable minutes off the bench and is an excellent rebounder.
Harmon and Baker are definately not playing basketball. Harmon is a solid player but has never worked on his game much. I think Williams saw this coming a long time ago so he has worked Clark and Burchett's a$$$$e$ off. He hired a strength and conditioning coach last spring which has really helped these young kids, especially the big kid Adams. Baker is an average player at best. There was no way he could start for this team so he saw the writing on the wall. I think Williams even told Baker to hit the road last summer. One thing about Bart, if they show signs of a bad attitude they will be sitting in the stands. I honestly don't think he cares if Harmon plays either, due to the fact that he is so high on his young guards! He loves those kids and basketball is their only sport so he is probably making a good long term dedision by starting them as sophomores!
bball fan Wrote:Harmon and Baker are definately not playing basketball. Harmon is a solid player but has never worked on his game much. I think Williams saw this coming a long time ago so he has worked Clark and Burchett's a$$$$e$ off. He hired a strength and conditioning coach last spring which has really helped these young kids, especially the big kid Adams. Baker is an average player at best. There was no way he could start for this team so he saw the writing on the wall. I think Williams even told Baker to hit the road last summer. One thing about Bart, if they show signs of a bad attitude they will be sitting in the stands. I honestly don't think he cares if Harmon plays either, due to the fact that he is so high on his young guards! He loves those kids and basketball is their only sport so he is probably making a good long term dedision by starting them as sophomores!

Shan Housekeeper. Lives in Georgetown. I went to his training and boy is it brutal. He yells at you if you fail to do a task even the littlest bit.

Harmon is good but just dont seem to care. He always tries though.
If...Then Wrote:Shan Housekeeper. Lives in Georgetown. I went to his training and boy is it brutal. He yells at you if you fail to do a task even the littlest bit.

Harmon is good but just dont seem to care. He always tries though.

Before my sophomore year he trained Valley for football, and I'll tell you he is pure hell, he kicked my butt all off season long, yells like crazy, real intimidating guy.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Before my sophomore year he trained Valley for football, and I'll tell you he is pure hell, he kicked my butt all off season long, yells like crazy, real intimidating guy.

yes indeed. That man could bench press me and u together in football gear
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Best district record gets the bye, and an automatic bid to regionals.

Is that defininite that the top seed gets a bye into regionals? That is the system that makes the most sense, but I remember a few years ago when those same teams had to do that stupid three-team draw where getting the bye actually put your team at a disadvantage. You also had situations in both the 59th and 60th districts where a team won the title while sitting in the stands. Ridiculous if you ask me, and hopefully we'll never see that again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]