Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 14th Region for next season
Godspeed Wrote:Who will be the transfers from PCC?

Klay Maggard already transfered to Buckhorn and Chirs Noble is going to from what i heard and a few more players that were freshman this year.
thedarkside Wrote:1. jbs
2. breathitt
3. hazard
4. buckhorn
5. pcc
6. letcher central
7. estill
8.jenkins
9. knott central
10. leslie
11. powell
12. lee
Nice list did you even watch any 14th region ball this past season?
Extra Strength Wrote:Gosh, I'm pretty sure that the parents who send there kids to JBS are smarter than that. Wonder why every player that ever played at JBS doesn't go to ALC then?
Im sure they're very smart just the people telling them these things have been at it a long time and are very good at it, can be very convincing. They're several more standard lines used I am sure many parents have heard as well.
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont think Short has a chance and Collins is about like Orbzut, just tall. He might get to play for Tubby lol

You are apparently just a hater but for your knowledge Short and Collins both will probably end up at Georgetown College. Happy Osborne has told a number of people that he is really impressed with the Short kid and Transy has also expressed interest. I promise you that Collins will have a number of schools to chose from. Osborne watched both of them play in the 5th/3rd and other places this year and told many people that he would take Collins,Short,and Cox. The game Happy came to watch in the 5th/3rd Short had 18 points,16 rebounds and 7 blocks. Collins had 10 points and 12 blocks and Cox had 19. ALOT OF THESE kids would score many more points at another school but it is hard when you have that much talent on one team...
Extra Strength Wrote:Hum, now lets see, every JBS player that's wanted to play college ball at ALC has played at ALC. I think you might need to be doing a little more research on your story, because that is a bunch of bull. The basketball coach at ALC recruits his players just like every other college coach, and he brings in who he wants--JBS or not.

That is very true and I think he signed a kid from Knott Central today...
uk96 Wrote:You are apparently just a hater but for your knowledge Short and Collins both will probably end up at Georgetown College. Happy Osborne has told a number of people that he is really impressed with the Short kid and Transy has also expressed interest. I promise you that Collins will have a number of schools to chose from. Osborne watched both of them play in the 5th/3rd and other places this year and told many people that he would take Collins,Short,and Cox. The game Happy came to watch in the 5th/3rd Short had 18 points,16 rebounds and 7 blocks. Collins had 10 points and 12 blocks and Cox had 19. ALOT OF THESE kids would score many more points at another school but it is hard when you have that much talent on one team...
I agree
RavenBoy Wrote:More like 2 players will play college ball and Alice lloyd dont count either.

I actually dont think any of these kids will play at ALC but if they do they would get a free education and have fun in the process...
uk96 Wrote:You are apparently just a hater but for your knowledge Short and Collins both will probably end up at Georgetown College. Happy Osborne has told a number of people that he is really impressed with the Short kid and Transy has also expressed interest. I promise you that Collins will have a number of schools to chose from. Osborne watched both of them play in the 5th/3rd and other places this year and told many people that he would take Collins,Short,and Cox. The game Happy came to watch in the 5th/3rd Short had 18 points,16 rebounds and 7 blocks. Collins had 10 points and 12 blocks and Cox had 19. ALOT OF THESE kids would score many more points at another school but it is hard when you have that much talent on one team...
I also seen Cox and Stepp both have single digit scoring in a game, Does that mean they suck NO. Anyone can have 1 good game. Your right I am a hater because all JBS has is Stepp and Cox.
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont think Short has a chance and Collins is about like Orbzut, just tall. He might get to play for Tubby lol
Now that makes me MAD. If someone had worked with Collins, instead of using him to set screens for Stepp he could have taken some points away from the young prince. Collins has impressed more people than you know. When he plays where players pass him the ball he doubles his scoring. Some people see his potential. Some people just want to have a Stepp show. Personally, I don't enjoy a two player game. Short had a good year last season, but he will only be used this year in the circus at JBS.
You think that it wouldn't be an honor to play for Tubby? I guess you think the Stepp brothers are better as coaches .That being the old Stepps.
what?
powell county will be good next year...but not as good as they were this year...they lost to much leadership and talent
This thread is about rating the 14th region next year....NOT about JBS players and the Stepps...:ref1:
NightFlier Wrote:Im sure they're very smart just the people telling them these things have been at it a long time and are very good at it, can be very convincing. They're several more standard lines used I am sure many parents have heard as well.
The only people ever getting on here saying that they were offered anything by JBS or ALC are the people who get on here and talk crap about JBS all the time and who don't have a kid going to JBS. I think they say their kid was offered something from JBS just to make themselves look good. I personally know several parents of JBS basketball players--none of them were offered anything. Kinda funny, isn't it?
timeout Wrote:Now that makes me MAD. If someone had worked with Collins, instead of using him to set screens for Stepp he could have taken some points away from the young prince. Collins has impressed more people than you know. When he plays where players pass him the ball he doubles his scoring. Some people see his potential. Some people just want to have a Stepp show. Personally, I don't enjoy a two player game. Short had a good year last season, but he will only be used this year in the circus at JBS.
Oh boy, here we go again. Collins plays tennis--in the season that the other players are working at the gym--he is on the tennis court. The coaches have tried to get him to play basketball only, but that's his choice, not to be in the gym playing basketball, but to be on the tennis court. So get over it. This again is another attempt by a jealous person to try and cause a rift in the jbs team.
Extra Strength Wrote:The only people ever getting on here saying that they were offered anything by JBS or ALC are the people who get on here and talk crap about JBS all the time and who don't have a kid going to JBS. I think they say their kid was offered something from JBS just to make themselves look good. I personally know several parents of JBS basketball players--none of them were offered anything. Kinda funny, isn't it?

It's easy to say what you want when you're hiding behind an anonymous user name. Everyone on here knows who I am and I still stand behind what I say. And if you don't know who I am I'll tell you. Out of all the parents that you talked to who were not offered anything, do you think they would tell it so Jr. would be ineligible and maybe lose their scholarship? How smart would that be for them? The ones who say what they was offered over there are the ones who dont have anything to lose by saying it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Extra Strength Wrote:Oh boy, here we go again. Collins plays tennis--in the season that the other players are working at the gym--he is on the tennis court. The coaches have tried to get him to play basketball only, but that's his choice, not to be in the gym playing basketball, but to be on the tennis court. So get over it. This again is another attempt by a jealous person to try and cause a rift in the jbs team.
Collins was NEVER worked with as a big man. You don't call a 6'9" Center out to set screens for a point guard. JBS plays a guard game and guess who runs the team and the coaches. Can you blame Collins for wanting out of the gym. Its not as much fun for him as it is for THE point guard.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:It's easy to say what you want when you're hiding behind an anonymous user name. Everyone on here knows who I am and I still stand behind what I say. And if you don't know who I am I'll tell you. Out of all the parents that you talked to who were not offered anything, do you think they would tell it so Jr. would be ineligible and maybe lose their scholarship? How smart would that be for them? The ones who say what they was offered over there are the ones who dont have anything to lose by saying it.
Well, if everyone knows who you are, then why are you hiding behind an anonymous name? Why don't you just put your name on here, so in fact, everyone will know who you are. No, I don't know who you are, so I expect you to reply to this message and tell me, like you said you would. Why would anyone lose there scholarship (that you claiim they have) if they told it? Are you claiming that JBS is doing something illegal? If you are, I dare you, no, I beg you to take it to the KHSAA. Prove it! You know why you don't take it? Because there is nothing to prove and nothing illegal going on. Put your money where your mouth is; otherwise, your accusations mean nothing.
Jenkins will be the team to beat.
Extra Strength Wrote:Well, if everyone knows who you are, then why are you hiding behind an anonymous name? Why don't you just put your name on here, so in fact, everyone will know who you are. No, I don't know who you are, so I expect you to reply to this message and tell me, like you said you would. Why would anyone lose there scholarship (that you claiim they have) if they told it? Are you claiming that JBS is doing something illegal? If you are, I dare you, no, I beg you to take it to the KHSAA. Prove it! You know why you don't take it? Because there is nothing to prove and nothing illegal going on. Put your money where your mouth is; otherwise, your accusations mean nothing.

My name is Marty Adams, I live in Pikeville. That is something that just about everyone already knew anyways. The way JBS does it is legal, but not considered fair. Yes, JBS does give all their basketball players that go to JBS from their 7th grade year to graduation a free college education. Just the same as they do ALL students from JBS that went there for their whole high school and middle school years. Yes, when they was asking my son to transfer over there they said that he would get a free college education if he did. That was the summer before he started 7th grade. It was also told to us that if he went to school there for middle school and high school, then graduated college from ALC that any graduate school or such that he went to would be paid for also.

I put my money where my mouth is, I told who I am, anyone who asks me if I am who I say I am I will tell. It has happened in the past, it will happen in the future. Now, I am not hiding behind a user name.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
timeout Wrote:Collins was NEVER worked with as a big man. You don't call a 6'9" Center out to set screens for a point guard. JBS plays a guard game and guess who runs the team and the coaches. Can you blame Collins for wanting out of the gym. Its not as much fun for him as it is for THE point guard.
Oh, pleeeease--how do you know that Collins was never worked with as a big man? Are you there in the gym every day and know what's going on? Collins, who I happen to know personally, doesn't go to the gym because he wants to play tennis, which if that's what he wants to do, then so be it. And here we go again, trying to say that JBS coaches, etc. are oh- so- bad. Have you been going around with your head stuck up your hind end? I believe with this coaching staff and the type of ball they play, JBS won the WYMT and the 14th region. Obviously, they know what they're doing.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:My name is Marty Adams, I live in Pikeville. That is something that just about everyone already knew anyways. The way JBS does it is legal, but not considered fair. Yes, JBS does give all their basketball players that go to JBS from their 7th grade year to graduation a free college education. Just the same as they do ALL students from JBS that went there for their whole high school and middle school years. Yes, when they was asking my son to transfer over there they said that he would get a free college education if he did. That was the summer before he started 7th grade. It was also told to us that if he went to school there for middle school and high school, then graduated college from ALC that any graduate school or such that he went to would be paid for also.

I put my money where my mouth is, I told who I am, anyone who asks me if I am who I say I am I will tell. It has happened in the past, it will happen in the future. Now, I am not hiding behind a user name.
Well, Marty, I did a little research on you. It seems you know so much about ALC because you went there yourself, and yes, on a basketball scholarship, but didn't finish up at ALC because of academic reasons. And claiming that JBS offers all their 7th grade-senior basketball players a free ride to ALC is the way they get them to go there--well, let me clarify this for you--anybody that plays basketball or goes to school in the Appalachian region can get a free ride to ALC, if they are smart enough to get in and qualify for full financial aid. Don't act like you were told something you didn't already know. If you went to ALC before, you knew who could go there and get what financially. This isn't just told to kids at JBS, but kids at every high school in Appalachia that ALC gets their students from. And, yes, anyone who graduates from ALC and qualifies, helps get their education paid for further. But, again, this is told to every kid that's interested in coming to ALC, from any high school in Appalachia. And several JBS players' parents went to ALC, so they know that that's nothing special. The facts are this: the only kids getting free-rides to play basketball in high school are the kids playing in public schools who are getting their education paid for by the taxpayers--people with JOBS.
NOBODY has ever tried to work with Collins. They just want him to block and rebound. . They will do the scoring. Tennis is not the problem!!! He enjoys tennis. And don't worry about where my head is. I have enough sence not to stick it where it will get punched.
I would like to see extra strength be brasen enough to give his name. I think most everybody know who he is and who he is related 2.
watchinthegame Wrote:I would like to see extra strength be brasen enough to give his name. I think most everybody know who he is and who he is related 2.
Seems like he might be able to check out the records from years back.
Extra Strength Wrote:Well, Marty, I did a little research on you. It seems you know so much about ALC because you went there yourself, and yes, on a basketball scholarship, but didn't finish up at ALC because of academic reasons...

You didnt do quite enough research. I went to ALC for half a semester, then went to the United States Marine Corps, which is what I was wanting to do instead of going to college, but I was to young upon graduating high school. Try doing more research next time will ya? But the facts are this, if you go to the JBS school, your college at ALC is paid for if you get a full basketball ride or not. How many other high schools in the area can say that? Better yet, how many high schools in the area or state even is owned by a college that they can make that deal with? The fact is, when people from JBS talk to players about coming there, they make sure they throw in the free college as a way of trying to talk the parents into it. They found a loop hole in the system to offer student/athletes into going there in a way that public or independent schools cant. Legal according to the KHSAA, yes, because it is offered to ALL students. But on the other hand, them talking to student athletes in a different school district to get them to come there isnt allowed by the KHSAA. But it cant be proven that is why they was talking to them.
watchinthegame Wrote:I would like to see extra strength be brasen enough to give his name. I think most everybody know who he is and who he is related 2.

As far as people on here goes, Alfus 21, Doc Holiday, Wyatt Earp, and a few other of the mods knows who I am, I give them permission to say. I am like you, I am willing to bet that Extra Strength wont say who he is, but then again, I am like you, I think everyone already knows.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:My name is Marty Adams, I live in Pikeville. That is something that just about everyone already knew anyways. The way JBS does it is legal, but not considered fair. Yes, JBS does give all their basketball players that go to JBS from their 7th grade year to graduation a free college education. Just the same as they do ALL students from JBS that went there for their whole high school and middle school years. Yes, when they was asking my son to transfer over there they said that he would get a free college education if he did. That was the summer before he started 7th grade. It was also told to us that if he went to school there for middle school and high school, then graduated college from ALC that any graduate school or such that he went to would be paid for also.

13 kids graduated from JBS last year and all 13 got scholarship offers to ALC. None of these were basketball scholarships but academic scholarships. Two basketball players graduated from JBS this year and neither got an athletic scholarship. Basically all kids are offered what your kid was offered.
I just dont see what the big deal is about them offering scholarships. I mean thats them, If they get into trouble for that I dont really care.
uk96 Wrote:13 kids graduated from JBS last year and all 13 got scholarship offers to ALC. None of these were basketball scholarships but academic scholarships. Two basketball players graduated from JBS this year and neither got an athletic scholarship. Basically all kids are offered what your kid was offered.

I know, that is what I was saying all along, JBS tells parents if their kids goes to high school there they get free college at ALC. The two basketball players that graduated might not have gotten a basketball scholarship, but they still had the chance to attend ACL free of charge because they went to JBS, isnt that right? That is one of their recruiting tools that they use, but it is allowed with the KHSAA because it is offered to all students, not just athletes. But it is a recruiting tool all the same.