3.Breathitt Co
4.Hazard
5.Buckhorn
6.Perry Central
7.Jenkins
8.Letcher
9.Powell
10.Cordia
Kinda early for this lol but the top teams to watch out for the 07-08 season imo is
1.JBS ( Defending Champs, Return everyone but Conley and Childers)
2.Buckhorn ( Got 2 very good transfers from PCC, and deff the MOST underated team in the region)
3.Breathitt ( Young team, return a lot from last year including the two leaders in Smith and Hollan)
1. JBS
2. Breathitt Co.
3. Buckhorn
4. Estill Co.
5. Hazard
6. Perry Co.
7. Powell Co.
8. Knott Co.
9. Letcher Co.
10. Cordia
i think it will be:
1-JBS
2-Breahit
3-Knott Central
4-Buckhorn
5-Powell County
6-Perry Central
7-Estill
8-Hazard
9-Letcher
10-Cordia
1. JBS - No doubt
2. Brethitt- upcoming champs
3. Buckhorn- Good Transfers
4. Perry Central- Beat Jbs in reg seasons dunno who they lost though.
Sports Critic Wrote:4. Perry Central- Beat Jbs in reg seasons dunno who they lost though.

Two Starters in Tyler Bailey, Justin Stacy, and other seniors Health Breahear and Joe Begley but they lost Klay Maggard and Chris Noble to Transfer.
sry but with pcc coach leavin i dont thnk they should be above hazard. even if hazard got a new coach too. & pcc lost 2 of their top players last year.
bell2010 Wrote:sry but with pcc coach leavin i dont thnk they should be above hazard. even if hazard got a new coach too. & pcc lost 2 of their top players last year.

Hazard lost Justin Hicks and Matt Williams dont you think thats two of their top players from last year?..I think losing Hicks hurts Hazard more than losin Bailey hurts PCC.
MVP2 Wrote:Two Starters in Tyler Bailey, Justin Stacy, and other seniors Health Breahear and Joe Begley but they lost Klay Maggard and Chris Noble to Transfer.

Where did they transfer to?
1. Hazard
2. Breathitt
3 .PCC
4.KCC
4. Lee Co
5. JBS Call me crazy but time will tell.
5.Letcher Central
looks good to me
what next Wrote:1. Hazard
2. Breathitt
3 .PCC
4.KCC
4. Lee Co
5.Letcher Central
OK, you're crazy!:lmao:
what next Wrote:1. Hazard
2. Breathitt
3 .PCC
4.KCC
4. Lee Co
5.Letcher Central

I would hope that the reason you picked JBS 5th was that you think that some of the
JBS players were going to leave. I have bad news for you that even though some did give thought to transferring all of them have decided to return for next season and
they will be much better next year than this year. This has the pontential to be one of the best teams to come out of the mountains in a long time. It is unusual for a high school to start 5 players that will play college ball at some level. They should be fun to watch.
Perry, Knott, and Hazard isnt going to mount to much next year.
uk96 Wrote:I would hope that the reason you picked JBS 5th was that you think that some of the
JBS players were going to leave. I have bad news for you that even though some did give thought to transferring all of them have decided to return for next season and
they will be much better next year than this year. This has the pontential to be one of the best teams to come out of the mountains in a long time. It is unusual for a high school to start 5 players that will play college ball at some level. They should be fun to watch.
More like 2 players will play college ball and Alice lloyd dont count either.
is every1 sure that the jbs players r staying......from what ive heard...a few mite b on the way out..or at least exploring their options
uk96 Wrote:I would hope that the reason you picked JBS 5th was that you think that some of the

Isnt that why some are JBS, because they are told if they play ball there they get free college at ALC?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Isnt that why some are JBS, because they are told if they play ball there they get free college at ALC?
Everybody that goes to ALC from the Appalachian area gets their tuition paid for at ALC. A basketball player from JBS will go to ALC free only if he gets a full-ride basketball scholarship, or his financial aid he applys for pays his way.
Extra Strength Wrote:Everybody that goes to ALC from the Appalachian area gets their tuition paid for at ALC. A basketball player from JBS will go to ALC free only if he gets a full-ride basketball scholarship, or his financial aid he applys for pays his way.

I know that, but when they try to get a ball player to come in, that is one of their selling points. I know it was told to us when they was trying to get our son to go over there starting his 7th grade year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know that, but when they try to get a ball player to come in, that is one of their selling points. I know it was told to us when they was trying to get our son to go over there starting his 7th grade year.
Yeah, I bet. Who exactly were you told that by? I surely hope to goodness if you were told that by somebody who knew what they were talking about that you sent your son there so he could get a free college education, as well as a private school education.
Extra Strength Wrote:Yeah, I bet. Who exactly were you told that by? I surely hope to goodness if you were told that by somebody who knew what they were talking about that you sent your son there so he could get a free college education, as well as a private school education.

One of the higher up's at JBS with very close family ties to ALC. And nope, didnt send him there because I kinda thought it was just going to be make Clark and Clint look good show. He is alright as far as colleges goes. He is only in the 10th grade and already been offered by Pikeville College. He spends just as much time in their open gym and stuff as the college players do.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know that, but when they try to get a ball player to come in, that is one of their selling points. I know it was told to us when they was trying to get our son to go over there starting his 7th grade year.
Dont feel special thats one of their standard lines when trying to get kids to come over there, untelling how many eastern ky kids have heard that one when the truth is ALC is tuition free to everone anyway.
I know night, that is the whole point I was trying to make about all their players in high school going to be playing college ball. It really doesnt mean as much for a high school team to be able to say that when that is a done deal when they play at a high school that is owned by a college.
RavenBoy Wrote:More like 2 players will play college ball and Alice lloyd dont count either.
I disagree with you here. Clark will play college ball, Cox will play college ball, Collins with his size will land somewhere, and Short has a shot of playing at a small school, possibly ALC but heck its still college basketball.
1. jbs
2. breathitt
3. hazard
4. buckhorn
5. pcc
6. letcher central
7. estill
8.jenkins
9. knott central
10. leslie
11. powell
12. lee
MVP2 Wrote:Kinda early for this lol but the top teams to watch out for the 07-08 season imo is
1.JBS ( Defending Champs, Return everyone but Conley and Childers)
2.Buckhorn ( Got 2 very good transfers from PCC, and deff the MOST underated team in the region)
3.Breathitt ( Young team, return a lot from last year including the two leaders in Smith and Hollan)
Who will be the transfers from PCC?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:One of the higher up's at JBS with very close family ties to ALC. And nope, didnt send him there because I kinda thought it was just going to be make Clark and Clint look good show. He is alright as far as colleges goes. He is only in the 10th grade and already been offered by Pikeville College. He spends just as much time in their open gym and stuff as the college players do.
Wow, that's amazing! He must really be awesome. Congratulations to him. I wonder how the JBS "higher ups" knew your son was gonna be such a great player when he was in the sixth grade? I guess the same way those who were there back years ago knew all those kids were gonna be good when they were in preschool and offered them scholarships as well.Smile
NightFlier Wrote:Dont feel special thats one of their standard lines when trying to get kids to come over there, untelling how many eastern ky kids have heard that one when the truth is ALC is tuition free to everone anyway.
Gosh, I'm pretty sure that the parents who send there kids to JBS are smarter than that. Wonder why every player that ever played at JBS doesn't go to ALC then?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I know night, that is the whole point I was trying to make about all their players in high school going to be playing college ball. It really doesnt mean as much for a high school team to be able to say that when that is a done deal when they play at a high school that is owned by a college.
Hum, now lets see, every JBS player that's wanted to play college ball at ALC has played at ALC. I think you might need to be doing a little more research on your story, because that is a bunch of bull. The basketball coach at ALC recruits his players just like every other college coach, and he brings in who he wants--JBS or not.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I disagree with you here. Clark will play college ball, Cox will play college ball, Collins with his size will land somewhere, and Short has a shot of playing at a small school, possibly ALC but heck its still college basketball.
I dont think Short has a chance and Collins is about like Orbzut, just tall. He might get to play for Tubby lol