Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central '07
warriorpride Wrote:Yea but enought talk about tolsia, PC will go the average and win 4-5 games.
I guess the tribe have already stamped their ticket to papa johns this year???
Hawkman05 Wrote:I guess the tribe have already stamped their ticket to papa johns this year???

Yea Smile lol.
What players will PC have to replace next season??

Do they have people ready to fill the spots??
Insight Wrote:What players will PC have to replace next season??

Do they have people ready to fill the spots??

There losses were Varney ar running back and Carter at full back, Central will have close to 18 or 19 4 year seniors.
Did they loose any linemen?
Insight Wrote:Did they loose any linemen?

they basicly have there whole line back and they will be big upfront, they may have the biggest line in their district if they stay healthy
i seen them going 4-5 at best, they have lost varney and a few lineman and possibly merchant.
they did not lose one lineman all of them were juniors or sophmores last year
CG#20 Wrote:no he wasnt Gordon Varney was PC main Threat Meade will replace Varney at back and Buckley is mostly just a defensive player

He would've been if they wouldn't of moved him to qb...even though he did good at that position
#5 wont be playing for the hawks this year and i know for sure...i talk to him everyday because he lives right beside me and he said that he didn't want to play for coach mac...hopefully the hawks will have a good replacement.
the hawks will be ok this i think they will go 7-3 this year..
this new offense will actually show some of the talent the hawks have been hiding..
SnakePliskin Wrote:i seen them going 4-5 at best, they have lost varney and a few lineman and possibly merchant.

the hawks will replace varney. they did not lose any lineman. merchant is a good football player but he was a big part of the hawks turnover problem last yea he averaged 4 turnovers a game last year for the hawks
hawkwild11 Wrote:the hawks will replace varney. they did not lose any lineman. merchant is a good football player but he was a big part of the hawks turnover problem last yea he averaged 4 turnovers a game last year for the hawks

yes that is true he always had a problem holding on to the ball
it would be nice to have merchent on D, but he can be replaced. I heard that Meade will take over at Rb and also heard he was a better back than varney. They will have two good qbs to replace #5 and all the lineman and recivers are coming back, if the hawks are well conditioned, i see them giving some people a run for there money.
Hawkman05 Wrote:it would be nice to have merchent on D, but he can be replaced. I heard that Meade will take over at Rb and also heard he was a better back than varney. They will have two good qbs to replace #5 and all the lineman and recivers are coming back, if the hawks are well conditioned, i see them giving some people a run for there money.

Merchant was definitely the most talented and athletic person on the team other than Varney, Merchant's spot can be filled, but he as a player cannot be replaced.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Merchant was definitely the most talented and athletic person on the team other than Varney, Merchant's spot can be filled, but he as a player cannot be replaced.

Their was alot more athletic ppl on that team with Ratliff Hampton Meade Gibson Buckley
Hawkman05 Wrote:I guess the tribe have already stamped their ticket to papa johns this year???

this dosent really make no sense
Hawkman05 Wrote:it would be nice to have merchent on D, but he can be replaced. I heard that Meade will take over at Rb and also heard he was a better back than varney. They will have two good qbs to replace #5 and all the lineman and recivers are coming back, if the hawks are well conditioned, i see them giving some people a run for there money.

you cannot replace a gordon varney, but with the new offense varneys role will be sperad across more players. the recivers that the hawks have will give alot of defense's fits, nichols is a tall guys who can go a get the ball at any place on the field, ratliff is one of those guys who can take a screen route all the way to the house, he is a real speedster
the hawks defense will be very good also they only lost one player on that def.
champion24 Wrote:this dosent really make no sense

you may want to proof read your post befor you say you do not understand someone elses. But to clarify for you, he/she meant that some ER fans are acting like ER will be playing in the State Finals right now befor they have even played a game.

hawkwild11 Wrote:you cannot replace a gordon varney, but with the new offense varneys role will be sperad across more players. the recivers that the hawks have will give alot of defense's fits, nichols is a tall guys who can go a get the ball at any place on the field, ratliff is one of those guys who can take a screen route all the way to the house, he is a real speedster

Im kind of nervous about this new offence, at QB they will have two decent kids one and upper classmen who has took a season off and whos footwork was weak when he did play. Then you have a Sophmore who got minimal reps last year as a varsity player and who may not be composed enough yet to read the defence and to be able to find the holes in the defence. With Joe Nichols he is a very tall receiver with great hand but he is so slow he is only a threat along the goal line and on short routes.
hawkwild11 Wrote:you cannot replace a gordon varney, but with the new offense varneys role will be sperad across more players. the recivers that the hawks have will give alot of defense's fits, nichols is a tall guys who can go a get the ball at any place on the field, ratliff is one of those guys who can take a screen route all the way to the house, he is a real speedster

A lot of people said JC couldn't replace Ron Blume a 2,000 yard runner from 2 years ago then a kid by named Grim stepped up and rushed for over 2,200 yards. You never know who may step up and replace Mr. Varney let's hope so. Good Luck HAWKS
Old School Wrote:A lot of people said JC couldn't replace Ron Blume a 2,000 yard runner from 2 years ago then a kid by named Grim stepped up and rushed for over 2,200 yards. You never know who may step up and replace Mr. Varney let's hope so. Good Luck HAWKS

True.. VERY TRUE
They might have a decent season
IF WV sports is like it used to be pc will beat tolsia we used play chapmanville and matewan in baseball and mercy rule them they was ranked in top 5 but things may have changed.
Tolsia was the runner-up in AA last year, lost to Wayne in the finals. Knocked off #1 seed James Monroe to advance to the finals.
I think they will do about like they normally do.
rallo316 Wrote:IF WV sports is like it used to be pc will beat tolsia we used play chapmanville and matewan in baseball and mercy rule them they was ranked in top 5 but things may have changed.

Pc will NOT beat Tolsia
rallo316 Wrote:heard good things from PC they will make playoffs 2nd maybe Belfry will still be Belfry and win district.

Don't count them before they are hatched. Coach Mac does have a huge amount of potential on this team, but Sheldon Clark is also in that district ( I think this year they play at Sheldon) and have their sites on the title as well.
Here is a run down on Tolsia, it will be like playing Belfry, they are a very good and sound team. They loose alot every year and they always replace..........I will find out about what they return and how good they will be if any PC fans want, I have my connections in Tolsia haha.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Here is a run down on Tolsia, it will be like playing Belfry, they are a very good and sound team. They loose alot every year and they always replace..........I will find out about what they return and how good they will be if any PC fans want, I have my connections in Tolsia haha.

Tolsia Could beat Belfry, they are nothing like Belfry. There stonger, faster, and overall better than belfry.
warriorpride Wrote:Tolsia Could beat Belfry, they are nothing like Belfry. There stonger, faster, and overall better than belfry.
You seen them play last year, year in and year out them and Belfry is pretty well even. Tolsia normally isnt quiet as good as Belfry though but close.