Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O.J. Mayo Cited for Marijuana Possession
Redneck Wrote:Oh IDK, ask Oden or Durant how they handled the pressure when they were in high schoolRolleyes .
Disagreeing with everything I have read on here I would still take Oden over durant!!
Weird how I never heard anything on Lebron James.
Arbys Man Wrote:Weird how I never heard anything on Lebron James.
He is one in a million.OJ will be a lottery pick year after next,,,write it down
Old school Dawg Wrote:Disagreeing with everything I have read on here I would still take Oden over durant!!

IDK man, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one. Durant is very, VERY athletic, he can do it all.
15thRegionX Wrote:OJ is making a bad name for himself before he even gets to college.

He made a bad name for himself way before this happened IMO, but this one tops it all. This is a sad situation for such a promising player.
The worst thing we ever did in high school was drink beer, and we sure didn't drive around doin it.
Old school Dawg Wrote:He is one in a million.OJ will be a lottery pick year after next,,,write it down
What does that have to do with OJ being in trouble all the time.
Redneck Wrote:IDK man, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that one. Durant is very, VERY athletic, he can do it all.
Time will tell my friend.I will stay with Oden.
They said the same thing when randy Moss came out of rand west virginia,,,too much trouble and he will be in the pen before he gets the chance to make it.I think the same thing about Mayo.Everything blown way out of proportion.
Redneck Wrote:The worst thing we ever did in high school was drink beer, and we sure didn't drive around doin it.
Yea but you were washing down pills with that beer redneck,,hehe
Old school Dawg Wrote:Yea but you were washing down pills with that beer redneck,,hehe

Hell no, I don't even take tylenol when I got a headache. I aint never done nothin but drink beer.
Head like you have,,, got to hurt too,,so i commend you on your toughness!!
Just kidding you about popping pills.A true redneck only drinks beer.Old Milwaukee too!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Head like you have,,, got to hurt too,,so i commend you on your toughness!!

LOL... My head aint really that big, just got alot of hair, lol.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Just kidding you about popping pills.A true redneck only drinks beer.Old Milwaukee too!

Well, I have kinda spoiled myself on Bud Light so that's all I'll drink unless there isn't any available. Use to drink Papst all the time, lol. I kinda miss it, gonna have to get together with the boys and buy a couple cases of it like old times and remenise (sp.) about the good ole days.
When you coming back down and visit us at meadowfork?
Old school Dawg Wrote:When you coming back down and visit us at meadowfork?

This comin week. I gotta good deal for Austin if he wants it.
he is a trouble some asset to any team and cannot seem to follow the rules, he did not hit a ref i agree with tht, but he has to understand that he is not above the rules or LAW. The school needs to put a suspension on him or punich him in a way it hurts him the most and he learns not to do this again.
when did this turn into a redneck amd old dawg reunion???...lol
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:he is a trouble some asset to any team and cannot seem to follow the rules, he did not hit a ref i agree with tht, but he has to understand that he is not above the rules or LAW. The school needs to put a suspension on him or punich him in a way it hurts him the most and he learns not to do this again.
He might as well of pushed the ref. He was chasing after him. Got close enough that it looked like it.
you should be your kids' role model Arby...and OJ mayo is alot bigger in high school than Kevin Durant and Greg Oden were...I remember Kevin Durant coming to east ridge as a freshman and no one had heard of him. I heard of OJ Mayo when he was in 8th grade.
Arbys Man Wrote:He might as well of pushed the ref. He was chasing after him. Got close enough that it looked like it.
You must be on drugs.They are even considering taking that refs license away for his dive!
All_Sport#1 Wrote:when did this turn into a redneck amd old dawg reunion???...lol
We go out on one date and he thinks we going steady? hehehe
I think OJ problem is he has no guidance. He has been raised by his mom and stepdad and that guy is an idiot. I have been around the family a lot over the past couple years coaching against him at Rose Hill and at North College Hill. Maybe OJ is just planning on trying out for the Bengals so he is getting an early start on his criminal record.
Not sure O.J. really understands what he is capable of or he just doesn't care. A fantastic future ahead of him but unfortunately I think this is another one of those cases of could, woulda, shoulda but didn't. I hope I'm wrong.
MAYO IS A THUG.....anybody that even tries to take up for him is BLIND. i do not believe he hit a ref, but he carried a gun, got caught wit weed, always in trouble at school, always in trouble in society. OJ Mayo is a great basketball player but he is not going to make it anywhere if he keeps this up. Such a wasted talent
It sounds like OJ is at the same time
a fairly decent kid, a kid in need of
some guidance, a kid in need of listening
to some guidance, a kid hanging out at
least a little in "gangsta rap" type culture.
All these things at once. When the "fifteen
minutes of fame" comes so early, it is often
the case that the spotlight is too bright for
the decision making abilities of youth. I
wonder if superstar athletes sort of internalize
that there are two sets of rules, then a police
officer is often the one who disabuses them of
that notion.
I watched the story as soon as it broke on WSAZ and from what they said, he did NOT have the pot on him.... he was in a vehicle that was pulled over and it was in it. None of the other passengers (including OJ) didn't claim the pot so they charged them all. It was not in his pockets, in his coat, in his bag, or on him at all. He is a young kid who many (including the press and himself) have brought the spotlight too and EVERYTHING he does, the communities are made aware of. If this had been any other player we would have probably never even heard about it. I'm not saying he isn't guilty.... I'm just saying that he evidently is a kid who does decently in school in order to keep playing, does outstandingly in basketball and will more than likely have a free ride to his choice of college..... He needs to keep his head on straight and walk the right path if he wants to be in the "spotlight" for the right reasons!!!
Sounds to me like a typical teenage screw up. I have teenage kids and if you think that all of them are angels then you are sadly mistaken. As others have said he is just scrutinized more because of the media.

How many of us did stupid stuff like this when we were younger? I would venture to guess quite a few.

How many got caught? Probably several.

How many made the news? I would say very few because we were just average kids and didn't warrant a news article about our screw ups.
Midee1 Wrote:Sounds to me like a typical teenage screw up. I have teenage kids and if you think that all of them are angels then you are sadly mistaken. As others have said he is just scrutinized more because of the media.

How many of us did stupid stuff like this when we were younger? I would venture to guess quite a few.

How many got caught? Probably several.

How many made the news? I would say very few because we were just average kids and didn't warrant a news article about our screw ups.

AMEN!!! Nice post Midee!!!
BTW... where have ya been????