Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: O.J. Mayo Cited for Marijuana Possession
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
HUNTINGTON — O.J. Mayo was one of four young males cited for misdemeanor possession of marijuana late Friday night at the 2200 block of 10th Avenue, Cabell County Sheriff's Deputy Doug Adams said.
Adams, who was working in a Cabell County Sheriff's drug task force unit assigned to serve a search warrant at a house on the 2200 block of 10th Avenue, said a suspicious car was pulled over with Mayo inside.
"This was unrelated, but the car kept circling the area and was stopped," Adams said. "Along with Mayo, there were three other people in the car. The driver had a small amount of marijuana on him, and in the back of the car in a spare set of shoes was more marijuana."
Inside the car were three adult men and one juvenile. Mayo, the 19-year-old Huntington High senior hoops star, was seated in the front passenger seat of the car that Adams described as a Cadillac.
Adams said all four individuals were cited with simple possession because none of the passengers claimed ownership of the marijuana. Adams did not recall the names of the three other passengers but said they were not Huntington High basketball players.
Mayo was not arrested or taken into custody. He will have to appear in Cabell Magistrate Court, but the date for his appearance could not be confirmed.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/6419092.html
Ok he gets in fights at school, carries a gun on him, hits a ref and now gets caught smoking weed. Yea hes a good guy isnt he.
thug
For some reason it dosn't surprise me.
every post on here is typical of rednecks.He hit a ref,,that is the biggest lie.and he was not arrested.
Nice... Smile
haahahahh
I know I'm a redneck or am I. I'm confused
Were all rednecks guys but gee whiz your way off on Mayo!Im just agrivated from watching Pikeville and SV on TV.High School basketball is looking pretty pathetic if tonights game is typical of Mountain teams!
everybody makes mistakes hes just in the spotlight so his are put right out in the open for every body to see and criticize him about. maybe hes a thug, maybe not. nobody on here knows the guy and you all know nothing about him. hes still just in high school and is gonna mess up from time to time.
If in your in the spotlight like him you shouldnt even be doing stuff like that. At least be smart enough to hide it.
I have been around him alot and hes not a thug.A very polite young man compared to most tennagers.
OJ is making a bad name for himself before he even gets to college.
Arbys Man Wrote:If in your in the spotlight like him you shouldnt even be doing stuff like that. At least be smart enough to hide it.
He sure should not have been a car with people with Pot.Maybe a black kid being in a cadillac with 3 other black kids might be normal to a black kid in the black community.
ohh but hes an angel.
15thRegionX Wrote:OJ is making a bad name for himself before he even gets to college.
With alot of help from the press!!
He is either a angel or a thug,,gee whiz
Old school Dawg Wrote:He sure should not have been a car with people with Pot.Maybe a black kid being in a cadillac with 3 other black kids might be normal to a black kid in the black community.
Black or White why would you put yourself in all those situations?
Lack of intelligence I guess pal
How can anyone handle the pressure hes under anyway? I dont know what I would do If my name was being thrown around on National TV all the time and people were buying my jerseys on EBAY...He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Give him a break. He wasn't arrested and he hasn't hurt anyone so I dont see the big deal.
You mean No Commen Sense
cig107 Wrote:How can anyone handle the pressure hes under anyway? I dont know what I would do If my name was being thrown around on National TV all the time and people were buying my jerseys on EBAY...He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Give him a break. He wasn't arrested and he hasn't hurt anyone so I dont see the big deal.
Have your ever heard of Role Models before? When you have kids get back at me.
OJ,s dad has spent alot of his time in the big house!!!
Arbys Man Wrote:Have your ever heard of Role Models before? When you have kids get back at me.

How is he a role model at 17 years old and playing high school basketball? Maybe your kids should have role models like lebron james or someone that is old enough to buy cigarettes.
cig107 Wrote:How is he a role model at 17 years old and playing high school basketball? Maybe your kids should have role models like lebron james or someone that is old enough to buy cigarettes.
Why would I want me kids to smoke Cigs? So your saying that hes not going to be a role model and when he does become one it dont matter about his past?
He's a thug and everyone knows it, now he can go be a thug out in Cali. Way to start sinking that ship you could be riding all the way to the top OJ!
No hes a very polite young man that pushes refs down.
Old school Dawg Wrote:every post on here is typical of rednecks.He hit a ref,,that is the biggest lie.and he was not arrested.
who said he was arrested nobody and he does have to appear in court ... one would think the people he has around him would try to tell him to steer clear of situations such as this . who knows maybe they have but he wont listen, this whole situation doesnt suprise me at all
cig107 Wrote:How can anyone handle the pressure hes under anyway? I dont know what I would do If my name was being thrown around on National TV all the time and people were buying my jerseys on EBAY...He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Give him a break. He wasn't arrested and he hasn't hurt anyone so I dont see the big deal.

Oh IDK, ask Oden or Durant how they handled the pressure when they were in high schoolRolleyes . Him and the other guys shoulda been arrested but they weren't probably cause of who he is which is BS. I have seen people get arrested just for havin a joint on em, hell these guys had a couple bags.
I didnt say he was angel.He sure isnt a thug.
Pages: 1 2 3