Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshman girls?
Brandy Brown at AC and Jarrell girl from Paintsville.
Holly Harris and Hannah Thompson.

They have matured a lot over the past couple of years playing for Pike Central, and they still have a lot of room to grow. They both are exceptionally good players for their age and see a lot of varsity time.
pickin'_n_grinnin Wrote:Turner from Owsley

she doesn't play for the jv team that much.But I think that she is the beast jv from owsley.
Owsley his alot of young players this year. There is D.Marshall, A.Wilson, C.Brandenburg,and P.Wright. If they work together they can be a great team but they are going to have to start working as a team not ONE.
#00 Mika Turner from Owsley County is one of the best role players i have seen in a long time.the lady owls are lookin good for years to come
whistlegirl35 Wrote:Owsley his alot of young players this year. There is D.Marshall, A.Wilson, C.Brandenburg,and P.Wright. If they work together they can be a great team but they are going to have to start working as a team not ONE.

As a team? Hmm...I've not really thought of that. I think if they could get their offense set up every time down the court they would be doing even better. Once T. Gilbert is back in the game they will settle down some IMO. There is a lot of talent in this team that I can see, they've just got to keep their heads up Smile :Cheerlead
Definately Holly Harris and Hannah Thompson from Pike Central.

Harris sometimes makes me think shes a post inside of a garud body. Have you ever seen her just take it in and lay into those "mighty giant posts" and just let them have it? Shes not even scared.

Thompson has improved some this season too. I think she was a little shakey towards the beginning of the season, but thats just probably because she was fresh, and new back to basketball. (Remember back at belfry last year when she tore her ACL?) She's just now getting back to playing full throtle. Shes doing terrific.

ALSO : Someone who I think has been improving a whole heck of a lot is Kayla Ratliff, also from PC. It's like she has learned to shoot! I think she's had it in her all along, its probably just a boost of confidence thats brought it out of her. She has a great outside shot! Its unbelieveable.
Knott County Central has alot of younger players.
Sammy King, and Kelli Pratt are both very good freshmans. They often start on varsity. KCC has alot of middle school kids to, i have heard.
Shandra Thomas started for KCC against Breathitt tonight.
Shes good, along with her teammates. Keisha Perkins, Keisha Slone, and Sasha Pike are all strong scorers for the freshman team. All made it in the "All-tourney" in the Betsy Lane tournament over the weekend.
They will have a great team in a couple of years.
youngstar14th Wrote:Knott County Central has alot of younger players.
Sammy King, and Kelli Pratt are both very good freshmans. They often start on varsity. KCC has alot of middle school kids to, i have heard.
Shandra Thomas started for KCC against Breathitt tonight.
Shes good, along with her teammates. Keisha Perkins, Keisha Slone, and Sasha Pike are all strong scorers for the freshman team. All made it in the "All-tourney" in the Betsy Lane tournament over the weekend.
They will have a great team in a couple of years.

Those girls are all going to be good but I think some people make a big deal out of them when they aren't all that good. Pike is out of control. She takes bad shots and about all she has going for her is she plays pretty good defense most of the time. She is bad about fouling. She will go at someone till she hits them. Slone isnt very strong and needs to bulk up for size. Perkins is going to be a very talented player in a couple of years. KCC is making a big deal out of Thomas just because she is tall. She really isnt that good. But I have always thought being tall is an excuse for not being good enough. If you are tall you are always going to have an advantage.
I seen Knott County's Freshman play once or twice and there not that talented. Keisha Perkins isn't a very good point guard. She makes alot of youth mistakes. Keisha Slone has a terrible attitude, along with Sasha Pike. I heard that Shandra Thomas had an injury and only showed up for 2 practices and then is now starting on varsity? That makes no since to me but it's the coaches Opinion. But just like the_chosen_one said, in a couple of years they will be really good. But for Sammy King and Kelli Pratt. There good basketball players and they deserve to be where they are at on varsity. Also, for Pikeville, Holly Harris and Hannah Thompson, they are really good and will def. be a big threat for Pikeville in the next couple of years.
basketball_rookie23 Wrote:I seen Knott County's Freshman play once or twice and there not that talented. Keisha Perkins isn't a very good point guard. She makes alot of youth mistakes. Keisha Slone has a terrible attitude, along with Sasha Pike. I heard that Shandra Thomas had an injury and only showed up for 2 practices and then is now starting on varsity? That makes no since to me but it's the coaches Opinion. But just like the_chosen_one said, in a couple of years they will be really good. But for Sammy King and Kelli Pratt. There good basketball players and they deserve to be where they are at on varsity. Also, for Pikeville, Holly Harris and Hannah Thompson, they are really good and will def. be a big threat for Pikeville in the next couple of years.

I completely agree with you on everything you just said. Perkins will get better. I absolutely hate the way the Pike girl plays. Slone never has had a good attitude. And i just talked to one of the girls from KCC and yes she went out with an injury and was only suppose to been out for 8 weeks which is 2 months. She got hurt in mid October. Hadnt been to a practice until Tuesday of last week. And she started against Breathitt and I think KCC's coach got a reality check about Thomas when she was whopped all over teh court by Shouse.
You are talking about a bunch of young girls, grade school girls. THey are playing against high school kids. Keisha Slone 8th, Thomas 8th, Keisha Perkins 8th, and Sasha Pike 7th. They will get better with time.
Megan Hamilton - Betsy Layne
ballgirl4 Wrote:jbs has all freshman on there team this year....they have had 3 scrimmages and have won them all riverside jacksoncity and allen central... its not a huge accomplishment but its a start... i dont see much happening with them this year but in 2 or 3 years they will be pretty good

i agree :Thumbs:

kayla short is one of those freshman and she is one of the hardest working players out there..she is such a good ball handler to be so young and she does well under pressure...sheena slone is another freshman that proves to b a huge scoring factor for jbs seeing that she can shoot the lights out..and maris hovee is tall and good n the post, and can also play other positions..she just needs to get a little stronger..good luck to the lady crusaders!
country boy 27 Wrote:#00 Mika Turner from Owsley County is one of the best role players i have seen in a long time.the lady owls are lookin good for years to come
I really dont think she is a good ball player i was watching the other night the owsley powell game and i was going to say that it would be tough game but #51 i think from powell balled all over Mika Turner
ballgurl00 Wrote:I really dont think she is a good ball player i was watching the other night the owsley powell game and i was going to say that it would be tough game but #51 i think from powell balled all over Mika Turner

Turner didn't have a good game that night!!! Everyone has off nights. Turner is an outstanding shooter and has an awesome vertical jump for her height. Turner is a true all around athlete and is one of the best freshman players in the 14th region.
Holly Harris and Hannah Thompson from PC
Kendra McFarland is Definatly an AWESOME player.. Stevie Rogers is also very good.. along w/ Meghan Mays and Lyndsey Roe