Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshman girls?
What are some good potetial freashman girls heatin up the court this season?
Holly Harris for Pike Central she is a force to be reckoned with IMO she is a true court commander to be so young...
Stevie Rogers for powell is pretty good, as well as Kendra McFarland, Also from powell
ur_#1_fan Wrote:Stevie Rogers for powell is pretty good, as well as Kendra McFarland, Also from powell

ive heard of this stevie rogers. i friend of mine says she balls all over the guys during his p.e. class. so i would think she has good potential and kendra mcfardland ive seen her play. she a beast and can handle the ball down low. i think both of these will be good players and girls we need to look for in the future
pirateguy10 Wrote:ive heard of this stevie rogers. i friend of mine says she balls all over the guys during his p.e. class. so i would think she has good potential and kendra mcfardland ive seen her play. she a beast and can handle the ball down low. i think both of these will be good players and girls we need to look for in the future

True, both quality players
South Floyd and Betsy Layne have some good young players
I belive staten from belfry will contribute to varsity some this year
im not familiar with any other freshman
Turner from Owsley
Freshamn from powell are all good players. Kendra McFarland had improved so much and has alot of expirence under her belt concidering shes started varsity sence 7th grade. Other freshman include Meghan Mays, Lyndsey Roe, Stevie Rogers and Kasey Reed.
Jarrell From Paintsville
Belfy's Staten will see varisty playing time if she preforms the way she did at camp Harris from PCC is a great freshman player
I agree nothin-but-net all of them have come along way all have seen varsity playin time except kasey reed but how people talk she might just pull it off and see some playin time on varsity thiss year if she can out bet savahana thrope and kendra McFarland
Kasey Reed will have to gain some strength if she wants some varsity playing time. I see Lyndsey Roe gaining some playing time if she keeps up the effort. Kendra McFarland is becoming even better as she gets older, she is a big contribution to powells rebouding and scoring. Stevie Rogers has been seeing some playing time as well.
jbs has all freshman on there team this year....they have had 3 scrimmages and have won them all riverside jacksoncity and allen central... its not a huge accomplishment but its a start... i dont see much happening with them this year but in 2 or 3 years they will be pretty good
Stevie Rogers from Powell is good and where she is just a freshman that gives her more time to get better. But she really helps the varsity team out. I think with her and Kendra Mcfarland and Meghan Mays they will see a lot more playing time on varsity if they keep it up.
I hear a little talk about the lady crusaders also...i dont think they are awsome from what i heard last year they really didnt do anything, but i've heard that they've won 3 scrimages...little teams, but its something. in a couple of years maybe they could be looking forward to plenty of wins. they have a new coach to so maybe this could change some opinions
Nothing-but-Net Wrote:Kasey Reed will have to gain some strength if she wants some varsity playing time. I see Lyndsey Roe gaining some playing time if she keeps up the effort. Kendra McFarland is becoming even better as she gets older, she is a big contribution to powells rebouding and scoring. Stevie Rogers has been seeing some playing time as well.
I agree kasey reed is a good ball player if she got some strength lyndsey roe has worked really hard to get where she is and kendra is a awsome ball player she contributes alot to varsity and will for freshmen team to!
Betsy Layne have 4 real good freshman 3 of them got to start last year in the district as 8th graders and the other came off the bench and played a lot of minutes
EKYSPORTS Wrote:Jarrell From Paintsville
She had 16 points coming off the bench in Paintsville's opener against Pburg.
Everyone Says If She Could Get More Floor Time She Would Be A Big Shot In The Arm For The Lady Tigers..........
EKYSPORTS Wrote:Everyone Says If She Could Get More Floor Time She Would Be A Big Shot In The Arm For The Lady Tigers..........

They've played one game and she had 16 points. How can EVERYONE be saying anything after one game?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Holly Harris for Pike Central she is a force to be reckoned with IMO she is a true court commander to be so young...

I agree, but ur forgot about Hannah Thompson
East Ridge has 3 very good freshman this year in Conley, Swindall and Sawyers. Conley and Swindall has started the last 2 games that ER has played.
CG#20 Wrote:I agree, but ur forgot about Hannah Thompson

my bad i forgot lol i thought she was a soph when i was running all of them through my mind
I heard that Lyndsey Roe performed very well for powell in their scrimage against bath and their season kick off against cordia.
Cox from Lawrence Co. she should be back soon.
Staten from Belfry will be one of the top 9th graders you will get a chance to see play,if you can go out and watch her,she has good speed,knows how to play defense,and can play the point,2G,SF
pickin'_n_grinnin Wrote:Turner from Owsley

I most definently agree. Mika Turner from Owsley County. She has been playing on varsity for I believe 3, possibly 4 years (correct me if I'm wrong.) Shes a key starter to their team, driving hard to the basket and making plays really happen. IMO shes one of the best freshmens in the 14th. She can push the ball and make her shots. Her biggest weakness is fouling, but shes a tough contender. I think she makes a great ball player, and will be pretty unstoppable by the time she is a senior.
#00 Mika Turner from Owsley County.
I think Holly Harris is good, and so is Hannah Thompson they are alot of talent at central as freshman they have like 8 freshman on varsity but alot of them don't get alot of playing time right now hopefully that will change and people will get to see it for themselfs imo.