Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANK THE 15TH REGION AS OF NOW
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Oh brother. Some of you people kill me. I'm not basing my records on performances against Prestonsburg. Let's look here at some things.
Paintsville ( 12-13)

Lost to SF (14-14) by 2
Lost to Pikeville (8-19) by 1
Lost to SV (21-5) by 23
Lost to Betsy Layne (16-9) by 13
Lost to Prestonsburg (16-9) by 15
These are not numbers of a team that is the 3rd ranked team in the region.

South Floyd (14-14)

Lost to Betsy Layne (16-9) by 15
Lost to Magoffin Co (4-21) by 5
Lost to Betsy Layne (16-9) by 5
Lost to Prestonsburg (16-9) by 13

Numbers of a top 5 team but not #3. South Floyd is a quality team with some quality wins, but I just don't see them as a #3 team. They are good however and are capable of being there come tourney time. A better chance than Paintsville IMO.

And chill Bill_Don, I'm just pickin on ya son. :wink:

What quality wins does SF have that Paintsville's hasn't matched. Paintsville SWEPT the 57th District in the regular season. Paintsville beat Pikeville when they were healthy, and only lost by 1 when they had two players out, lost at SF when VanHoose and Bundy was out, lost at Betsy Layne without VanHoose and Bundy, lost to SV without Vanhoose and Bundy, although Paintsville wouldnt have won with those players, it definately would have been a better, much closer game, no excuse for the Pburg game, Pburgs defense shut Paintsville down. The fact is that Paintsville has beat most of the top teams in the region except SV and Pburg, it don't matter what their record shows, they are definately a top 5 team in this region.
"Showtyme" Wrote:1. SV (12-1 in region play)
2. Pburg (12-4 in region play)
3. JC (10-4)
4. Belfry (7-3)
5. BL (10-5)
6. ER (7-5)
7. Painstville (9-6)
8. SF (8-6)
9. PC (7-7)
10. Pikeville (5-13)
11. SC (4-10)
12. Magoffin (3-11)
13. Phelps (2-6)
14. AC (0-15)

Very, very close. This looks like the best I've seen.
i think everyones Rankings got messed up last night with the WIN by PC over Belfry does everyone agree.
I think PC should be somewhat higher in the rankings, but I believe Belfry is more consistent than PC. PC seems to play down or up to the level of there competition. Belfry is usually consistent every outting!
u could b right
They are consistent but if they have one more unconsistent night its packin the bags and heading home for the pirates.
good point
I have to agree Showtyme has the best rankings thus far, except PC should be in the top 5 now seeing they beat Belfry.
Here are my rankings after some of the 1st round district games being completed.

1.) Valley
2.) P-burg
3.) Johnson Central
4.) Pike Central
5.) East Ridge
6.) Paintsville
7.) Belfry
8.) Betsy Layne
9.) South Floyd
10.) Sheldon Clark
11.) Pikeville
12.) Phelps
13.) Magoffin Co.
14.) Allen Central
1) SV
2) Pburg
3) JC
4) BL
5) PC
6) ER
7) Belry
8) SF
9) Paintsville

The rest doesnt matter because there is only one team on this list that wont make it to the region.
1.) Valley
2.) P-burg
3.) Johnson Central
4.) East Ridge
5.) Pike Central
6.) Paintsville
7.) Belfry
8.) Betsy Layne
9.) South Floyd
10.) Sheldon Clark
11.) Pikeville
12.) Phelps
13.) Magoffin Co.
14.) Allen Central
PC jumped up in everyones rankings very quickly now :-) YAY they will most likely have a TOUGH first round game though
"NothingButNet" Wrote:1) SV
2) Pburg
3) JC
4) BL
5) PC
6) ER
7) Belry
8) SF
9) Paintsville

The rest doesnt matter because there is only one team on this list that wont make it to the region.
You had the smiley face in exactly the right spot because they were smiling all the way home.
"Wyatt Earp" Wrote:You had the smiley face in exactly the right spot because they were smiling all the way home.

That was probably the funniest post I've ever read. :lol:
These rankings seem good to me...
rankings seem good?
BL still above SF...lol and fourth at that?
Okay after all the 1st round games completed.
As far as records go:

1.) Valley
2.) Prestonsburg
3.) Johnson Central
4.) East Ridge
5.) Belfry
6.) Pike Central
7.) South Floyd
8.) Paintsville

Massey's Power ratings:
1.) Valley .608
2.) East Ridge .257
3.) Prestonsburg .238
4.) Belfry .159
5.) Johnson Central .130
6.) Pike Central .100
7.) South Floyd .006
8.) Paintsville -.030

My rankings would be like this:
1.) Valley
2.) Prestonsburg
3.) Johnson Central
4.) East Ridge
5.) Pike Central
6.) Belfry
7.) Paintsville
8.) South Floyd
"15thRegionFan" Wrote:I think PC should be somewhat higher in the rankings, but I believe Belfry is more consistent than PC. PC seems to play down or up to the level of there competition. Belfry is usually consistent every outting!

Belfry has lost 3 in a row at wrong time of the year...consistency may be out the door.
Guys Guys Guys. Who beat PBurg for the 58th title tonight? Who won the All 'A' Tourney? Who won a game in Richmond?

BL is going to stomp South Floyd, haha! When SF played them first game of the 58th Tourney we beat them 20, if we play like we did against BL no team in the 15th region can handle us. Nobody.

You all was giving Pburg the 58th championship. Who took that right out of their hands? Everyone was saying, Pburg Pburg Pburg, but ya know now it's all about South Floyd, watch out Valley.
LMAO! Watch out Valley? LOL. Don't get too used to winning there pal. Your glory days will be over next game you play. GUARANTEED! :wink: You didn't take it out of P-burg's hands, they handed it to you by going 9-29 from the foul line, and the stupid foul at the end that was called for by the coach. Dumbest decision in the history of basketball.
My rankings still stay the same.
Thats the good thing about being a faithful fan is sticking up for your team with loyalty. Prestonsburg hopefully will get another shot next week and if they don't they have had a decent season. South Floyd has lots of confidence in themselves right now and the players know what it takes to win tournaments which was proven tonight. Prestonsburg has been ranked pretty good in the ratings lately and they deserve it. South Floyd is still somewhere around 9th and loving it. I think I will rate them about 12th and try to see if this will motivate them some more. I really liked the way the crowd of kids stayed together and cheered for P-Burg tonight and I thought it really intimidated the Raiders when they made the run starting in the 3rd period. Ryan Johnson came real close to missing those two free throws as one almost hit the rim. What was that foul about and why at that time of the game? I think I will question that Doc, However I can't say it made me mad.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:LMAO! Watch out Valley? LOL. Don't get too used to winning there pal. Your glory days will be over next game you play. GUARANTEED! :wink: You didn't take it out of P-burg's hands, they handed it to you by going 9-29 from the foul line, and the stupid foul at the end that was called for by the coach. Dumbest decision in the history of basketball.
My rankings still stay the same.

Give SF some respect..your post is ignorant. Like you really know how good they will do in the tournament, unless you have a time machine. I guess i should start calling you Marty McFly since you "know" so much about what will happen next week. You talked about how Prestonsburg would basically dominate the game, and buddy you were wrong. Any team can win on any given night, and you can make all of the excuses you want, but that will not change anything that happened. Prestonsburg has a talented team, and so does SF....SF just had the better game tonight, which is obviously hard for you to admit. I guess that is understandable after my team (Paintsville) got beat also. I kind of know how you feel, but i am willing to show respect to JC. :evil:
Wyatt u are right in how people stick up for their teams but sayin Pburg handed SF the game??? come on... SF didnt shoot no better from the line... and yes that foul at the end was stupid but how about blowin ur leadin the fourth? i guess that was when Pburg was handin the game over...
Superman I'm showing respect to South Floyd. Saying P-burg didn't dominate the game tonight would be crazy to say. They had a double digit lead the whole way through until 6:30 to go in the 4th when SF started fouling P-burg and sending them to the line. Smart move on SF's part. SF is a good team. I will admit that, but you will never hear me admit that SF took the game from P-burg because that didn't happen. Any team who had a commanding lead the whole game, and dominated the whole game, then turns around and gets beat in the final seconds is handing the opposing team the victory. Anyone will agree with me on that. SF done a great job of hanging in there and not getting too far down. Coach Hall has done a great job with this bunch all season and I congratulate them on the win. That's not hard for me to do at all. But, I just don't see SF making it past anyone in the region unless they draw Paintsville in the first Rd. That's just my opinion though. I'm still frustrated with the foul at the end of the game. I can understand fouling if SF had a shot at an easy layup, but they were dribbling at half court. SF didn't shoot well all night long, so take a chance on getting beat on a buzzer beater instead of handing them 2 freethrows. I just don't understand why any coach would do that. Ignorance on Coach Crisp's part. All of our fans were stunned whenever we seen the foul. Craziness I guess. But congrats SF and Coach Hall on the victory and good luck in the regional tournament. How cool would it be to see these 2 meet up in the regional championship? Be a great game I do know that much.
Shouldn't this thread be closed since there is now a "Rate the 8 teams in the 15th"??? Since they are the 15th Region as of now???
Yea I agree with ya.