7.) Paintsville
8.) Pike Central
9.) Betsy Layne
10.) Pikeville
11.) Sheldon Clark
12.) Phelps
13.) Magoffin Co.
14.) Allen Central
Wouldn't have SF that close to the top... maybe by putting JC at # 4 and Paintsville at #6 and sliding SF down to #7 would make that list perfect.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:1.) Valley
2.) P-burg
3.) Belfry
4.) South Floyd
5.) East Ridge
6.) Johnson Central
7.) Paintsville
8.) Pike Central
9.) Betsy Layne
10.) Pikeville
11.) Sheldon Clark
12.) Phelps
13.) Magoffin Co.
14.) Allen Central

i think this is the first time that i have disagreed with u hahaha

1.) Valley- has been and will stay #1 until beaten
2.) P-burg- Playing great ball and are playing like last years team.
3.) Belfry- Is playing good could b playing better. Tough game on Mon.
4.) ER- Playing good ball needs to take the ball out of ABs hands a lil bit during tourny time and someone else needs to play as a threat.
5.) PC- Playing decent ball right now and always play good in tourny time. Could move up in rankings with a win on Mon.
6.) JC- A good team just not playing up to potential.
7.) SF- Havent played in a while which will hurt them. Will have to play big in district to make up for so long off.
8.) P-Ville- I just think they are to young as of now and will get nervous and break.
9.) BL- A good team just never do get it done during tourny time.
10.) Pikeville- Have played bad all season long needs to step up now had a good game against AC.
11.) Sheldon Clark- Has played weak all season but can b an upset team.
12.) Phelps- Could b an upset team in District tough to beat them at home.
13.) Magoffin Co.- Could b tough to beat remmember last year!
14.) Allen Central- Most disappointing season in a long long time.
1.) Valley
2.) P-burg
3.) Belfry
4.) Johnson Central
5.) East Ridge
6.) South Floyd
7.) Paintsville
8.) Betsy Lane
9.) Pike Central
10.) Sheldon Clark
11.) Pikeville
12.) Phelps
13.) Magoffin Co.
14.) Allen Central

Johnson Central is an on and off team, they have some good wins over Pburg and Belfry and some losses that they should have won.
Valley
Pburg
Johnson Central
South Floyd
Belfry
East Ridge
Pike Central
Betsy Layne
Paintsville
You have to have BL closer to the top i mean they are on a 4 game winning streak and they have gotten hot here lately. Plus you cant have paintsville and SF over them because they have beaten both of them. Iwould put BL as 4 or 5 IMO.
If I thought BL was better then the teams above them then I would have them closer to the top
IMO all those teams are about the same quality.
1. SV (only lost 1 region game)
2. P'Burg (very good team Quick and Strong)
3. Belfry (Athletic)
4. ER (not heard a lot about them but they are still a good team with AB)
5. BL (starting to get hot again looking to get into the region again)
6. JC (a good team when they play as a TEAM)
7. PC (got a good inside and out game)
8. SF (its according to what team shows up and havent played in awhile)
9. Paintsville (young but have a good coach)
10. Magg. (flying under the radar but could have an upset for JC)
11. Phelps (best year they have had in awhile)
12. SC (if they get hot watch out but they arent playing good right now)
13. Pville (big dissapointment)
14. AC (struggling this year)
15. Piarist (theyre not really even in the region)
1. Shelby Valley (Record speaks for itself, only one loss in region play.)

2. Prestonsburg (Most athletic team in the region, it's about their usual time to turn it on and make a run, if they play like they are capable of then they could most definately win the region.)

3. Paintsville (After the loss to Pburg everyone is doubting them, it don't matter how young they are, they are definately a contender, beat JC twice and ER.)

4. Johnson Central (Have the size, athletes, and experience to make alot of noise in March, just up to them, they gotta want it.)

5. East Ridge (Aaron Brahnam is one of the best players in the region, they have been playing some good ball lately, if everyone steps up they could be a dangerous team to play.)
Paintsville has been beat to many times for them to be a #3 seed i mean the loss to prestonsburg wasnt the only one that they have suffered.
Another loss for them came early in the year and was a 17 i think point loss to PC
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Another loss for them came early in the year and was a 17 i think point loss to PC

WHAT, buddy you are smokin somethin, Paintsville had that game won then the inexperience kicked in, they lost by like 4, nowhere near 17 :roll: .
"NothingButNet" Wrote:Paintsville has been beat to many times for them to be a #3 seed i mean the loss to prestonsburg wasnt the only one that they have suffered.

Yeah they have lost quite a few games, but when you look at their schedule you might see why, yeah they might have a few cake games on there but who doesn't. They lost 3 games at Hylton Head, SC where NOONE in the 15th region would have won, they lost to Louisville Manual who is in the top 15 in the state, another team NOONE from the 15th could beat, lost to North Laurel who NOONE in the 15th could beat. Lost to Lee County by 1 point who also beat Johnson Central, lost to Harlan by 2 points the morning after they played a hard fought game at Magoffin County, lost at South Floyd, lost to Pikeville in the All "A" without Bundy, VanHoose, and Hensley playing hurt, lost to SV without VanHoose, Bundy, and Hensley playing hurt.

They have lost 6 games within the region, should have only lost 2, 3 at the most, the rest of the losses came against high quality opponents. You can say the are young and will fold all you want, Runyon won't let it happen and neither will these boys, they are young and got nothing to lose, they will bring everything they got from here on out.
Okay now Bill_Don. Let's not push it with Paintsville being #3. LOL I mean they will be good next year and the year after and the year after, but this year they aren't #3. They were #7 in last weeks poll for me and they will stay #7 at least until after districts. If they make it out of districts (which is likely to happen) they will move up on my list. But I can't give a team credit by losing to P-burg by 15. My rankings are kinda like the top 25. You win you move up, you lose you move down. I don't base it on records alone. Look forward to reading your reply. LOL :wink:
well...i think valley is one. The rest, are well, even.
Paintsville has lost to BL also so if you want to go by that all 3 of those 58th teams are better than them.
First off, Paintsville lost their first 3 games by a total of 5 or 6 points. At PC, the first game of the season which I attended, Paintsville had the lead the majority of the game until they started making mental errors which is expected by a young group. Anyway....

Shelby Valley
Prestonsburg
South Floyd (Becuase they played good at the All A)
Belfry
Paintsville
East Ridge
Johnson Central
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
Magoffin Co. (sleeper, if they get by JC then could possibly make noise)
"Bill_Don" Wrote:1. Shelby Valley (Record speaks for itself, only one loss in region play.)

2. Prestonsburg (Most athletic team in the region, it's about their usual time to turn it on and make a run, if they play like they are capable of then they could most definately win the region.)

3. Paintsville (After the loss to Pburg everyone is doubting them, it don't matter how young they are, they are definately a contender, beat JC twice and ER.)

4. Johnson Central (Have the size, athletes, and experience to make alot of noise in March, just up to them, they gotta want it.)

5. East Ridge (Aaron Brahnam is one of the best players in the region, they have been playing some good ball lately, if everyone steps up they could be a dangerous team to play.)

You sure your username isn't Bill Mike? :lol: No way Paintsville is at #3. Maybe in the next few years, but not this year.
"JKWON33" Wrote:First off, Paintsville lost their first 3 games by a total of 5 or 6 points. At PC, the first game of the season which I attended, Paintsville had the lead the majority of the game until they started making mental errors which is expected by a young group. Anyway....

Shelby Valley
Prestonsburg
South Floyd (Becuase they played good at the All A)
Belfry
Paintsville
East Ridge
Johnson Central
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
Magoffin Co. (sleeper, if they get by JC then could possibly make noise)
South Floyd 3rd just because they done good in the All A? LMAO You cannot rank a team just by a 2 or 3 game performance. This goes throughout the season bubby.
Season is over blackcatfan4life, and I ain't your F'n bubby.
"JKWON33" Wrote:Season is over blackcatfan4life, and I ain't your F'n bubby.
You're right the season is over and SF did absolutely nothing to earnt the 3rd ranking.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Okay now Bill_Don. Let's not push it with Paintsville being #3. LOL I mean they will be good next year and the year after and the year after, but this year they aren't #3. They were #7 in last weeks poll for me and they will stay #7 at least until after districts. If they make it out of districts (which is likely to happen) they will move up on my list. But I can't give a team credit by losing to P-burg by 15. My rankings are kinda like the top 25. You win you move up, you lose you move down. I don't base it on records alone. Look forward to reading your reply. LOL :wink:

LoL its interesting how you base things on how teams played against prestonsburg. I also find it interesting that you criticize JKWON33 for his rankings because you do rank teams by a performance or two. Who cares if Paintsville lost to pburg by 15? That means nothing when the tournament rolls around.
"Superman" Wrote:LoL its interesting how you base things on how teams played against prestonsburg. I also find it interesting that you criticize JKWON33 for his rankings because you do rank teams by a performance or two. Who cares if Paintsville lost to pburg by 15? That means nothing when the tournament rolls around.
Actually wins and losses are very good indicators of how a team will fair in the postseason. All BL4Life was saying is they have been beaten alot by some large margins so Paintsville is probably not the team with the 3rd best shot of winning the regional title.
"Instant Offense" Wrote:
"JKWON33" Wrote:Season is over blackcatfan4life, and I ain't your F'n bubby.
You're right the season is over and SF did absolutely nothing to earnt the 3rd ranking.

They won the All A Region, something Valley didn't do. I ranked mine on how the teams will fair IMO in tournament play. I am surely not pro-South Floyd if that's what you're thinking, I could careless how they do...just call things how I see them.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:You sure your username isn't Bill Mike? :lol: No way Paintsville is at #3. Maybe in the next few years, but not this year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :roll: :roll: :roll: . Grow up bomber, I can put Paintsville where ever I feel like it, it is my opinion. I have watched every team in the 15th region play except for Phelps and Piarst, when Paintsville plays like they are capable of they are the 3rd best team in the region IMO.

I don't care if Paintsville did lose to Pburg by 15 BCF4L, you know as well as I do that if Pburg played EVERY game to their full potential like they are capable of then they would beat EVERY team in the 15th region, majority of them by more than 20 points.

Didn't SF and BL beat Paintsville when VanHoose and Bundy were out, and Hensley played on a sprained ankle?
Oh brother. Some of you people kill me. I'm not basing my records on performances against Prestonsburg. Let's look here at some things.
Paintsville ( 12-13)

Lost to SF (14-14) by 2
Lost to Pikeville (8-19) by 1
Lost to SV (21-5) by 23
Lost to Betsy Layne (16-9) by 13
Lost to Prestonsburg (16-9) by 15
These are not numbers of a team that is the 3rd ranked team in the region.

South Floyd (14-14)

Lost to Betsy Layne (16-9) by 15
Lost to Magoffin Co (4-21) by 5
Lost to Betsy Layne (16-9) by 5
Lost to Prestonsburg (16-9) by 13

Numbers of a top 5 team but not #3. South Floyd is a quality team with some quality wins, but I just don't see them as a #3 team. They are good however and are capable of being there come tourney time. A better chance than Paintsville IMO.

And chill Bill_Don, I'm just pickin on ya son. :wink:
1. SV (12-1 in region play)
2. Pburg (12-4 in region play)
3. JC (10-4)
4. Belfry (7-3)
5. BL (10-5)
6. ER (7-5)
7. Painstville (9-6)
8. SF (8-6)
9. PC (7-7)
10. Pikeville (5-13)
11. SC (4-10)