• 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top player ever from your School??
John Cole-Somerset
Ross Deaton-Somerset
Cam Jones-Somerset
HazzBeen Wrote:Chris wasn't a LB, he was a Safety. I will give you Bob and Chris. I just flat out forgot them. Not Jimmy though. Great person and Barber, but not all time best at QB.

He was? I thought he was a LB.... Could have sworn he told me he was when I talked with him about his high school career, but oh well. I know Jimmy wasn't the best ever at Pikeville, but he was one of the best I would think....
For Pikeville

Maybe Brent Coleman?
Steven Bailey was pretty explosive too (although I was young)
What about Brad Hatfield at Belfry or maybe the caudill brothers (Jonah and Micah).
LovetheBucs Wrote:For Pikeville, Maybe Brent Coleman?
This would be a very good pick that you couldn't go wrong with. Brent was unbelieveable.
seth hyden, 93
nick jamerson, 03
matt slone , 01
jeremy caudill, 00'
TRAIN85 Wrote:What about Brad Hatfield at Belfry or maybe the caudill brothers (Jonah and Micah).

Belfry Top 5

Doug Howard
Rick Kestner
James Ramey
Mike Scott
Keith "Chan" Marcum
Belfry - David Jones
Panther#42 Wrote:Don't forget Chris MacNamee at LB and Bob Shurtleff... Jimmy Newsome was a good QB as well if what I heard about him was true

Don't forget DeAnthony Honaker.... he was an awesome lineman in my opinion.... went to UK on scholarship and played center.
^Good, but I don't think anyone would consider him the best. His brother was better than him IMO.
HazzBeen Wrote:^Good, but I don't think anyone would consider him the best. His brother was better than him IMO.
And I agree with you 100%. Position wise let's not forget about Ben Howard and Matt Branham at QB. Throwing the rock there was no one better than those two. IMO of course.
He may not have been as good as Tim, but when you talk about linemen (plural) all time, he is up there.... once again, just my opinion
Also, don't forget Brent Coleman, Greg Hackney, and some of the great running backs in Pikeville's history
FBALL Wrote:Belfry - David Jones

David was great.. but I don't consider him the best to every play at Belfry.. IMHO, I think Doug Howard was better...

Also Micah Caudill was pretty good as well... Had Belfry been playing in 2A then, you may have seen a couple titles when he was there.. He was a dandy
mrfootball03 Wrote:David was great.. but I don't consider him the best to every play at Belfry.. IMHO, I think Doug Howard was better...

Also Micah Caudill was pretty good as well... Had Belfry been playing in 2A then, you may have seen a couple titles when he was there.. He was a dandy

I saw Caudill play. He was a good player but nowhere near as good as Jones.

Doug Howard was good but again Jones was better. In the 2004 semi final between Russell and Belfry, it was Jones who was the difference in that game.

I'll stick with David Jones.
FBALL Wrote:I saw Caudill play. He was a good player but nowhere near as good as Jones.

Doug Howard was good but again Jones was better. In the 2004 semi final between Russell and Belfry, it was Jones who was the difference in that game.

Micah was an amazing back. Left his feet with every contact. I would say Jones was just a bit better. I would say he was faster but Micah was stronger. I don't think Howard was as good as either though.
cats eye Wrote:Micah was an amazing back. Left his feet with every contact. I would say Jones was just a bit better. I would say he was faster but Micah was stronger. I don't think Howard was as good as either though.

Micah was 5'6 and weighed 155 lbs. No way he was stronger.

Howard was the better of the three, hands down. Break it down anyway you want, he had more tools and produced more than all of the above.

Speed - Jones had the edge, but Howard was decidedly faster than Caudill
Vision - Howard
Strength - Howard
Natural Instinct - Howard
Blocking - Howard
Receiving - All 3 were pretty decent receivers
Leadership - Howard
BoondockSaint Wrote:Micah was 5'6 and weighed 155 lbs. No way he was stronger.

Howard was the better of the three, hands down. Break it down anyway you want, he had more tools and produced more than all of the above.

Speed - Jones had the edge, but Howard was decidedly faster than Caudill
Vision - Howard
Strength - Howard
Natural Instinct - Howard
Blocking - Howard
Receiving - All 3 were pretty decent receivers
Leadership - Howard

Yes he was small. He also bench pressed 300lbs. I'm not sure about Jones. But i was guessing he wasn't that strong. I would say Jones is the better receiver. If we are talking about all three Howard is obviously the stronger. But i was just comparing Jones and Caudill. Its a close call between Jones and Caudill but i just like the style of play that Caudill had. He was just a strong, fast , hard nosed runner. His size makes it that much more impressive.
Micah might have been smaller than all of them.. But he hit hardest of the three

Micah had a better vision of the field, and reading defenses..

Micah was stronger than David Jones..

The only thing Micah really lacked was size.. He was alway undersized...

David was hands down quickest player ever from Belfry, but he really lacked in blocking.. along with vision.. He was just atheletic enough to make up for the rest

Doug was the strongest of the three.. David was the weakest... Doug lacked size...
FBALL Wrote:I saw Caudill play. He was a good player but nowhere near as good as Jones.

I've watched every single game each player has played except maybe one or two..

Just because Jones was the difference in that game, doesn't mean he is overall better.. There have been plenty times Jones was shut down, and it depended on Howard to carry the team.. Case in point - 2004 Championship game.. Doug rushed for like over 200 & some yards and like 3TD's against O'Cath...
mrfootball03 Wrote:I've watched every single game each player has played except maybe one or two..

Just because Jones was the difference in that game, doesn't mean he is overall better.. There have been plenty times Jones was shut down, and it depended on Howard to carry the team.. Case in point - 2004 Championship game.. Doug rushed for like over 200 & some yards and like 3TD's against O'Cath...

I liked Jones better.

Much better than Caudill and athletically better than Howard.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Micah might have been smaller than all of them.. But he hit hardest of the three

Micah had a better vision of the field, and reading defenses..

Micah was stronger than David Jones..

The only thing Micah really lacked was size.. He was alway undersized...

David was hands down quickest player ever from Belfry, but he really lacked in blocking.. along with vision.. He was just atheletic enough to make up for the rest

Doug was the strongest of the three.. David was the weakest... Doug lacked size...

I'd bet a million dollars against a penny that you are incorrect on all three in bold. If Micah was known for anything, it sure wasn't hitting.

And he was strong for his size, but I don't think he was pound-for-pound the strongest. Good high-school RB, but he wasn't in the same league as Jones or Howard.
Micah was very good.

Howard First, then Jones were better.

I watched them all play. I played with Micah. I great back, but not Jones or Howard

IMO, J. Caudill was not as good as the underrated Corey Chapman.
LovetheBucs Wrote:Micah was very good.

Howard First, then Jones were better.

I watched them all play. I played with Micah. I great back, but not Jones or Howard

IMO, J. Caudill was not as good as the underrated Corey Chapman.

I concur on all accounts.:thumpsup:
BoondockSaint Wrote:I'd bet a million dollars against a penny that you are incorrect on all three in bold. If Micah was known for anything, it sure wasn't hitting.

And he was strong for his size, but I don't think he was pound-for-pound the strongest. Good high-school RB, but he wasn't in the same league as Jones or Howard.

You gotta be joking Micah would flat out run your ass over and he is definatly one of the greatest running backs to come out of Belfry..you have no clue of what your talking about..
and also don't forget about Maynard..
BoondockSaint Wrote:I'd bet a million dollars against a penny that you are incorrect on all three in bold. If Micah was known for anything, it sure wasn't hitting.

Oh, how wrong you are.. Micah would flat out knock your ass out... He hit hard..
I never said he was the strongest.. you simply arn't reading.. He hit the hardest.. And theres still no doubt about that..

And about Jonah, I really genuinly like Jonah, but he wasn't nowhere near the player his brother was, as so, David & Doug.. I think hes comparible to Corey, but Corey can hold onto the ball a little better..
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next