Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central state contenders or not?
Once King Now Prince Wrote:It's the same thing every year for JC. "They haven't played anyone or haven't been tested." It's rediculous. They made the #14 or whatever QB in the nation throw 3 int's. And last year, when JC was first "tested" against Boyd Co., they were supposed to get beat. And once they dominated Boyd @ Boyd, then it was because Boyd wasn't as good as they're undefeated record lead on to be.

I for one hope that they at least win the Regional Championship, then what now? Bell and Rock must not have been that good huh?

:lmao:
Yes you are right JC is the best team to ever put on a helmet I don't know what I was thinking they shouldn't even have to go to Louisville to get the trophy they should let the Governor bring it down here to them they are that good I guess all the teams up north should go ahead and turn thier pads in:1: :lmao:
PHSCARD Wrote:Are you just that stupid and didn't read my past posts in this thread??? I've been taking up for JC all year long. I said they can't do a thing about the district scheduling and probably signed 2 year contracts with the out-of-district teams. I said JC won't be tested because I think they are head over hills better than anyone on their schedule. Therefore they won't have a game that will actually test their ability in crunch time because they haven't been put in that situation yet or practically the way I see it for a while. I did say that they would defeat Rockcastle Co. if they played them in the region finials didn't I? What was my reasoning, could I possibly have said they had too much offensive fire power? I believe I did, the only team I think that would give them a game this year in the region is Bell Co. But if all things pan out the way I see it, Bell will be making the long trip from Log Mountain to Eagle Field. Read the whole story before posting something like that.

Some people are sensitive PHSCARDS! I know what you ment and I have no ill feelings about it.
OK2NV Wrote:Some people are sensitive PHSCARDS! I know what you ment and I have no ill feelings about it.

:Thumbs: , all I've said is that they are too good for any of their competition to hang with them, thats why they won't be tested until very late in the playoffs.
PHSCARD Wrote::Thumbs: , all I've said is that they are too good for any of their competition to hang with them, thats why they won't be tested until very late in the playoffs.

I wasn't saying that just you were saying that, I was saying that I was tired of hearing it over the past 3 years. So maybe you should pay attention and READ some more too genius.

And Dawg Family, I never said they were the best. If you are a Lawrence Co. Fan, I think you're just sour from the whippin' your boys received.
Once King Now Prince Wrote:I wasn't saying that just you were saying that, I was saying that I was tired of hearing it over the past 3 years. So maybe you should pay attention and READ some more too genius.

And Dawg Family, I never said they were the best. If you are a Lawrence Co. Fan, I think you're just sour from the whippin' your boys received.

Genius, I appreciate the complement. I did read your post, you were talking about this year and one game last year in particular, then you said every year. Well between the time Music left and the time Matney arrived they were at the bottom of the barrell so that could be why some people have said things in the past. Let's face it JC has had a respectable team the past 2 years and change since Matney got there. This year expectations are just as high as what they were last year. I honestly think that this team is the best to walk the halls at JC since the 2000 team. Last years team was good, but more one-dimensional on offense and that was the ground attack of Blume and the QB. This season they have a much more balanced attack. To get anywhere in football these days you have to have a good passing game to go along with an established running game. I think they have both. That's why if they have anything less than a Regional Title, it won't be a disappointing season, but most will know they didn't reach their potential.
Central was good last year, Mabey better, They lost to the 3 seed from Rock's district at Central. Central is good but Hilton and Larkey is a big time challenge come play offs.
Bell almost beat Henry clay and Central hasn't played that kind of comp. I think Central makes a great year in their district and Matney is one of the best.
So is Dudley and Larkey and either will beat Central. Central could go 10-0 but Ashland has beat Belfry and Russell so they could upend Central as well.
The name calling and general childishness stops here and now. Keep the thread about the topic at hand and not about each other or the thread will be closed. Thanks.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Central was good last year, Mabey better, They lost to the 3 seed from Rock's district at Central. Central is good but Hilton and Larkey is a big time challenge come play offs.
Bell almost beat Henry clay and Central hasn't played that kind of comp. I think Central makes a great year in their district and Matney is one of the best.
So is Dudley and Larkey and either will beat Central. Central could go 10-0 but Ashland has beat Belfry and Russell so they could upend Central as well.

Russel tried everyway in the world to give the game away to Ashland and they still would not take it. 1 offensive play in the first quarter and we still lead 7-0... Pitiful.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Well IMO 3A is tougher than alot of 4A teams! Saying that means once JC plays a team like Lex Cath, Boyle Co, Highlands then its all over ! But I think they can go far !
Getum-Choppin Wrote:I think Central wins the district and possibly goes 10-0. Bell and Rock is a different kind of football though.
bell and rock look down but they still are on a different level then anyone jc has played so far.
no offense but jc won't get any respect as a possible state champioship team untill they are leaving papa johns with the win. same thing happened to russell last year.
i think that they will be able to compete with whoever they paly, this is a great team that pretty much has it all!
Kayaker Wrote:Smile Are you kidding me? Daniel Pugh is the only one of that entire team that would see the field for JC. Most of Paintsville's kids choose to go to the city school instead of JC so why would JC need them to be contenders. I think JC is doing just fine without them.

My thoughts exactly!:Thumbs:
They have just as good as a shot as anybody else possibly better by the way they are playing right now.
Yea They Are...THERE REALLY GOOD!!!
t-cat50 Wrote:no offense but jc won't get any respect as a possible state champioship team untill they are leaving papa johns with the win. same thing happened to russell last year.

I couldn't agree more!
Mountain teams hardly ever get the ratings they deserve. The area is weak compared to the Central and western regions.
But good ole Belfry and Russel has put them in their place for a few years now!TongueirateSho
I think if they don't get a big head and they just take it one game at a time then who knows!....I think they could be state contenders
t-cat50 Wrote:bell and rock look down but they still are on a different level then anyone jc has played so far.
JC is on a different level than anyone they've played so far.
Kayaker Wrote:Smile Are you kidding me? Daniel Pugh is the only one of that entire team that would see the field for JC. Most of Paintsville's kids choose to go to the city school instead of JC so why would JC need them to be contenders. I think JC is doing just fine without them.

Yea, me to
I Believe That They Have A Good Team But A State Contender I Do Not See It They Still Have To Play A Much Improving Ashland Team. If They Get By Them Then They Still Have To Contend With Rockcastle And Bell. They May Make It To The Regional Championship But That May Be As Far As They Go. Anyways I Hope They Do Finish Strong And Good Luck Because I Am One Person That Cheers For All Area Teams When It Becomes Playoff Time.
A good team,but no state champions...sorry
maybe the best team in eky but not a state contender in 3a.
TRAIN85 Wrote:maybe the best team in eky but not a state contender in 3a.

They will get a tussle with Bell and Rock. Can win against either one of these teams. I do not think that they are on par with Highlands or Cov Cath YET. Keep up the good work Matney.