Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central state contenders or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is everyones opinion on this Johnson Central team, are they contenders or not? And does anyone know what they are ranked in state 3a?
Si...I belive they may have a shot
Not this season. They're building a great program, but it will take a little bit more time to catch Highlands and Covington Catholic. I believe they were ranked #5 this week in AAA in the AP Poll.
They are a regional contender. Highlands, Cov Cath and Bowling Green are in a different league.
I hope they are.
Let's see them get to a regional title game before we put them in the same class as Highlands, Boyle,et al. They are heading in the right direction but the elite 3A teams are way above the curve.
JCHS has a shot but it is a long shot! They have to win 3 playoff games to get a chance. Who knows when you get to the semi-finals! Anything can happen.
I told one of their players Saturday night, 10-0 regular season, 2 wins in the playoffs at least, I see them 12-1, or 13-1. Region contenders, most definately, state contenders, not this season.
not this year jchs. get all of paintsvilles kids then maybe it could happen.
edited
They are ranked 5th but there is a big jump in talent from 5 to 3,2,and 1...I really don't know if they can win a regional championship...Rock and Bell will be ready to play come November
Region contenders, not State contenders this year..
Rock is a good team, with a pretty solid D, but I think if JC plays them they have too much offensive firepower for Rock. Bell and JC is my prediction in the Regional Final. I believe its the even district's year to host the regional championship as long as they are a #1 seed, if thats the case, JC has all the makings to host the Regional and State Semi game.
not this year. but the way they are going one of thease days they are going to make a lot of people proud
I think that JC is doing good this year...they will make it far in the playoffs.
Just how much more dominating do they have to be.They lost the blume kid but this is a better yean than last year.They are tough on defense and what wins championships? DDDDeeeeeffffennnseee
I think they have a HUGE chance of going to state with the way they are looking right now
I would say if they keep michael tackett and blake johnson heathly they will go far.
I believe they have a shot. The only two teams in AAA that I think are better than this team right now are Highlands and Lexington Catholic. JC probably can't beat them, but people from Johnson County are optimistic and on any given night, anything can happen. We'll just have to see when the opportunity arises.
JC is ona tear right now. They have all the confidence in the world going into district play. I think it's a little early to talk about contending for state but when the time comes... look out for this team. They are not to be taken lightly. Matney is one of the top 10 coaches in the state and he will have them ready. I think they will def. play for a region championship and state title is on their mind right now in Johnson County.:rockon:
have they won state before?
Old school Dawg Wrote:Just how much more dominating do they have to be.They lost the blume kid but this is a better yean than last year.They are tough on defense and what wins championships? DDDDeeeeeffffennnseee
They have dominated every team they have played this year yes but they haven't beaten a really good team as of yet ! Last year they won the games they was suppose to win then lost when they played a team that was just as good as them . Then they lost to a #3 seed in the first round of the play off's . As for this year what I have seen is that JC has a really good team as far as State champs goes well they will have to beat some teams that are just as good as them or better . They might not even see that untill they face Bell or Rockcastle if they get that far with out a real test then the other team would have to be the favorite because they have been there year in and year out they have been that deep in the play offs and they know what to expect. If JC is repersenting us in the region this year then I know they will have the Dawg Family pulling for them . I just wish thier secdule would have been a little tougher to get them ready for teams like Bell and Highlands or Lexington Cath. But when a team gets that far any thing can happen . I think give them a couple of more years then they will make a real run at the state .
SW81 Wrote:have they won state before?

No, I think they have only won one playoff game in school history back in 2000 when that team went 11-1. I honestly think that they will go 12-0 before they get tested. I agree with Dawg Family though, a tougher regular season schedule would have been a nice way to prepare them for a playoff run, but like most teams they sign contracts and things like that for 2 years with most teams, and there is nothing they can really do about the district scheduling. I hope they ride this one out as far as they can, would be nice to walk down the street and watch them and my cousin play. I just hope the lack of quality teams they've played won't get them in a bind. If a team blows out every opponent, like it looks like they will this season, when it gets down to the nitty gritty, how will the team respond to that if they haven't been faced with that before?
PHSCARD Wrote:No, I think they have only won one playoff game in school history back in 2000 when that team went 11-1. I honestly think that they will go 12-0 before they get tested. I agree with Dawg Family though, a tougher regular season schedule would have been a nice way to prepare them for a playoff run, but like most teams they sign contracts and things like that for 2 years with most teams, and there is nothing they can really do about the district scheduling. I hope they ride this one out as far as they can, would be nice to walk down the street and watch them and my cousin play. I just hope the lack of quality teams they've played won't get them in a bind. If a team blows out every opponent, like it looks like they will this season, when it gets down to the nitty gritty, how will the team respond to that if they haven't been faced with that before?

It's the same thing every year for JC. "They haven't played anyone or haven't been tested." It's rediculous. They made the #14 or whatever QB in the nation throw 3 int's. And last year, when JC was first "tested" against Boyd Co., they were supposed to get beat. And once they dominated Boyd @ Boyd, then it was because Boyd wasn't as good as they're undefeated record lead on to be.

I for one hope that they at least win the Regional Championship, then what now? Bell and Rock must not have been that good huh?

:lmao:
I think they could be!!
Once King Now Prince Wrote:It's the same thing every year for JC. "They haven't played anyone or haven't been tested." It's rediculous. They made the #14 or whatever QB in the nation throw 3 int's. And last year, when JC was first "tested" against Boyd Co., they were supposed to get beat. And once they dominated Boyd @ Boyd, then it was because Boyd wasn't as good as they're undefeated record lead on to be.

I for one hope that they at least win the Regional Championship, then what now? Bell and Rock must not have been that good huh?

Which is very much true.... almost. Boyd County was 4-1 coming into the Johnson Central game last year. They finished a mediocre 5-5 with wins over Bracken County, Pike County Central, Greenup County, Sheldon Clark, and Russell. Three of those games were gimmees, but they did play well to beat Sheldon and Russell. Boyd County's football team was destroyed last year from the inside out following the Russell game. There were a lot of problems in the Lions system.
TRAIN85 Wrote:not this year jchs. get all of paintsvilles kids then maybe it could happen.

Smile Are you kidding me? Daniel Pugh is the only one of that entire team that would see the field for JC. Most of Paintsville's kids choose to go to the city school instead of JC so why would JC need them to be contenders. I think JC is doing just fine without them.
possibly, they haven't had a challenge
Once King Now Prince Wrote:It's the same thing every year for JC. "They haven't played anyone or haven't been tested." It's rediculous. They made the #14 or whatever QB in the nation throw 3 int's. And last year, when JC was first "tested" against Boyd Co., they were supposed to get beat. And once they dominated Boyd @ Boyd, then it was because Boyd wasn't as good as they're undefeated record lead on to be.

Are you just that stupid and didn't read my past posts in this thread??? I've been taking up for JC all year long. I said they can't do a thing about the district scheduling and probably signed 2 year contracts with the out-of-district teams. I said JC won't be tested because I think they are head over hills better than anyone on their schedule. Therefore they won't have a game that will actually test their ability in crunch time because they haven't been put in that situation yet or practically the way I see it for a while. I did say that they would defeat Rockcastle Co. if they played them in the region finials didn't I? What was my reasoning, could I possibly have said they had too much offensive fire power? I believe I did, the only team I think that would give them a game this year in the region is Bell Co. But if all things pan out the way I see it, Bell will be making the long trip from Log Mountain to Eagle Field. Read the whole story before posting something like that.
I think Central wins the district and possibly goes 10-0. Bell and Rock is a different kind of football though.
Pages: 1 2