Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 48 East Ridge 6
Coach Haywood, definetely made the best move by putting Andrew Elkins in at quarterback...The kid is for real and the best thing is, he's only a sophmore...By the way Congrats Pirates!! A state title is in the making...
Coach Haywood will be a good one when he gets a little age on him.
Just joking ha ha
Belfry has been very tough for a long time
They still are
Congrats Pirates!!! Just what we expected.... Andrew has great potential, as does so many of the boys! This game was a great opportunity to see all of the boys get some play time so the varsity wasnt so overworked. However, there not all going to be pie, so keep focused, play your hardest and know that wherever you are, the pondcreek nation will be rocking the bleachers and cheering you on.
GO BIG RED!!!
Way to go Pirates!
I was there and could not believe they scored on the first four plays of their first four possessions.AWESOME! Way to go Pirates.
cobra67 Wrote:I was there and could not believe they scored on the first four plays of their first four possessions.AWESOME! Way to go Pirates.

Not taking away from the talent of our Pirates....but it was pretty much expected.
TongueirateSho
Good job Pirates. Hopefully we will see you in November..............Red Devil Nation
So how does May stck up to Howard as a fullback???????
Devilologist Wrote:So how does May stck up to Howard as a fullback???????

Howard didn't play FB after his freshman year, and May might end up making the switch to HB next year.

May is a great football player, but he doesn't need to be compared to the best ballplayer Belfry football has had as of now. When it's all said and done, the comparison might be justified, but not at this point.
I think Maydo will stay at FB, though I could be wrong. He's a 6'2" bruiser, and he doesn't cut like the little guys. He's rough and tumble, and once he breaks through he's got the speed to get to the endzone w/o getting caught from behind.
congrats to belfry
Old Timer Wrote:Belfry has been very tough for a long time
They still are
i agree and would have to say that they will be for a a pretty good while