Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Ashland (predictions and bets)
Sure enough, Belfry had two long runs called back in the game (one was a block in the back on a punt return), but they definitely weren't the only ones with bad luck, although their luck was worse than ours. Ashland had a chance to go up 20-0 on a wide open touchdown pass to Drew McDavid, but it was dropped, and Ashland came up scoreless on that drive. There was also another wide open touchdown pass that was dropped later in the game, and Ashland didn't score on that drive either.

As for the Ashland/Russell game, I think that if the Ashland team from last week shows up that we have a chance at winning this game. Russell obviously won't be easy, and like Tomcat68 mentioned earlier, I really hope we don't get too caught up on Kasey Clark. Clark is Russell's key playmaker, but there are several other players for Russell that are capable of doing damage, and that's what makes this Russell team successful. This will be a tough game, and the atmosphere should be electric. I'll go with my Tomcats in this one.

Ashland- 17
Russell- 14
Fluke,Luck, A W is a W!
Belfry, Russell are just as good as the other.
Is Belfry that much better than Russell? no
They both are 2 of the most traditioned football team in 2a.
Both are 2 of the most disciplined teams you will see with their systems.
Ashland has tradition as well and when Ashland beats you, You lost to a team with as much tradition as most.
belfry really didn't impress me
t-cat50 Wrote:belfry really didn't impress me

With such a great game, that is a sad statement!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.

They held the Mighty Tomcats to a 1 point win in OT. AA school against AAA. They could not stop May all evening. From everyone else's standpoint it was a game for the ages. I don't see how they could not be impressive.
So I guess your saying Raceland impressed you. If Belfry played Raceland 5 times, They would win 5 out of 5 most likely.
The lastest word is that there is a CHANCE this game may be rescheduled for Saturday. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything.
Ashland by a couple td's
Tomcat68 Wrote:The lastest word is that there is a CHANCE this game may be rescheduled for Saturday. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I hear anything.

I just spoke to Sam Sparks the AD at Russell and he did confirm that the game is rescheduled for Saturday at 7:30pm.
Ashland is a very tough team to play, and home field advantage (it's like 10 minutes from Russell High) won't be the impact tonight as it was last week against Belfry. I'm predicting one heck of a good game of football, and if Belfry were off this week I'd probably drive back up to Ashland to watch it.

So neither did Ashland? I mean, seeing as how Belfry could have kicked the PAT and tied it and they'd have been equal, then Ashland must not have been impressive either.

I was impressed by both teams, and proud of all of them. It was indeed a great game of football, and one I'll remember for a long time to come.
BelfryJustice Wrote:With such a great game, that is a sad statement!
I didn't meen it in a bad way, I relly that they were this supper team that couldn't be beat and they came in and didn't play like the belfry they usually are.