Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 25 McCreary County 16
Final.
Congratulations Clay County!!
Mike Sizemore is one of the best coaches in the whole dang state. He graduated a great class, and then completely overhauled his offensive style, still winning games.

The man has multiple winning seasons at two basketball crazed schools. He's GOOD.
congratulations tigers on a hard fought victory.i agree coach sizemore does a gret job at clay.
Congrats to Clay Co.!

Agree about Coach Sizemore. If he is winning there what could he do at a "football school"???
Before sizemore got there, they went 1-9. Now I’m being 100 percent honest here, if sizemore scheduled the same non district games, he would be 1-9 every year as well. This years non district is 4 1A schools, and 1 2A schools. Non of which are competing for their class. In 2016, the last year before sizemore, they played 2 5As, 3 4As, and CORBIN. Tell me clay isn’t 1-5 if they played that exact same schedule.

For those that say sizemore is one of the best coaches in the state, he’s the best scheduler. Never won a playoff game, and they won’t win one this year.
(Yesterday, 01:07 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Before sizemore got there, they went 1-9. Now I’m being 100 percent honest here, if sizemore scheduled the same non district games, he would be 1-9 every year as well. This years non district is 4 1A schools, and 1 2A schools. Non of which are competing for their class. In 2016, the last year before sizemore, they played 2 5As, 3 4As, and CORBIN. Tell me clay isn’t 1-5 if they played that exact same schedule.

For those that say sizemore is one of the best coaches in the state, he’s the best scheduler. Never won a playoff game, and they won’t win one this year.

I’ll say Clay isn’t 1-5 with that exact same schedule.

They’ve literally beaten 5A Harlan County multiple years in a row. They can beat both Jessamines, and out scored 5A South Laurel in scrimmage plays just this earlier year. To say those are non-competitive, sure losses isn't being 100% honest. 

If the standard of “great” coaches is going into schools and communities that don’t have a history of postseason success and defeating perennial state powers then there is nobody living up to that standard. Nobody has ever done that consistently anywhere. 
(Yesterday, 01:07 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Before sizemore got there, they went 1-9. Now I’m being 100 percent honest here, if sizemore scheduled the same non district games, he would be 1-9 every year as well. This years non district is 4 1A schools, and 1 2A schools. Non of which are competing for their class. In 2016, the last year before sizemore, they played 2 5As, 3 4As, and CORBIN. Tell me clay isn’t 1-5 if they played that exact same schedule.

Scheduling is apart of coaching! Good for him for being good at every facet of the job.
(Yesterday, 02:05 PM)Hogsnot Wrote:

I’ll say Clay isn’t 1-5 with that exact same schedule.

They’ve literally beaten 5A Harlan County multiple years in a row. They can beat both Jessamines, and out scored 5A South Laurel in scrimmage plays just this earlier year. To say those are non-competitive, sure losses isn't being 100% honest. 

If the standard of “great” coaches is going into schools and communities that don’t have a history of postseason success and defeating perennial state powers then there is nobody living up to that standard. Nobody has ever done that consistently anywhere. 
Harlan county were 4A, in their district so they HAD TO PLAY other than last year. HC was 1-9. The previous staff played HC when they were great and not in their district. The non-district schedule is what is up for debate. Up in class. Will clay play up in class this year or anytime soon? 

Clay would not beat the jessamines, which how would we know, all they play is harlan and pineville?
(10 hours ago)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:07 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Harlan county were 4A, in their district so they HAD TO PLAY other than last year. HC was 1-9. The previous staff played HC when they were great and not in their district. The non-district schedule is what is up for debate. Up in class. Will clay play up in class this year or anytime soon? 

Clay would not beat the jessamines, which how would we know, all they play is harlan and pineville?

Clay is a 3A school with barely 700 kids enrolled at times, why would you want Clay to consistently play up on their schedule with schools they are disadvantaged against? Seems like most schools would struggle doing that week in week out.

Clay had 5A Harlan County on the schedule this year and scrimmaged two 5A schools, guess that isn’t enough.

Clay is literally 1-0 against EJ the last time they played a couple years ago..
(4 hours ago)Hogsnot Wrote:
(10 hours ago)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:07 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Harlan county were 4A, in their district so they HAD TO PLAY other than last year. HC was 1-9. The previous staff played HC when they were great and not in their district. The non-district schedule is what is up for debate. Up in class. Will clay play up in class this year or anytime soon? 

Clay is a 3A school with barely 700 kids enrolled at times, why would you want Clay to consistently play up on their schedule with schools they are disadvantaged against? Seems like most schools would struggle doing that week in week out.

Clay had 5A Harlan County on the schedule this year and scrimmaged two 5A schools, guess that isn’t enough.

Clay is literally 1-0 against EJ the last time they played a couple years ago..
The knock used to be that Clay didn’t play any defense and needed to hire a defensive coordinator. Now that they’re 3rd in 3A in points allowed the goal posts need to be moved a little bit I guess. I guess Clay is the only team in the state that plays down.
Williamsburg, Hazard, and Leslie Co are a combined 14-6. Seems like a fair schedule for Clay Co.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bandit29's post:
  • case international