Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Preseason rankings in 14th….
Hearing Hazard lost someone to Leslie. Did not hear a name though.
(10-14-2024, 03:21 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Hearing Hazard lost someone to Leslie. Did not hear a name though.

Must not be too big of a deal then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • Bluecat
"I will agree that Hazard will be the clear favorite, but not close to top 20. The mtns have a couple of teams that will sniff top 20 but they are in the 16th and 13th. Al won't come outta Hazard to play anyone and you won't be ranked by staying at home all year and the people who do the rankings are in Lex and Lville."

Heard Hazard has games scheduled against Ashland and Madison Central early in the season.
(10-15-2024, 05:48 PM)Stone Jack Baller Wrote: "I will agree that Hazard will be the clear favorite, but not close to top 20. The mtns have a couple of teams that will sniff top 20 but they are in the 16th and 13th. Al won't come outta Hazard to play anyone and you won't be ranked by staying at home all year and the people who do the rankings are in Lex and Lville."

Heard Hazard has games scheduled against Ashland and Madison Central early in the season.
Ashland is a home game.  Central is in the "Tim Short Classic" lol--it will be a home cooking game and Central finished 10-23 last year, will not be much competition. Point is Al will not play any team that may be above average away from home. Never has never will. Toughest game will on Feb 18th. Other than that they should finish the regular season with only 2 losses and a Diet Water weak RPI
Got to pad that win column before retirement
(10-15-2024, 06:07 PM)shottaker23 Wrote:
(10-15-2024, 05:48 PM)Stone Jack Baller Wrote: "I will agree that Hazard will be the clear favorite, but not close to top 20. The mtns have a couple of teams that will sniff top 20 but they are in the 16th and 13th. Al won't come outta Hazard to play anyone and you won't be ranked by staying at home all year and the people who do the rankings are in Lex and Lville."

Ashland is a home game.  Central is in the "Tim Short Classic" lol--it will be a home cooking game and Central finished 10-23 last year, will not be much competition. Point is Al will not play any team that may be above average away from home. Never has never will. Toughest game will on Feb 18th. Other than that they should finish the regular season with only 2 losses and a Diet Water weak RPI
Hazard will have a tough chore defeating Ashland, I don’t care where it is played. If you recall Ashland had state champion Lyon County down by 6 or 7 points with only about 3 minutes remaining in their opening round Sweet 16 game last season before succumbing by 2 points to the Lyons. The Tomcats 6’5 shooting guard Zander Carter has committed to Liberty University who has played in the NCAA tournament recently. And they have much more talent than him.
(10-16-2024, 10:11 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

Hazard will have a tough chore defeating Ashland, I don’t care where it is played. If you recall Ashland had state champion Lyon County down by 6 or 7 points with only about 3 minutes remaining in their opening round Sweet 16 game last season before succumbing by 2 points to the Lyons. The Tomcats 6’5 shooting guard Zander Carter has committed to Liberty University who has played in the NCAA tournament recently. And they have much more talent than him.
You missed the point altogether or maybe I was vague. Ashland is one of the 2 loses I was alluding to. Carter will eat them alive. The point was that Holland will not play anyone good on the road and I don’t believe they will crack the Top 20 because of that. It’s a disservice to the kids he has that have a chance to play NAIA  that they won’t get seen nor any publicity because he is unwilling to leave the mtns to play anyone. Just like at the summer event at Collins, after he saw a couple of losses he forfeited his remaining games. Just my opinion though
[-] The following 1 user Likes shottaker23's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(10-16-2024, 10:51 AM)shottaker23 Wrote:

You missed the point altogether or maybe I was vague. Ashland is one of the 2 loses I was alluding to. Carter will eat them alive. The point was that Holland will not play anyone good on the road and I don’t believe they will crack the Top 20 because of that. It’s a disservice to the kids he has that have a chance to play NAIA  that they won’t get seen nor any publicity because he is unwilling to leave the mtns to play anyone. Just like at the summer event at Collins, after he saw a couple of losses he forfeited his remaining games. Just my opinion though
Yes, I misunderstood. I see it now that you pointed it out, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • shottaker23

Al's schedule isn't going to cost any kid a chance to play college basketball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Bluecat
(Yesterday, 10:55 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:

Nope, especially with all the summer/travel basketball these kids play now. If they are good enough they will be seen.

Exactly. Alice Lloyd isn't too far from Memorial Gym and its not too far away from Pikeville. I'm sure Scott Cornett and Tigh Compton know the way there quite well. I know Pikeville would love to have another Bulldog like Justin Hicks again one day.
(Yesterday, 11:00 PM)Bluecat Wrote:
(10-15-2024, 06:07 PM)shottaker23 Wrote: Ashland is a home game.  Central is in the "Tim Short Classic" lol--it will be a home cooking game and Central finished 10-23 last year, will not be much competition. Point is Al will not play any team that may be above average away from home. Never has never will. Toughest game will on Feb 18th. Other than that they should finish the regular season with only 2 losses and a Diet Water weak RPI

Nope, especially with all the summer/travel basketball these kids play now. If they are good enough they will be seen.
The problem is that too my knowledge the big 3 at Hazard didn't play big travel ball(please correct me if I'm wrong, I seen a Sperry and couple of kids from the 13th in front of coaches but thats it). Going with some regional team to a couple of tournaments somewhere that there are zero coaches at does not help in any way shape or form. If kids don't play on EYBL, Adidas, or UAA its almost no chance to be seen. And Summer didn't help Hazard any when they played in the biggest event of summer at collins with over 40 programs present and they forfeited their day 2 games. Sorry but if you are playing a cupcake schedule and won't go out and play good teams away from home and you have a loaded team you are doing a disservice to your kids who have the potential to play at the next level.

(Today, 12:09 AM)P. Fanning Wrote:
(10-15-2024, 06:07 PM)shottaker23 Wrote: Ashland is a home game.  Central is in the "Tim Short Classic" lol--it will be a home cooking game and Central finished 10-23 last year, will not be much competition. Point is Al will not play any team that may be above average away from home. Never has never will. Toughest game will on Feb 18th. Other than that they should finish the regular season with only 2 losses and a Diet Water weak RPI

Exactly. Alice Lloyd isn't too far from Memorial Gym and its not too far away from Pikeville. I'm sure Scott Cornett and Tigh Compton know the way there quite well. I know Pikeville would love to have another Bulldog like Justin Hicks again one day.
Hicks was what 2007 or 08? 16 years is a heck of drought between. You have 11 NAIA schools in Ky I believe. I just saying that Hazard has several kids who can play at the next level if they where just seen by coaches. I promise Midway for instance isn't driving to Hazard to watch em beat Jenkins by 40. And Alice Lloyd or Upike is not taking more than 1 kid from a team. Plus if you have a good team but play a dietwater schedule You aren't beating anyone at crunch time meaning at Region, which they haven't in a while. My opinion is Al hasn't played a competative Away schedule in a long time. Easy to have those 22-5 and 28-4 season when you don't go out a play anyone, sucks come region time though.