Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie County 36 Danville 3
Leslie mows down the Ads, who may never score a touchdown again.
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Maybe this year will suck the ego out of the Ads fan base.
(10-12-2024, 01:05 AM)hawg laig Wrote: Oh how the mighty have fallen. Maybe this year will suck the ego out of the Ads fan base.

I don't think there's been any ego for some time. Just dysfunction, disappointment, and apathy.

17 points through 7 games is pretty horrendous offensively. And as we discussed in the pre-game thread, the Ads won't win until they can score.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AdsFanatic's post:
  • BEChargers
Three tough games remaining on the schedule for Danville’s regular season. I will assume that there’s four games left in the Parks era counting the playoff game where they’ll face the counter district’s one seed.

I don’t like piling on the coach or the fans, but it’s time to start over and it’s imperative they make a hire that can resurrect the program before it’s too late. This will be an off season where the hiring process will be the most interesting of all for Danville.
Frank Parks isn’t the issue, Danville school system is the issue!
Fixing a ship sinking this fast is no easy task and sometimes can take years to pull out of. You have to address so many problems and once you have a solid foundation then you need a big name coaching hire that creates a ton of buzz (which is easier said than done.)

I’m not sure the status of the youth and middle school programs but that is a great place to start. Shore up those feeder programs and then have a coach that can keep those kids around when they come to high school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • AdsFanatic
(10-12-2024, 04:03 PM)fansville Wrote: Fixing a ship sinking this fast is no easy task and sometimes can take years to pull out of. You have to address so many problems and once you have a solid foundation then you need a big name coaching hire that creates a ton of buzz (which is easier said than done.)

I’m not sure the status of the youth and middle school programs but that is a great place to start. Shore up those feeder programs and then have a coach that can keep those kids around when they come to high school.

8th Grade class is one of the biggest they have had in a long time and has some very good talent on them  (enough that they entered into state playoffs for the first time in 8 years)

I agree with another poster that Coach Parks isnt the issue at this point, to change coaches again will be more steps backwards IMO.
(10-12-2024, 04:19 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 04:03 PM)fansville Wrote: Fixing a ship sinking this fast is no easy task and sometimes can take years to pull out of. You have to address so many problems and once you have a solid foundation then you need a big name coaching hire that creates a ton of buzz (which is easier said than done.)

8th Grade class is one of the biggest they have had in a long time and has some very good talent on them  (enough that they entered into state playoffs for the first time in 8 years)

I agree with another poster that Coach Parks isnt the issue at this point, to change coaches again will be more steps backwards IMO.

Some of the very high powered recruits are graduating from Boyle- will the Rebels raid the Ads incoming FR class.
(10-12-2024, 04:19 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

I think some of the Parks fate will be decided by what kids in that class do. If the parents of those kids are all-in on Danville, then I can see sticking with him. If the Ads were to go with someone else you are looking at 3 coaches in the last 5 years. However, if parents start talking of sending their kids to surrounding districts, whether it be Boyle or Mercer, then you need to contemplate a change.

Priority number one for the Ads is just to stop the talent bleed. If they can do that it shores up some of the foundation. So its a good thing that the middle school classes are strong. But if the Ads choose to hit the road for another coach they are going to have to get a program builder with a proven record of doing so. It's getting tougher and tougher to find those folks and many aren't going to want to leave their present places of employment without a lot of incentives.
Sounds like Parks better be involved with that 8th grade class as much as possible and be real with those parents to build some sort of trust there so these kids don’t leave. Freshman like playing varsity football, but I’d soften that schedule up a TON to try to schedule winnable football games. Maybe even a gimme or two just to get some wins and momentum going forward. Something to build off of as the young guys develop.

Danville doesn’t lack athletes and football players. Just have to show these families you’re invested in rebuilding this program and be realistic with expectations.

It can’t help that Boyle County is in your backyard, but one thing Danville can offer (like I mentioned above) is early varsity playing time.
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • AdsFanatic, fansville
Who is the Head Coach at Danville next year?
I was at the game Friday.. Danville does not lack athletic talent. They are grossly undercoached.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Onward Leslie!'s post:
  • The Red Eminence
Parks has to go. He never should have been hired. I have seen enough of his coaching and listened to him being interviewed, He is grossly incompetent. He has had a tough situation but some of it or the worsening is on him. His past record as a coach is indicative of this fact. I grew up a Danville fan, a player in the early 80’s, and a fan since. It’s time to get back to business and get this train wreck fixed. The comment earlier in this chain about changing coaches again will make things worse is laughable. I am in touch with situation, I know the pulse of the Danville football community, it’s time to restore this great tradition and hire a competent coach. Yes, it will take a few years, but the future talent is bright. The middle school is talented, but also the 4th 5th grade kids are promising, when they practice there are 30-40 cars at the practice field. You say, nobody would want to coach Danville anymore, wrong, fire Parks now. There are plenty of people who have disengaged who will be back to get this Train back on track