Poll: Corbin vs. Frederick Douglass Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
30.00%
Frederick Douglass
70.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin at Frederick Douglass 9/20
The Corbin Redhounds (3-0) one of the top teams in not only 4A but the state of Kentucky. Travel up 75 and come to Lexington to "The Farm" to take on the Frederick Douglass Broncos (2-2) this Friday at 7:30pm. There game last year at Corbin was one of the best games in the state last year with Corbin winning 6-0 with Douglass throwing an incomplete pass in the endzone on the last play of the game for the tie. 

Corbin's game this past Friday was cancelled due to safety concerns. The Broncos got back in the win column with a running clock (50-14) win over Tates Creek. The Broncos were in a rare two game losing streak with losses to Trinity 23-13 and an OT loss at Manual 35-28. They had an impressive win to start the season a 35-13 win over Bowling Green. The Redhounds have won their 3 games over Pikeville, North Hardin, and Lexington Catholic by a combined score of 130-56. This should be another great game in Lexington.

The game can be seen on the NFHS Network and on Glicod Sports. Best of luck to both teams!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
Douglass by several scores.

If Corbin had the defense they had last year I would give them a chance. But they dont, so I won't.
Not so sure about that prediction OSH. Douglass isn't the team THEY were last year!
I do think Corbin has a chance; given they play a consistent game. In any event, it should be a great game!

Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
21-17 Corbin
To me this is a interesting matchup and could be the second-best game of the week other than Male and Trinity. Male and Trinity are fighting for the top spot in Class 6A. Corbin has one of the best offenses in the state led by QB Kid Elam. One thing last year showed was the Frederick Douglass Defense did not rattle the young man. So, I don't expect it this year either. I'm a big fan of Frederick Douglass so I am still stunned that DuPont Manual snuck in there in OT and got the win last week. Corbin defense will be the one under the spotlight this week. Corbin will have to tighten the hatch as Frederick Douglass has a very good power run game. I have been noticing that FD has scored alot of TDs in the air as well. So they can burn you deep.  I watched Bowling Greens QB have 1 successful drive against FD in the first game, then the FD defense took over. Corbin will have to have more than 1 or 2 scores if they want to win this matchup. I do look for a very close game maybe coming down to the wire just like last year. 

I do like Corbin because of the Senior QB. He can put the needle on the record and will have to if Corbin wants to win. 
Would not shock me one bit for Frederick Douglass to win this game and convincingly especially after they just lost a heartbreaker. 

Corbin 22  Woah
Frederick Douglass 21
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Cactus Jack
I like Elam to be the difference.
Corbin 21
Douglas 14
Hounds 3-4 tds
Best game this weekend and I could care less about Male and Trinity the Hounds win this one
Picking Corbin in this one
Corbin has the offense to pull this one off. I expect a high scoring game. I'm picking Corbin to win this, but I have a lot of respect for Frederick Douglass.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Red Eminence's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(09-15-2024, 09:52 AM)HighViz Wrote: 21-17 Corbin

You're drunk.

I love my Hounds but you all out out of your freaking minds. Last year Corbin was an elite team in the state and most people were picking Douglass to win easily. This year, with the game at Douglass, and Corbin losing the key components of last season's defense, and you're picking my Hounds. I hope you're right but I think you need some of my meds.
(09-15-2024, 07:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-15-2024, 09:52 AM)HighViz Wrote: 21-17 Corbin

You're drunk.

I love my Hounds but you all out out of your freaking minds.  Last year Corbin was an elite team in the state and most people were picking Douglass to win easily. This year, with the game at Douglass, and Corbin losing the key components of last season's defense, and you're picking my Hounds.  I hope you're right but I think you need some of my meds.

You have to believe........ Smile
(09-15-2024, 04:31 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Douglass by several scores.

If Corbin had the defense they had last year I would give them a chance. But they dont, so I won't.

If Frederick Douglass wins, will you run for President?  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear
(09-15-2024, 08:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

President of what?   Smile
(09-15-2024, 08:32 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

[Image: https://c.tenor.com/NMcAuBkj480AAAAC/pleasant-mr.gif]
https://tenor.com/search/burns-release-the-hounds-gifs
2 diff schemes. Controlled run verses more fast pace throwing. I do think both score. But Corbin scores more.

Freddy D isn’t what that were last year. They will be good. But their offense and defense is worse. As for Corbin. There Def is def worse. But their O is as good in my opinion.
FD +14
(09-15-2024, 08:55 PM)HighViz Wrote: 2 diff schemes.  Controlled run verses more fast pace throwing.  I do think both score. But Corbin scores more.

Freddy D isn’t what that were last year.  They will be good.  But their offense and defense is worse.    As for Corbin. There Def is def worse. But their O is as good in my opinion.
Big boy football offense vs defense I always take the defense in big boy football 

Fredrick Douglass 21
Corbin 14

score could be lower………Just saying

Let me know if you need a campaign manager. OSH for the USA!
I’m not sold on Douglas so I’m going to give Corbin the nod in this one.
(09-15-2024, 09:15 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(09-15-2024, 08:55 PM)HighViz Wrote: 2 diff schemes.  Controlled run verses more fast pace throwing.  I do think both score. But Corbin scores more.

Freddy D isn’t what that were last year.  They will be good.  But their offense and defense is worse.    As for Corbin. There Def is def worse. But their O is as good in my opinion.
Big boy football offense vs defense I always take the defense in big boy football 

Fredrick Douglass 21
Corbin 14

I see your point.   But, Corbin done it before in big boy games. They beat em last year.   Half the battle in games like this is the been there, done that mindset.     Douglas will be faster.  No doubt.  But they aren’t  tough.  Again.  Douglas isn’t a shell of last years team.  And their OC is horrible at his job imo.
(09-15-2024, 10:12 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(09-15-2024, 09:15 PM)64SUR Wrote:

Fredrick Douglass 21
Corbin 14

I see your point.   But, Corbin done it before in big boy games. They beat em last year.   Half the battle in games like this is the been there, done that mindset.     Douglas will be faster.  No doubt.  But they aren’t  tough.  Again.  Douglas isn’t a shell of last years team.  And their OC is horrible at his job imo.

I think you've been hitting grandma's magic elixir a bit too hard. Douglass went toe to toe with a strong Trinity team. Corbin looked terrible against a bad Pikeville team. Why is everyone implying that Douglass is so much weaker than they were last season? Their offense is putting up points this season and their defense is still very good. Last season's Douglass offense was bad...REALLY bad! I agree with you that Corbin's offense this season is potentially as good, or better, than last season but their defense is but a shell of last year. 

At home, Douglass should be 2-3 scores better. Maybe 3-4. My Hounds stay out of Fayette County. Have they ever won there. Besides, the RPI killer is still on the loose and could have made his way to Lexington by now. This game should probably be cancelled.
Very interested in this game! I'll have a eye on it Friday night. Can Corbin win? Most definitely! I expect a close hard fought game like last year with the exception that there will be a little more scoring. Two pretty evenly matched teams so I'll go 28-27 as the final score. Who will win I am not sure.
(09-15-2024, 08:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

[Image: https://c.tenor.com/NMcAuBkj480AAAAC/pleasant-mr.gif]
https://tenor.com/search/burns-release-the-hounds-gifs
I went to a Corbin Varsity Club meeting once and told them they should make me president of their club. I was told in no uncertain terms to leave and never come back, and if I did, the police would be there to take me to jail. So, I don't think I'll ever be president of the Hounds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
Should be a good game. I can't pick, but wouldn't be surprised to see either team win.
Will this game even be played? Will Corbin be allowed to play?
I think their school is back in session
(09-16-2024, 01:43 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Will this game even be played?  Will Corbin be allowed to play?

Will the Deep State allow you to keep getting on my last nerve? I honestly couldn't warm up to you if we were cremated together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Waitaminute
Corbin will be more physical than Douglas. I predict a win from Corbin. Elam will keep them in the game and win at the end.
This should be a good one! If Corbin has sured up their defense after an extra week to prepare I like the hounds chances. I think their offense is good enough to score on anyone. Give me Corbin 21-14