Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 31 University of Kentucky 6
Final.

Congratulations Gamecocks.

We're screwed!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • King Kong
From what little I watched, the offensive line struggled amongst other issues.
(09-07-2024, 08:03 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Final.

We're screwed!!!

Looking like maybe 4-8, at best. This will be Stoops' last season.
The best the cats have this season is 5-7
I got the ‘honor’ of seeing this one in person. Horrific. Our O-line struggled mightily, two starters went down with injuries, and Vandagriff looked panicked and just lost most of the time. We’ve got playmakers at receiver and two good looking running backs, but without good qb and line play, we’re toast. Defense actually looks pretty good, final today was misleading in that regard, they were put in bad field position situations nearly all game. I went from cautiously optimistic to ready to jump off a bridge in the span of about three hours. And now we have to try to regroup for Georgia. Yikes. Next week may be too ugly to even watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
#FireStoops!

No discipline, 50 penalties, busted coverages, zero pass attack, and couldn't stick our finger up our hin-dens
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-08-2024, 02:06 AM)Spud6 Wrote: #FireStoops!

No discipline, 50 penalties, busted coverages, zero pass attack, and couldn't stick our finger up our hin-dens

I think Stoops really wanted to be gone after last year. He's lost something. This will be his swan song season.
(09-07-2024, 10:14 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I got the ‘honor’ of seeing this one in person.  Horrific. Our O-line struggled mightily, two starters went down with injuries, and Vandagriff looked panicked and just lost most of the time. We’ve got playmakers at receiver and two good looking running backs, but without good qb and line play, we’re toast. Defense actually looks pretty good, final today was misleading in that regard, they were put in bad field position situations nearly all game. I went from cautiously optimistic to ready to jump off a bridge in the span of about three hours. And now we have to try to regroup for Georgia. Yikes. Next week may be too ugly to even watch.

After all that happened on the interstate last night, I'm just thankful that you are safe and able to post today!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • The Red Eminence
As a long-suffering Kentucky fan, I hear all of this frustration, but I'm not for firing Stoops yet. It comes down to this: we are likely at the height of where Stoops takes us, and we are also likely at the height of where Kentucky football will ever be within our lifetimes. What happened last night was an embarrassment, but it doesn't erase the growth in KY football over the past decade. I know I'm likely in the minority with this opinion, and I respect everyone's frustration. I feel it too. For me, I'll accept some bad years for the hope of a ten-win season. I just feel that is Kentucky's reality and getting rid of the coach won't change that.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Red Eminence's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Van Hagar
I think your point is valid. Personally my frustration is heightened with the paralyzing fear of facing Georgia next!!
Talk about an embarrassment!!!
(09-08-2024, 04:20 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I think your point is valid.  Personally my frustration is heightened with the paralyzing fear of facing Georgia next!!
I respect that. Georgia will be a rough game to watch. I just hope KY gets its issues straightened out, or as close as it can, by mid-season.
(09-08-2024, 04:20 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I think your point is valid.  Personally my frustration is heightened with the paralyzing fear of facing Georgia next!!

And then a trip to Oxford two weeks later. Gonna be tough sleddin' .
(09-07-2024, 08:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

We're screwed!!!

Let’s hope

Just like with Calapari, although Cal did have some good years, Stoops should be fired, PERIOD. I’m tired of bootlickers bragging about where stoops has taken us, what, from 4 wins a year to 6? This is rediculous. FIRE STOOPS
(09-08-2024, 08:09 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(09-07-2024, 10:14 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I got the ‘honor’ of seeing this one in person.  Horrific. Our O-line struggled mightily, two starters went down with injuries, and Vandagriff looked panicked and just lost most of the time. We’ve got playmakers at receiver and two good looking running backs, but without good qb and line play, we’re toast. Defense actually looks pretty good, final today was misleading in that regard, they were put in bad field position situations nearly all game. I went from cautiously optimistic to ready to jump off a bridge in the span of about three hours. And now we have to try to regroup for Georgia. Yikes. Next week may be too ugly to even watch.

After all that happened on the interstate last night, I'm just thankful that you are safe and able to post today!!

Appreciate that Granny Bear, we actually moved to Richmond a few years ago (gotta be closer to those grandkids you know!), so we avoided that nightmare. I’m just thankful all those kids on the Harlan Co. bus that was close to it stayed out of harms way.
[-] The following 3 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Granny Bear, Old School Hound, The Red Eminence
(09-08-2024, 06:43 PM)rookie57 Wrote:

We're screwed!!!

Let’s hope

Just like with Calapari, although Cal did have some good years, Stoops should be fired, PERIOD. I’m tired of bootlickers bragging about where stoops has taken us, what, from 4 wins a year to 6? This is rediculous. FIRE STOOPS
Yeah, I think it's time for him to mosey on down the highway. Unlike Cal, who I liked, Stoops has never struck my fancy. He's done some good things but I think his time has come.
(09-08-2024, 08:43 PM)Van Hagar Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 08:09 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Appreciate that Granny Bear, we actually moved to Richmond a few years ago (gotta be closer to those grandkids you know!), so we avoided that nightmare. I’m just thankful all those kids on the Harlan Co. bus that was close to it stayed out of harms way.
There were three semis that surrounded that bus to protect the kids from gunfire.
I get chills thinking about that!!!
(09-08-2024, 06:43 PM)rookie57 Wrote:

We're screwed!!!

Let’s hope

Ok. What next? We fire Stoops. Then what? Who do we get? With the last coach who could lead KY to greatness being dead for 41 years, I believe we get someone on the hotseat at a different university (a promising start) or perhaps a formerly retired, or more likely fired, coach that wants another chance at the game (Another promising start). When we get a new coach, we will go through a customary period of regression. If, like you said, Stoops is winning 6 games a season then we'll briefly move to three wins or worse as the new coach gets their footing. If that coach survives, then the ceiling still remains eight to ten games. Maybe. 

I'll grant an olive branch. If UK gets obliterated this season, and I mean only four wins or worse, then Stoops should absolutely get placed on the hotseat. If UK gets a worse record, I'll join the phalanx calling for his job. I also won't run away from my mistakes. If UK hires someone that leads them to consistent ten- or eleven-win seasons, I'll admit my error. I have no love for Stoops, and I'm certainly not a bootlicker. I'm just a pragmatic fan with a penchant for history.

(09-08-2024, 09:40 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 08:43 PM)Van Hagar Wrote:
(09-08-2024, 08:09 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:

There were three semis that surrounded that bus to protect the kids from gunfire.
I get chills thinking about that!!!
I'll echo all of this. I'm glad to hear you are alright VH!
Y'all once Oct 21th hit, 75%-80% of y'all will drop the football team for the basketball team. So way does it really matter. Even the year UK won 10 games for the first time since the 70's, the fans done that team that way also. At Kentucky basketball will always come first, no matter what the football team does.
(09-09-2024, 12:28 AM)cj2561 Wrote: Y'all once Oct 21th hit, 75%-80% of y'all will drop the football team for the basketball team. So way does it really matter. Even the year UK won 10 games for the first time since the 70's, the fans done that team that way also. At Kentucky basketball will always come first, no matter what the football team does.

I love it when a team lays a complete egg and embarrasses themselves and then some people take the opportunity to bash the fans. If this were basketball I would think OSH hacked your computer lol. But you're wrong, I'll be gone before 10/21 if they don't play any better than they did Saturday. I'm under no obligation to spend my time and money on a sh!tty product. It is early though so I still have hope.

On the bright side, Tennessee looks fantastic and Louisville looks really good too.
JP, I would think a good way to recover
your losses from taking UK and laying the points last week, would be to take Georgia and lay the points this week. The Bulldogs opened at -24. After what I witnessed Saturday, I would say -44 would be more reasonable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-10-2024, 05:44 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: JP, I would think a good way to recover
your losses from taking UK and laying the points last week, would be to take Georgia and lay the points this week. The Bulldogs opened at -24. After what I witnessed Saturday, I would say -44 would be more reasonable.

I actually recovered with UL and UT already but I hear you. I would consider 42-21 a moral victory this week. I still think Georgia had the best team last year. They are definitely in beast mode. Georgia's front 7 and OL are going to obliterate UK's lines I'm afraid.
Stoops hit his ceiling years ago, just like with Cal.

It’s been time to move on for a while. I mean unless of course we’re okay overpaying a coach to underperform like we’ve always done.

Never a single sec title game appearance. Not one.
(09-10-2024, 05:59 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 05:44 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: JP, I would think a good way to recover

I actually recovered with UL and UT already but I hear you. I would consider 42-21 a moral victory this week. I still think Georgia had the best team last year. They are definitely in beast mode. Georgia's front 7 and OL are going to obliterate UK's lines I'm afraid.

1-800-GAMBLER ...  Do it for the people who love you, including me.
(09-10-2024, 12:21 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: Stoops hit his ceiling years ago, just like with Cal.

It’s been time to move on for a while. I mean unless of course we’re okay overpaying a coach to underperform like we’ve always done.

Never a single sec title game appearance. Not one.

Funny what long-term contracts worth up to $100 million or more with huge buyouts do to people's motivation.
Stoops getting $9 million a year through 2031 (I believe that's right) for what we got Saturday is Calipari-level idiocy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
(09-10-2024, 04:57 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-09-2024, 12:28 AM)cj2561 Wrote: Y'all once Oct 21th hit, 75%-80% of y'all will drop the football team for the basketball team. So way does it really matter. Even the year UK won 10 games for the first time since the 70's, the fans done that team that way also. At Kentucky basketball will always come first, no matter what the football team does.

I love it when a team lays a complete egg and embarrasses themselves and then some people take the opportunity to bash the fans. If this were basketball I would think OSH hacked your computer lol. But you're wrong, I'll be gone before 10/21 if they don't play any better than they did Saturday. I'm under no obligation to spend my time and money on a sh!tty product. It is early though so I still have hope.

On the bright side, Tennessee looks fantastic and Louisville looks really good too.

That's not a bright side for anyone that's a UK fan. What are you, some kind of traitor? Welp...
I'm a little late to the party on posting this, nearly a week and a half but better late than never.

I was at this game unfortunately, me and my dad took my boys, man I hyped it up so much for them. They've been to a UK game before, but we played a cupcake, I told them this will be 100% different, primetime SEC game, Commonwealth will be rocking, I was pretty much rocking them to sleep by the 2nd qtr! I've been to a lot of Kentucky football games in my life, that was one of the worst performances I've ever witnessed. Offensive line got punished from the opening kickoff, Vandagriff didn't have any time, but he sure didn't help himself with the little time he did have, just made terrible decisions.

Just like the Georgia game, had a chance to get into the end zone before half which would've tied it at 10. Again, Stoops played it safe, kicked a FG and went in down 10-6.

The final straw for me was Kentucky possession in the 3rd, had it deep in our own territory, get back to back holding penalties, pushing it way back to 3rd&18 on about the 2 or 3 yard line, Vandagriff throws a screen pass about 10 feet over the receivers head, that's when er decided to leave with about half the stadium, along with a chorus of booooooos.

Walking from the stadium to the truck, SC scored two more times to finish em off 31-6. Now obviously the effort & energy changed from this game to the Georgia game, but the South Carolina game will always stick out as one of the biggest atrocities of the Stoops era.