Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Powell County 58 Floyd Central 30
Final.
Prayers for the injured players.
Look like to me injuries was the main story as Floyd Central came out and was on top for most the first half and then Powell County took over in the second half. Lots of good plays by both teams and talking about flags. tons of flags. But a dandy game.
Game would've come down to the wire had Martin and Shelton not been injured, but injuries are a part of the game. Curry was injured also for Floyd Central and left the game. I know they mentioned on the WMDJ broadcast that Martin's injury is feared to be a collarbone injury. Shelton's is a lower leg injury and nothing was mentioned about Curry. That's 3 of the Floyd Central's 5 best skill players right there. Hopefully those guys injuries aren't very serious and they can get back out there asap. I don't know those boys personally, but they seem like great young men. Tough night for Floyd Central.

Lots of flags and little to no defense from either side most of the game.

Congrats Pirates!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hearing the injuries are as follows:

Martin- broken collar bone - out for season
Shelton- knee injury- minor
Curry- concussion- likely to miss next week

These three are good boys BlackCatAlum, prayers for them.

It appears the QB of the future for FC - Mays will assume role of starting QB. Mays has a good arm, and with receivers like Cotton and Buck it should help him to grow as a young QB. Losing Martin is really going to hurt on both sides of the ball. Austin Clark had a good game, tough kid, and he has the potential to be a difference maker for the Jags.

This team has a lot of problems, but the special teams to me is super concerning. They can’t punt, they can’t kick, they look lost on kickoff and kickoff returns. Everyone seems to be scared or confused and hesitant to go get the ball secured on kickoff returns, they almost seem like a punt return that they think are going to be downed. All of this, for the exception of Curry, that 50 yard kickoff return TD was tough! Had a super nice hit last night as well, I thought he took that Powell county guys head off last night. Most definitely the hardest hit I’ve seen by a Jag this season. If Shelton and Curry come back and Hager splits the runs better, hopefully they can pull something together.

All in all, I hope the best for the Jags, but it seems unlikely that they will win a game this season. Its going to be an interesting offseason up on the hill this year.

Forgot to note as well, a few more notable players were out for FC at Powell County

Starting TE/OLB - Caleb Watkins- more than likely an MCL tear-if confirmed will miss rest of season

Starting G/T- TJ jewel- knee minor- will play return next week
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkyWalker34's post:
  • Bull got out!
Is Mays the son of Ketrin Mays? If so, if he inherited any of his speed, he's going to be a really great player for Floyd Central over the next 4 years.
(09-06-2024, 08:20 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Is Mays the son of Ketrin Mays? If so, if he inherited any of his speed, he's going to be a really great player for Floyd Central over the next 4 years.

Yes he is the son of Ketrin Mays. Not sure if he is as athletic as his dad, but he throws a nice ball.