Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is Exactly why Pikeville is gonna Win 7-10 State Titles in a row.
They will win 7-10 in a row because there aren’t any good teams left in 1a. Once Beechwood moved up to 2a they didn’t have anyone who could beat them!

(08-19-2024, 08:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 07:43 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 04:54 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville's Middle School/JR High team vs LCA Lexington Christian Academy game 1 of the Season. Pikeville will continue to reload and add to the the High School roster every year. [Video: https://youtu.be/MGyr4LbK9-E?si=DMjvgdtxPBKA_D5S]

What? Is that bad music video going to keep team from wanting to play them?
Or -- are other teams worried that they will have to listen to that arrogant "look at me ... look at me" mentality video? 

Pikeville would be in trouble if Beechwood and Mayfield ended up back in Class A.
Where were they when Beechwood and Mayfield were running rough shod on Class A in the 90's, 2000's, 2010's?
With a display like this ... all you are doing is drawing attention to horrendous music and putting a bullseyes on the back of young players.

Pikeville is a great program -- quit trying to pretend like they are the gold standard. They aren't. They are one reclass away from getting beat in the semi-finals every year.

Please. Last 2 times Pikeville and Beechwood met in the finals it was Pikeville in a rout and Beechwood by 1 and very fortunate to hang on. Beechwood fan calling Pikeville arrogant or bad taste is great comedy, you should take that show on the road lol

Haha so a 14 point win is a rout? If you think that then you need to go back to school! Beechwood had 3 starters out on defense in that state title game! I respect Pikeville because I always enjoyed playing them in the 90’s but 1a is a joke! Beechwood proved they could move up in a differnt class and still win multiple state titles! Could Pikeville do that? We will never know because they won’t ever move up! 
All I know is playoff football in this state would be so much more fun if we went back to four classes or at least 5.
[-] The following 3 users Like RunItUpTheGut's post:
  • Old School 18, Panther Thunder, Westside
(08-20-2024, 05:12 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: The thread states "this is why Pikeville will win 7 to 10 titles in a row." My comment regarding transfers doesn't have any thing to do with jealousy, it's factual. To me this is the reason why Pikeville has a legitimate shot at winning seven or more titles in a row. Also, is it true that Pikeville has a CAP on how many students can attend?

Yes Pikeville has a cap and will never go over it. Yes they have Transfers like all Schools do, but 99% of the team is Homegrown talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanatic42's post:
  • The 99
(08-20-2024, 08:03 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: All I know is playoff football in this state would be so much more fun if we went back to four classes or at least 5.

Not really, still first round blowouts, still same teams playing in semis and finals.  Nothing would really change, just less Champions.
variable playoff system, keep winning, keep moving up
(08-20-2024, 07:26 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote: They will win 7-10 in a row because there aren’t any good teams left in 1a. Once Beechwood moved up to 2a they didn’t have anyone who could beat them!

(08-19-2024, 08:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 07:43 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 04:54 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville's Middle School/JR High team vs LCA Lexington Christian Academy game 1 of the Season. Pikeville will continue to reload and add to the the High School roster every year. [Video: https://youtu.be/MGyr4LbK9-E?si=DMjvgdtxPBKA_D5S]

What? Is that bad music video going to keep team from wanting to play them?
Or -- are other teams worried that they will have to listen to that arrogant "look at me ... look at me" mentality video? 

Pikeville would be in trouble if Beechwood and Mayfield ended up back in Class A.
Where were they when Beechwood and Mayfield were running rough shod on Class A in the 90's, 2000's, 2010's?
With a display like this ... all you are doing is drawing attention to horrendous music and putting a bullseyes on the back of young players.

Pikeville is a great program -- quit trying to pretend like they are the gold standard. They aren't. They are one reclass away from getting beat in the semi-finals every year.

Please. Last 2 times Pikeville and Beechwood met in the finals it was Pikeville in a rout and Beechwood by 1 and very fortunate to hang on. Beechwood fan calling Pikeville arrogant or bad taste is great comedy, you should take that show on the road lol

Haha so a 14 point win is a rout? If you think that then you need to go back to school! Beechwood had 3 starters out on defense in that state title game! I respect Pikeville because I always enjoyed playing them in the 90’s but 1a is a joke! Beechwood proved they could move up in a differnt class and still win multiple state titles! Could Pikeville do that? We will never know because they won’t ever move up! 
Pikeville scored 28 straight in that game to win going away. Both teams had players hurt I guess the sun got in their eyes too and they all had tummy aches lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-20-2024, 05:12 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: The thread states "this is why Pikeville will win 7 to 10 titles in a row." My comment regarding transfers doesn't have any thing to do with jealousy, it's factual. To me this is the reason why Pikeville has a legitimate shot at winning seven or more titles in a row. Also, is it true that Pikeville has a CAP on how many students can attend?
Yeah sure lol. People have said on here Pikeville has 2 new players, a kicker and a kid with family on the Pikeville staff if the reports are accurate. Pikeville just had 2 basketball players transfer out. Kids are switching schools all over the mountains, state and everywhere else. Pikeville is no different in that regard. Only the losers complain.
  • Fanatic42
Yes Pikeville has a cap and will never go over it. Yes they have Transfers like all Schools do, but 99% of the team is Homegrown talent.
[/quote]

99% of team are HOMEGROWN??? ?? just a quick glance at their roster on KHSAA website & I can easily count 8 kids that grew up playing football in a community/school not named Pikeville. I’m not sure of the names of the kicker transfer from Buckleys Creek & WR from Georgia……so by my count that would be 10 out of the 45 players listed on KHSAA roster. Not even Pikeville mathematics can make that equal 99%.
(08-20-2024, 11:00 PM)throw deep Wrote: Yes Pikeville has a cap and will never go over it. Yes they have Transfers like all Schools do, but 99% of the team is Homegrown talent.

99% of team are HOMEGROWN??? ?? just a quick glance at their roster on KHSAA website & I can easily count 8 kids that grew up playing football in a community/school not named Pikeville. I’m not sure of the names of the kicker transfer from Buckleys Creek & WR from Georgia……so by my count that would be 10 out of the 45 players listed on KHSAA roster. Not even Pikeville mathematics can make that equal 99%.
[/quote]

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winners keep winning losers keep whining. SSDY
  • Fanatic42
(08-20-2024, 08:32 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 08:03 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote: All I know is playoff football in this state would be so much more fun if we went back to four classes or at least 5.

Not really, still first round blowouts, still same teams playing in semis and finals.  Nothing would really change, just less Champions.

well I’ll take a playoff of Pikeville beechwood mayfield lca etc and have three good round of playoffs. They can take a bye week in the first round for all I care. 
for the foreseeable future, you’re looking a Pikeville having 3-4 blowouts every year in the playoffs. it definitely makes a difference.
Campbellsville wins 1A this year
(08-21-2024, 01:35 PM)WETSU Wrote: Campbellsville wins 1A this year

lol no. I would love to see Campbellsville come to Pikeville though.
  • Fanatic42
(08-21-2024, 07:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I’m still waiting on hearing your logic when you said Pikeville routed Beechwood when they only won by 14 points.
(08-21-2024, 10:57 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote:

I’m still waiting on hearing your logic when you said Pikeville routed Beechwood when they only won by 14 points.

I already posted it. Pikeville scored 28 points in about 5 minutes to go up by 21 and Beechwood was totally gassed. Then the Beechies added a mop up meaningless TD with a minute or 2 left. Pikeville left no doubt.
  • Fanatic42
This whole video is good but especially from 12:30 mark to 18:30 mark where Pikeville went into the I-formation and Bulldozed Beechwood.

• Fanatic42
(08-21-2024, 11:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 10:57 PM)Sportsfan4848 Wrote:

I already posted it. Pikeville scored 28 points in about 5 minutes to go up by 21 and Beechwood was totally gassed. Then the Beechies added a mop up meaningless TD with a minute or 2 left. Pikeville left no doubt.
Eiher way pal 14 or 21 points isn’t a rout!  You need to learn math! I played under Yeagle at Beechwood in the 90’s when Pikeville couldn’t even touch us! I love playing them but your logic cracks me up! We own the series against them!
^^^Pikeville steamrolled Beechie Tech and won going away. It was a bloodbath.
  • Fanatic42
  • Fanatic42
(08-23-2024, 02:56 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Haha again learn how math works pal! A 14 point win isn’t steamrolling anyone pal!

(08-23-2024, 02:56 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

We lead the series 11-5 so who has steamrolled who? ???