Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is Exactly why Pikeville is gonna Win 7-10 State Titles in a row.
Pikeville's Middle School/JR High team vs LCA Lexington Christian Academy game 1 of the Season. Pikeville will continue to reload and add to the the High School roster every year. [Video: https://youtu.be/MGyr4LbK9-E?si=DMjvgdtxPBKA_D5S]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-
The Pikeville Junior High look pretty good and now they get ready for Belfry to come to town Thursday
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Fanatic42
I thought it was lack of competition in 1A. Long gone are the days when a mountain team like Hazard, WBurg, Elkhorn City, Lynch, Neon, etc...Without a competitive NCC, Beechwood, Mayfield, or Danville, I suppose it doesn't matter who you play, so as long as the end of the year banner says "state champions"
[-] The following 3 users Like Real Badman's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Blue_Bird96, Shogun
Pikeville having the feeder program it has now, along with great coaching and committed community support will continue right on having these young men ready for the varsity year in and year out. Better competition than what was available twenty - thirty years ago makes a difference as well.

(08-19-2024, 12:50 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: The Pikeville Junior High look pretty good and  now they get ready for Belfry to come to town Thursday
From the looks of what Belfry middle School did to North Laurel's team 42 - 0 this past Saturday at Belfry, Thursday's game with the Pikeville JV should be a dandy!
[-] The following 4 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Boomer_Sooner, Fanatic42, jetpilot, Patriot1
(08-19-2024, 03:53 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Pikeville having the feeder program it has now, along with great coaching and committed community support will continue right on having these young men ready for the varsity year in and year out. Better competition than what was available twenty - thirty years ago makes a difference as well.

(08-19-2024, 12:50 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: The Pikeville Junior High look pretty good and  now they get ready for Belfry to come to town Thursday
From the looks of what Belfry middle School did to North Laurel's team 42 - 0 this past Saturday at Belfry, Thursday's game with the Pikeville JV should be a dandy!
This game will be live streamed Thursday eve. Mtn. Top Sports, Pikeville.
[-] The following 3 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Fanatic42, Old School 18, Patriot1
I hope Pikeville wins several more state titles in a role, but I also hope their players don't see posts like this.  They need to worry about one game at a time and one season at a time.  It's good to be confident, but you obviously don't want to be too confident.  Hopefully the coaches keep the players' heads out of the clouds.  We all remember the Hazard playoff loss a few years ago.
[-] The following 5 users Like Westside's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot, Panther Thunder, Patriot1, The Red Eminence
(08-19-2024, 01:06 PM)Real Badman Wrote: I thought it was lack of competition in 1A. Long gone are the days when a mountain team like Hazard, WBurg, Elkhorn City, Lynch, Neon,  etc...Without a competitive NCC, Beechwood, Mayfield, or Danville, I suppose it doesn't matter who you play, so as long as the end of the year banner says "state champions"

This is it. Not knocking Pikeville, they are better now than when they were sharing a class with all of the traditional small school powerhouses and are on or exceeded those teams' levels talent-wise, but they are going to continue to dominate 1A mostly because of the chasm between them and the rest of the class. Pikeville would still win titles if they were in a class with Mayfield, LCA, Beechwood, Owensboro Catholic, Somerset, Danville, and the like, but it would not be the mail in trophies that they get in 1A right now.
Pikeville is and will continue to be the standard in 1A. They have the goods this year. It may take a few games to get rolling but they are good. Next year will be a big test. They lose a ton to graduation. Never know about transfers in today's times but that can always change things. They have a great Sophomore class but when they are seniors, there are some holes to fill at some positions. Younger guys will come along but it isn't a cake walk the next 2 seasons and after that, I think there is a slight drop off until their state champions from last year in 6th grade come along. Campbellsville and Sayre will have something to say about this season also. I think Sayre is a sleeper program if they continue to improve and Campbellsville out west has a good thing going. I also expect Hazard to be a problem in the next 2 years. Maybe too soon this year although they will be improved but the next 2 seasons, they will put up some resistance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-18-2024, 04:54 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville's Middle School/JR High team vs LCA Lexington Christian Academy game 1 of the Season. Pikeville will continue to reload and add to the the High School roster every year. [Video: https://youtu.be/MGyr4LbK9-E?si=DMjvgdtxPBKA_D5S]

What? Is that bad music video going to keep team from wanting to play them?
Or -- are other teams worried that they will have to listen to that arrogant "look at me ... look at me" mentality video? 

Pikeville would be in trouble if Beechwood and Mayfield ended up back in Class A.
Where were they when Beechwood and Mayfield were running rough shod on Class A in the 90's, 2000's, 2010's?
With a display like this ... all you are doing is drawing attention to horrendous music and putting a bullseyes on the back of young players.

Pikeville is a great program -- quit trying to pretend like they are the gold standard. They aren't. They are one reclass away from getting beat in the semi-finals every year.
Pikeville will have little to no resistance the next two years imo. As someone else mentioned Campbellsville is a big factor right now. They keep getting the kids back from Taylor Co that they had been losing over the last 10 or so years. Same thing can be said for Paris, as they are getting more and more kids back from Bourbon Co.
(08-19-2024, 07:43 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(08-18-2024, 04:54 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville's Middle School/JR High team vs LCA Lexington Christian Academy game 1 of the Season. Pikeville will continue to reload and add to the the High School roster every year. [Video: https://youtu.be/MGyr4LbK9-E?si=DMjvgdtxPBKA_D5S]

Or -- are other teams worried that they will have to listen to that arrogant "look at me ... look at me" mentality video? 

Pikeville would be in trouble if Beechwood and Mayfield ended up back in Class A.
Where were they when Beechwood and Mayfield were running rough shod on Class A in the 90's, 2000's, 2010's?
With a display like this ... all you are doing is drawing attention to horrendous music and putting a bullseyes on the back of young players.

Pikeville is a great program -- quit trying to pretend like they are the gold standard. They aren't. They are one reclass away from getting beat in the semi-finals every year.

Please. Last 2 times Pikeville and Beechwood met in the finals it was Pikeville in a rout and Beechwood by 1 and very fortunate to hang on. Beechwood fan calling Pikeville arrogant or bad taste is great comedy, you should take that show on the road lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-19-2024, 08:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Please. Last 2 times Pikeville and Beechwood met in the finals it was Pikeville in a rout and Beechwood by 1 and very fortunate to hang on. Beechwood fan calling Pikeville arrogant or bad taste is great comedy, you should take that show on the road lol

It would defintely be a different animal for Pikeville to be in 2A.  They wouldn't be getting beat in the semi-finals every year, like was said above.  But they wouldn't be ripping off 4-5 titles in a row either.  I don't know if they will get 7-10 in a row, but it is certainly possible give the current classification.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville, Mayfield and Beechwood would all win less titles if Pikeville was in 2A, everybody understands this IMO. Also, 2A is 10x harder to win than 1A because it has many more good teams.
  • Fanatic42
I think 2A is a tough class with several teams who seem to be good year in and year out. My opinion is it’s tougher than 3A except for CAL. Hopefully 1A will trend that way. I do think there are a few programs on the rise in 1A.
3A has become the new 2A (in the old 4 class system). Only a handful of teams capable of winning each year and most of the time the top dog doesn’t have much of a competition
Beechwood always is a good football program but lately they had to travel to Mayfield to get to Kroger which was a bad trip but this year I think they take 2A and some of the last few years Pikeville would have given them all they can handle definitely the 2019 team from Pikeville and I don’t think Pikeville had anything to do with the move to 2A and it probably should have been before the year it took place but they always had a good portal guy too

Thought some more about this.

Sports teams spend billions upon billions per year promoting themselves.
Same with companies bombarding your TV and social media with commercials and ads.
Same with political parties and politicians.
You are being bombarded with advertising 24/7/365.

So if you are triggered by Pikeville having professional quality videos featuring their student-athletes, KIDS, sorry but that's on you.

P.S. - Hello, young people music is awful. Even at Beechwood. Hate to admit it but I really like the first song in that video. Listened to it 3 times lol. If you don't like the music just mute your audio and enjoy the beatdown.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Fanatic42, Westside
(05-11-2024, 08:28 AM)Grannyshot Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 03:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 08:29 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: It is starting to heat up... hearing that Greer is taking an administration job in neighboring county. As I stated before, this search is similar to UK in replacing Cal... They have made a "HUGE" offer to Haddix but heard alot of the "old-timers" were not happy and the HS principal was upset and voiced his displeasure. I did hear a name that seems to be picking up steam should the top picks say no - Jerry Bird. Was told he has reached out and expressed interest. He is currently at South Carolina State.

Jerry Bird is dead , so he's not walking through those gates, not Pearly or otherwise. Steve, however, is still alive. Surprised that EKU never gave Steve a shot. He's as much of a legend in Richmond as he was in Corbin. 

On a side note, the "old timers" can kiss my fat, white ass!!!

Sorry OSH.. meant to say Steve Bird.. He has def expressed interest.

(08-19-2024, 11:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Same with companies bombarding your TV and social media with commercials and ads.

So if you are triggered by Pikeville having professional quality videos featuring their student-athletes, KIDS, sorry but that's on you.

P.S. - Hello, young people music is awful. Even at Beechwood. Hate to admit it but I really like the first song in that video. Listened to it 3 times lol. If you don't like the music just mute your audio and enjoy the beatdown.

Me triggered? I am not the one who has came back twice in short order to whine about how good Pikeville is or bragging about a video of middle school kids who may not even grow another inch before they make it to high school.

It isn't just the music ... its the "look at me" mentality that hangs all over that video ... and the fact that you seem to be completely out out touch with reality. Pikeville isn't taking any titles from AA if they ever move up (LCA VS Pikeville  in 2020 and 2021 ... LCA won both by 2 TDs or more ... yet Beechwood beats them both years in the State Championship).

Pikeville = great program ... no doubt. Pikeville winning 7 or 8 in a row? Not happening.
My whole point to showing the Video is no matter what Srs Pikeville may lose each Season to Graduation their talent is spread out across each class perfectly. They're isn't any gaps in talent whether it be Sr,Jrs,Sophs,Fresh or even 8th-7th Grades. So Pikeville will continue to reload and never rebuild.
Pikeville beat Beechwood in 2015 for a state title. 2022 they had a running clock on LCA. See how easy it is to cherry pick years and results. I also don’t think they win 7-10 in a row but to say they wouldn’t ever win AA is silly. These videos are usually for the kids at whatever school they attend and not to beat their chest. I would have loved to have had those memories captured and I’m sure the kids and parents are appreciative.
(08-20-2024, 10:53 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: My whole point to showing the Video is no matter what Srs Pikeville may lose each Season to Graduation their talent is spread out across each class perfectly. They're isn't any gaps in talent whether it be Sr,Jrs,Sophs,Fresh or even 8th-7th Grades. So Pikeville will continue to reload and never rebuild.
Why do you think that is? Pikeville gets a new group of kids each year from the transfer portal, regardless if it's elementary, middle, or high school. I'm not knocking Pikeville for this, I believe all schools would welcome these kids with open arms, but the truth is the truth. It's not like the Pikeville school district is breeding studs year in and year out, it's about getting the best athletes from surrounding schools to buy into the Pikeville tradition, and the rest takes care of itself. As long as Pikeville is in 1A, nobody is going to touch them, because as Fanatic42 stated, they will never rebuild, because they have the resources to reload every year. I'm not hating, I respect what Pikeville has built, but facts are facts!
What exactly is the enrollment boundary? What is considered city limits now?
(08-20-2024, 11:11 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 10:53 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: My whole point to showing the Video is no matter what Srs Pikeville may lose each Season to Graduation their talent is spread out across each class perfectly. They're isn't any gaps in talent whether it be Sr,Jrs,Sophs,Fresh or even 8th-7th Grades. So Pikeville will continue to reload and never rebuild.
Why do you think that is? Pikeville gets a new group of kids each year from the transfer portal, regardless if it's elementary, middle, or high school. I'm not knocking Pikeville for this, I believe all schools would welcome these kids with open arms, but the truth is the truth. It's not like the Pikeville school district is breeding studs year in and year out, it's about getting the best athletes from surrounding schools to buy into the Pikeville tradition, and the rest takes care of itself. As long as Pikeville is in 1A, nobody is going to touch them, because as Fanatic42 stated, they will never rebuild, because they have the resources to reload every year. I'm not hating, I respect what Pikeville has built, but facts are facts!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(08-20-2024, 10:50 AM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(05-11-2024, 08:28 AM)Grannyshot Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 03:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 08:29 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: It is starting to heat up... hearing that Greer is taking an administration job in neighboring county. As I stated before, this search is similar to UK in replacing Cal... They have made a "HUGE" offer to Haddix but heard alot of the "old-timers" were not happy and the HS principal was upset and voiced his displeasure. I did hear a name that seems to be picking up steam should the top picks say no - Jerry Bird. Was told he has reached out and expressed interest. He is currently at South Carolina State.

Jerry Bird is dead , so he's not walking through those gates, not Pearly or otherwise. Steve, however, is still alive. Surprised that EKU never gave Steve a shot. He's as much of a legend in Richmond as he was in Corbin. 

On a side note, the "old timers" can kiss my fat, white ass!!!

Sorry OSH.. meant to say Steve Bird.. He has def expressed interest.

(08-19-2024, 11:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Me triggered? I am not the one who has came back twice in short order to whine about how good Pikeville is or bragging about a video of middle school kids who may not even grow another inch before they make it to high school.

It isn't just the music ... its the "look at me" mentality that hangs all over that video ... and the fact that you seem to be completely out out touch with reality. Pikeville isn't taking any titles from AA if they ever move up (LCA VS Pikeville  in 2020 and 2021 ... LCA won both by 2 TDs or more ... yet Beechwood beats them both years in the State Championship).

Pikeville = great program ... no doubt. Pikeville winning 7 or 8 in a row? Not happening.
Which is it? Your whole argument is nonsensical. 

Also...TRIGGERED!!!!!!
People can talk on hypotheticals all day but the fact remains that Pikeville is in 1A and will likely remain there for a long time and the 2A teams being mentioned will likely stay in 2A. With those factors being what they are the reality is that in the foreseeable future there isn’t a 1A team that will be dethroning Pikeville and 7-8 consecutive titles is a real possibility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Fanatic42
A middle school football video sparked this argument. lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like king360's post:
  • Belichick, RunItUpTheGut
(08-20-2024, 02:42 PM)king360 Wrote: A middle school football video sparked this argument. lol.

And sparked you to post in this thread too hehe
  • Fanatic42
(08-20-2024, 03:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 02:42 PM)king360 Wrote: A middle school football video sparked this argument. lol.

And sparked you to post in this thread too hehe
entertainment purposes. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes king360's post:
  • jetpilot
Jealousy is a cruel and evil mistress. This thread drips with jealousy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • jetpilot
The thread states "this is why Pikeville will win 7 to 10 titles in a row." My comment regarding transfers doesn't have any thing to do with jealousy, it's factual. To me this is the reason why Pikeville has a legitimate shot at winning seven or more titles in a row. Also, is it true that Pikeville has a CAP on how many students can attend?