Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rowan County
0%
Lawrence County
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rowan County at Lawrence County 8/23
Rowan County vs Lawrence County. Thoughts?
If the bulldogs keeps the penalties and mistakes down they could win big in this one!!
LC 42-RC 7
I like the Lawrence Co in this one.
Bulldogs roll in this one!
It will be out of hand fast.
If Rowan avoids a running clock it is a win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bandit29's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
All I know is that anybody can beat anyone on any given night so Bulldogs need to execute on both sides of the ball.
Bulldogs easy win
Who are players to watch for Rowan?
Guess we will have to wait until week 2 to get an understanding on how good lawrence is. I’d love to see them be really good but playing rowan isn’t really a toe to toe battle.

50-6 running clock early third
Lawrence continues to play one of the softest schedules in the state.
(08-19-2024, 11:55 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Guess we will have to wait until week 2 to get an understanding on how good lawrence is. I’d love to see them be really good but playing rowan isn’t really a toe to toe battle.

50-6 running clock early third
I agree, I believe they're pretty good but somewhat young at that!! The youngins that are starting are stars tho. So we shall see. I really believe it's gonna come down to execution like any other team and keep the penalties down!! That part always seems to always bite the Dawgs in the a** in big games..
Does LC have a radio station that is going to carry their games this year?
(08-20-2024, 07:54 PM)Dawg Family Wrote: Does LC have a radio station that is going to carry their games this year?
Wkyh 99.3 or wkyham.com
That is correct, 99.3 picks up locally south of Louisa with it being a Paintsville station. Best way to listen is online, keep in mind there will be a little delay. You can also follow LC Sports Network on Facebook.
(08-19-2024, 01:39 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Lawrence continues to play one of the softest schedules in the state.
And everyone wonders why the belfry game is circled on the bulldogs schedule year in and year out!! Biggest game of the year...
(08-21-2024, 09:29 AM)Senters_93 Wrote:
(08-19-2024, 01:39 PM)Ralph Furley Wrote: Lawrence continues to play one of the softest schedules in the state.
And everyone wonders why the belfry game is circled on the bulldogs schedule year in and year out!! Biggest game of the year...
They need to stiffen the schedule up next season.  Get Raceland back on the schedule. Try to keep Belfry. See if they can add a school like Pikeville, Ashland, or Johnson Central. Or add another school from outside the area. It will help prepare them for the playoffs. Just my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LCfootball's post:
  • Patriot1
I think there's some validity to Mr. Furley's observation. You look at the schedule and see 9 very winnable games. Belfry is the only game I see where LC is an underdog. I don't mind the scheduling for this 2 year cycle. Young team needing experience, generate some confidence and excitement by (hopefully) winning some games. I also agree that they ought to consider scheduling a couple games above their weight class in the next cycle. They should be good to very good the next couple seasons, so a step up in competition couldn't hurt come playoff time. They lose Belfry in the district, and no offense to Letcher Central and the rest of the district teams, but the district won't exactly be a murderer's row.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harry Dawg's post:
  • Patriot1
They have added some new teams to stiffen the schedule for next season. It wouldn’t do LC any good to play Belfry for RPI purposes next season because they’ll be in 2A and that won’t help them. Belfry would always provide solid competition but in RPI points, it would not benefit them.
(08-21-2024, 04:39 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: They have added some new teams to stiffen the schedule for next season. It wouldn’t do LC any good to play Belfry for RPI purposes next season because they’ll be in 2A and that won’t help them. Belfry would always provide solid competition but in RPI points, it would not benefit them.
Are you allowed to say who the new teams are?
Imo now is the time for LC to adopt somewhat of a Raceland format and start scheduling some teams that will prepare them for the Belfry’s of the world in the playoffs. They have a really talented bunch of freshman and the future should be very bright in bulldog country. As for Friday night…goina be ugly.

LC could probably score 100….but Short ain’t that guy.

Dawgs 55
Vikings 7
Thanks guy's for the information about the games being broadcasted. I try to listen to the games and going to try and get back to Louisa for 1 or 2 games this year if possible. GO DAWGS
I cannot say who the new teams are, I’m sorry.
(08-21-2024, 08:31 PM)Dawg Family Wrote: Thanks guy's for the information about the games being broadcasted. I try to listen to the games and going to try and get back to Louisa for 1 or 2 games this year if possible. GO DAWGS
Well, ya better get here for some home games!! This team that coach short has put together is something spectacular this year!!
Another thing, me and my dad called it last year that Luke #2 qb is going to be something special. He played really good in the first couple games last year!! So far the scrimmage showed what kind of damage he can really do!! I can see some major stats going up for him and his guys this year!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senters_93's post:
  • Dawg Family
Will this game be streamed?