•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Pikeville 2024
So glad student athletes want to come into the Pikeville system rather than leave. Parents/students distance themselves from politics, turmoil and such and rightfully so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
Anybody know when and where the scrimmage games are this year?
(07-25-2024, 02:30 PM)Panther88 Wrote: Anybody know when and where the scrimmage games are this year?

Look here:

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/r...24/6269845
(07-25-2024, 06:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-25-2024, 02:30 PM)Panther88 Wrote: Anybody know when and where the scrimmage games are this year?

Look here:

the floyd scrimmage also includes martin county
[-] The following 1 user Likes HollyWood24's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^Cool, the more the merrier!
Any news on the supposed RB from Belfry transferring to Pikeville  ?
(07-26-2024, 10:10 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Any news on the supposed RB from Belfry transferring to Pikeville  ?
Both Caudill’s and Austin are at Belfry. Went and watched a practice last week and they all 3 were there and at the 7 on 7. With Belfry having to replace Young and Woolum it wouldn’t be a smart move to leave. We all know Anthony is going to get a majority of the touches at Pikeville.
(07-26-2024, 10:22 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(07-26-2024, 10:10 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Any news on the supposed RB from Belfry transferring to Pikeville  ?
Both Caudill’s and Austin are at Belfry. Went and watched a practice last week and they all 3 were there and at the 7 on 7. With Belfry having to replace Young and Woolum it wouldn’t be a smart move to leave. We all know Anthony is going to get a majority of the touches at Pikeville.

He will get the majority but Pikeville likes to spread it around at RB position. Anthony general doesn't have a lot of touches be a use he scores so fast. Coach Mac likes to test him when he can. Caudill will see carries just like last Season too.
I think Coach Mac will use a lot of running backs to start the season and as the season goes along and all are healthy then we will see a lot more of Anthony in the playoffs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(07-26-2024, 05:05 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I think Coach Mac will use a lot of running backs to start the season and as the season goes along and all are healthy then we will see a lot more of Anthony in the playoffs
Makes perfect sense to me Pat.1. These young studs have to be ''chomping at the bit'' to get started. Cant wait for the season to begin.
  • Patriot1
With Pikeville having a full stable of good RBs it would only make sense to spread out the touches in the regular season...keep Anthony as fresh as possible and get some of the younger guys experience that will pay dividends in the future.

Once the playoffs start though you ride Anthony like last season and let him steamroll Class A competition once again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • jetpilot
Pikeville had a midnight practice that started 3 hours ago.  I just woke up at 3 am.  I thought that I would grab my tablet to check something before I went back to sleep.  The first thing I see is a social media post with a video of some highlights of Pikeville's practice that just ended a few minutes ago.  I have a few thoughts on this.  First, dang, Pikeville already looks good.  Second, their coaches do an amazing job.  The players have amazing technique and form.  They are obviously very well coached.  Third, don't they sleep in Pikeville?  I'm  sure the video could have been released a few hours from now, not at 3 am.  Last but not least, as always, the video was top rate as usual.  Props to the person that produced it.  Well done, Panthers.
[-] The following 3 users Like Westside's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, jetpilot
If you are a good football player in that area and can play there, I have no idea why every kid would not try to get there especially if you want exposure and plan to play in college. They promote their kids, win at a high rate, have great coaches and facilities, great school, run college schemes. play in front of scouts almost weekly. It’s the best football school is eastern KY currently and has been for several years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(08-01-2024, 04:32 AM)Westside Wrote: Pikeville had a midnight practice that started 3 hours ago.  I just woke up at 3 am.  I thought that I would grab my tablet to check something before I went back to sleep.  The first thing I see is a social media post with a video of some highlights of Pikeville's practice that just ended a few minutes ago.  I have a few thoughts on this.  First, dang, Pikeville already looks good.  Second, their coaches do an amazing job.  The players have amazing technique and form.  They are obviously very well coached.  Third, don't they sleep in Pikeville?  I'm  sure the video could have been released a few hours from now, not at 3 am.  Last but not least, as always, the video was top rate as usual.  Props to the person that produced it.  Well done, Panthers.
Lol! Same here Westside. Up late watching it too. Your right, they do look good already! Looks like a good number of fans were in the bleachers to see this as well. The person doing the video does an excellent job, and is first class all the way, and is always willing to help! Props to him from here as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot, Westside
(07-25-2024, 06:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Look here:

12dt website is temporarily missing the Ironton, Ohio game.
Excellent preview from WCHS out of Charleston. Very well done. Duty and Anthony are studs and there are a lot more. Could be another very special season, this team has all the tools...

https://wchstv.com/sports/high-school-sp...at-in-2024
[-] The following 5 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42, Patriot1, PHSForever, The 99
(08-03-2024, 01:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Excellent preview from WCHS out of Charleston. Very well done. Duty and Anthony are studs and there are a lot more. Could be another very special season, this team has all the tools...

https://wchstv.com/sports/high-school-sp...at-in-2024
Impressed with this interview. Thanks for sharing this jp.
  • jetpilot
Is it Thursday or Friday that Breathitt n Pikeville scrimmage.
(08-05-2024, 11:21 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Is it Thursday or Friday that Breathitt n Pikeville scrimmage.
Thursday @ Hambly, 7:30 pm
(08-05-2024, 11:54 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 11:21 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Is it Thursday or Friday that Breathitt n Pikeville scrimmage.

Any chance for a live feed? I know BSN will do it if there allowed too. Would like to watch that one again.
(08-05-2024, 11:58 AM)bac2369 Wrote:
(08-05-2024, 11:54 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote:

Any chance for a live feed?  I know BSN will do it if there allowed too. Would like to watch that one again.
Not sure bac. I appreciate BSN covering it. I watched on that outlet last season at Breathitt and they did a fine job. Mountain top Sports could have a livestream for it, just don't know at this point. Hopefully it will be announced soon.
Pikeville/Ironton game has been added to Pikeville schedule on KHSAA scoreboard but still no Dohn Community. Anyone know if that game is still on, and if not is Pikeville looking for another game?
(08-01-2024, 08:29 AM)Belichick Wrote: If you are a good football player in that area and can play there, I have no idea why every kid would not try to get there especially if you want exposure and plan to play in college. They promote their kids, win at a high rate, have great coaches and facilities, great school, run college schemes. play in front of scouts almost weekly. It’s the best football school is eastern KY currently and has been for several years.
I agree with everything that you said, except for the "every kid that can play should want to go there" statement. Believe it or not, there are a lot of kids who love their home, and their high school football tradition. Regardless, if it's their love for the game, a high school they grew up watching, or wanting to follow in the footsteps of their parents, some things mean more to certain kids more than others. Some kids want to play with a certain group of friends from the elementary level, to the high school level. That bond is something that wins or other accolades can't replace. I see it regularly , that local kids from the area are jumping ship and heading to Pikeville. In a sense I don't blame them, but I also respect the kids who stay loyal and represent their home school. Also, if you are a good football player you get noticed regardless, and it all starts with exposure at camps. I respect Pikeville and everything they have accomplished, but I'm "old school" when it comes transfers and immediate gratification.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • Statebound19
I applaud any kid who stays at their home school with their friends and tries to achieve whatever goals they have. I also don’t blame kids who transfer for the right reasons. Exposure camps are difficult to get noticed. Most are 1 day and crowded. Coaches at the event gravitate toward kids they are already recruiting and are present that day. Unless you have a breakout skill like elite speed, it will be hard to stand out. But as the old saying goes, game film doesn’t lie and if you are playing for a good team against good teams and have good film, that’ll get you somewhere. Pikeville puts their kids in better positions to stand out. Belfry and JC are awesome football schools and I hope they continue to crush it. But their system is not as helpful to their players seeking to play in college unless they are a linemen and even then, they don’t run a college style of offense. They have to be able to pass block. The other area teams are a bit behind those 3. That was my point. Awesome for kids to stay put but if they have other plans, Pikeville is hard to beat.
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
Just saw this. Pikeville 3-peat. As always, could not have been done any better.

(08-12-2024, 11:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Just saw this. Pikeville 3-peat. As always, could not have been done any better.

PT could make a nice living making videos like this for programs.

Pikeville is blessed to have him!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • jetpilot
Any update on the 10th game? Think it was an OH team. Something…community maybe? It’s not showing on KHSAA
Pikeville is playing Dohn Community out of Ohio, so they have 10 games this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^Awesome, thanks
Im changing my prediction from corbin winning a close game to corbin winning between 14-21. Im think some where along the lines of 21-7 maybe 35-14 corbin.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next