•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Pikeville 2024
All things considered, unless Pikeville system decides to put a cap on enrollment to stay in 1A, I expect their numbers to continue to climb.
There is a cap on enrollment for various reasons but teacher student ratio is the biggest one. Academics come first at Pikeville and the school can only handle so many kids with no room on the property to expand the building.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jelly Roll's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42, jetpilot
(07-15-2024, 12:05 AM)Jelly Roll Wrote: I disagree the kicker will definitely make an impact and who knows with the kid from Georgia. Any idea who the other transfers are and how many have enrolled?
Kicker is nails. Didn’t mean to discount him or anyone else. But I haven’t heard the other additions are major upgrades but maybe will add depth.  I’ll be interested to see them in full scrimmage and of course games. Panthers tend to use 7 v 7 for tuning the defense and building some chemistry between QB and receivers.  The scrimmages and early games will show more.
(07-15-2024, 11:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville having excellent sports programs all around and being one of the top academic schools in the state factor into the big draw as well.
Absolutely right. If parents want the very best academically and a very successful sports program, then Pikeville would be the logical choice. Someone pointed out in another comment that ''academics come first at Pikeville Independent''. Couldn't have been said better. Our child being enrolled there made us realize that fact. So yes, it has to be a huge factor. Jmo
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(07-15-2024, 06:58 PM)Jelly Roll Wrote: There is a cap on enrollment for various reasons but teacher student ratio is the biggest one. Academics come first at Pikeville and the school can only handle so many kids with no room on the property to expand the building.

All true. Sorry Scotty unless Pikeville builds a new high school just for the sake of expansion (very unlikely) you are stuck with Pikeville in Class A for many years to come
I could care less if Pikeville is 1A or not. It was a legit question and or statement that unless Pikeville chose to change the cap rule…they would only be able to grow so much more.
Pikeville doesn’t need to grow their school system, they need to preserve it which they are doing a great job of
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42
The city of Pikeville has grown leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of eastern Kentucky besides London. The kids that don’t make it into Pikeville where do they end up ? I’m curious
The mission of Pikeville Independent is quality education. That’s why they are a top academic school in Kentucky.
I doubt they ever discuss what happens if someone isn’t good enough to start on the football team.
And if they don’t get into Pikeville it’s just like everywhere else. Pike High is for Pikeville residents and if there is any space left they take tuition students. Probably just like that at all other independent schools like Hazard Paintsville and all over
Oh I’m sure it’s just like the other independent schools. Pikeville is without question a great system from top to bottom. I was interested in the cap conversation is the only reason I made the comment. Bc without it, Pikeville would begin to grow and expand without question. Wasn’t throwing any shade on n any way. But I’ve heard that the cap is in place to keep things as small as possible.
(07-18-2024, 01:21 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Oh I’m sure it’s just like the other independent schools. Pikeville is without question a great system from top to bottom. I was interested in the cap conversation is the only reason I made the comment. Bc without it, Pikeville would begin to grow and expand without question. Wasn’t throwing any shade on n any way. But I’ve heard that the cap is in place to keep things as small as possible.
To keep it small so the quality of the academics and the experience remain worth it. They don’t want to be bursting at the seams with overcrowded classrooms and a lesser experience. Not just to stay 1A
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSForever's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
I've been hoping Pikeville would move up to 2A for a few years but as others have said Pikeville High School is a top 5-10 school system in the state when it comes to academics and that is by far their top priority as it obviously should be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • jetpilot
Staying in Class A football doesn't figure into Pikeville Independent Schools can we all just please be real once and for all lol
Moving to 2A would be a good move. They will still be a top 5 school in 2A but it’s going to be a lot tougher than dominating 1A with teams like Mayfield, Beechwood, Lexington Christian and Owensboro Catholic.
^^^Heard that a million times and it's false every time. What's smart is playing in the class you belong in.
  • PHSForever
I agree there JP. Question though….

I heard Pikeville got another Belfry kid. Can anyone validate this? Supposedly a RB that should be a Jr this year.
(07-23-2024, 03:40 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I agree there JP. Question though….

I heard Pikeville got another Belfry kid. Can anyone validate this? Supposedly a RB that should be a Jr this year.
I haven’t heard that Armchair but Pikeville has a stable of running backs now
That was my confusion. With Stephens likely to see more time on offense this year and the atheletes in the Soph/Jr class, you have Anthony, Caudill, and Anderson at the FB spot, unless your are an absolute stud, I can’t see someone else coming in. Especially with how well the ball is spaced out by Mac.
Haven't heard anything but seems like D&D Sports would have already tweeted it if it were true. But I could absolutely understand if someone wanted to come and have an excellent chance at 2 state championships. Yes Pikeville is loaded at RB. Don't know if you're talking about Caudill or Austin but both are good. Caudill would get some touches immediately on offense and both of them are also good defensive players and would see time. Both would start next year somewhere I believe. All pure speculation though we will find out soon enough.
  • Big Five-0-
(07-23-2024, 10:19 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Haven't heard anything but seems like D&D Sports would have already tweeted it if it were true. But I could absolutely understand if someone wanted to come and have an excellent chance at 2 state championships. Yes Pikeville is loaded at RB. Don't know if you're talking about Caudill or Austin but both are good. Caudill would get some touches immediately on offense and both of them are also good defensive players and would see time. Both would start next year somewhere I believe. All pure speculation though we will find out soon enough.
If true, if its Caudill from Belfry that would potentially put two Caudills in the backfield for the Panthers.
For most part running backs stay or come to Belfry because of their design to run the ball 90% of the time Pikeville is more of a 60 to 40% scheme of running and passing except for last year it was more running but with what they had that was a good option and I don’t see that changing this year either
Anthony is gonna get the majority of carries of course. Especially when district and playoffs start. You may see several others carrying the ball some until then. I would guess anyway. Maybe up to 4 or 5 kids. But maybe I’m wrong too. lol
I believe the Panthers will throw more this year than last but they will still be run heavy. Have some legit receivers and Duty has looked great early.
Glad to hear Duty is out there. I figured all the talk about him sitting out for baseball was hot garbage nonsense.
Can we expect to see the QB from Grundy play some WR?
(07-25-2024, 12:28 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Can we expect to see the QB from Grundy play some WR?

lol. How many years does a kid have to go to school at Pikeville before he's from Pikeville?
  • Big Five-0-
(07-25-2024, 01:08 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(07-25-2024, 12:28 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Can we expect to see the QB from Grundy play some WR?

lol. How many years does a kid have to go to school at Pikeville before he's from Pikeville?

Will the stanley kid from Belfry get any reps at RB this year? Seemed like he had a bright future at one time at RB but i also noticed he got lost in rotation at that position last year too. Good LB though.
(07-25-2024, 02:46 AM)Old School 18 Wrote:
(07-25-2024, 01:08 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Will the stanley kid from Belfry get any reps at RB this year? Seemed like he had a bright future at one time at RB but i also noticed he got lost in rotation at that position last year too. Good LB though.
I think Stanley plays in the tight end position and running back some and I think you will see him some there some especially as a blocking back for Anthony
No
[-] The following 2 users Like Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-, BlackcatAlum
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next