Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Corbin Schedule 2024
(06-13-2024, 06:15 PM)RTruth Wrote: Pikeville going to make the new coach remember why he left Kentucky.

Boyle might send him back to Single A ball in West Virginia

You do speak the truth! Pikeville RBs going to run over Corbin defense so bad the Smith twins will be sore for a week.
I was going to the Corbin/JC game but looks like Ironton at Pikeville is the same night. Talk about 2 huge games in the mountains on the same night...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
Jet and Bull, can you imagine me doing this in the middle of Campbell Field during the Corbin-Pikeville game and a Corbin cop hot on my tail with a taser in hand?  If I attempted to execute a perfect backflip during the game , would you guys pool your bags of money and bail me out of the Corbin jail?

[Image: https://www.redszone.com/forums/attachme...1718319601]
(06-13-2024, 10:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Jet and Bull, can you imagine me doing this in the middle of Campbell Field during the Corbin-Pikeville game and a Corbin cop hot on my tail with a taser in hand?  If I attempted to execute a perfect backflip during the game , would you guys pool your bags of money and bail me out of the Corbin jail?

[Image: https://www.redszone.com/forums/attachme...1718319601]
Haha I will be at the jail waiting on you to post bail win or lose OSH!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Old School Hound
(06-11-2024, 01:08 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 12:02 AM)Khalisimo Wrote:
(06-10-2024, 10:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote: 7-3 or 6-4

Lose to Pikeville, FD and either Johnson Central or Lexington Catholic or both.
where can i buy a nice maroon shirt for that week

We have all sizes in our house, we will give you one.

After seeing a post by the great 64SUR warning about defense, I took a look at Corbin defense stats.

9 of top 12 tacklers gone.

Smith 1, Smith 2, Warren gone (DL?)
Baker, Neal, Lawson gone (LBs)
Curry, Gibert, Lester gone (DBs)

Mahan, Hatfield, Bates return.

So all the new guys are going to stop Anthony of Pikeville and a loaded, veteran offense in their first game? Nah...
And not buying Corbin offense wins a shootout either. Pikeville brings a terrific defense in.

That's why I have 3-4 losses. And Corbin fans are in for a huge shock going to Johnson Central. If JC is healthy look out...freight train on their home field.
Corbin will destroy Johnson Central and beat Pikeville so bad your hind end will be smoked.
(06-12-2024, 08:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-11-2024, 09:12 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

After seeing a post by the great 64SUR warning about defense, I took a look at Corbin defense stats.

So all the new guys are going to stop Anthony of Pikeville and a loaded, veteran offense in their first game? Nah...
And not buying Corbin offense wins a shootout either. Pikeville brings a terrific defense in.

That's why I have 3-4 losses. And Corbin fans are in for a huge shock going to Johnson Central. If JC is healthy look out...freight train on their home field.

I'm not in for a shock, that is the one game on Corbin's schedule that Corbin hasn't won yet. Corbin has not won at Johnson Central. I don't look for Corbin to win this year either. But if they do, it will be because the offense was on fire. I do think if Corbin beats Pikeville, you will agree that Corbin's offense was on fire and won that game by shootout and especially on the offensive side of the ball. But I will point something out. Greer is gone. He wouldn't play kids on both sides of the ball. This new coach may play kids on both sides of the ball. If he does. There is a lot of talent on the field still there. That can fill some of the missing spots in a hurry and with talent. Still lots of unknowns till we see what Corbin is actually going to do defensively for me to know how to pick. First game will tell the story.  Smile

Corbin will beat Pikeville. If I'm wrong about that, I will run onto the field like the guy who got tased last night at GABP.  I might even run out there wearing just a loin cloth and  "GREER SUCKS"  painted on my chest .So, if we lose. I fully expect to to be tased and taken to the pokey for the night.  I wonder if any of my Hound friends on here would be willing post my bail?

The guy in Cincinnati executed a perfect backflip prior to getting tased. Unfortunately for the fan wearing the Bench jersey, the cop executed a perfect tase. 

Because I'm closer to Granny Bear's age than I am Bull's age , I can't promise anyone that I'll be able to execute a backflip. 

[Image: https://thespun.com/.image/t_share/MjA3M...i-reds.jpg]
I want to see you do the back flip into the taser Smile
(06-12-2024, 11:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 09:45 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think it would be ESPN worthy lol.  Big Grin

TOP PLAYS ??? 

It would almost worth the jail time to make ESPN's top play with "Tommy SUCKS" painted on my chest for all the world to see. Would you post my bail, Bull, old friend?

I'm sad for you that he didn't say yes. I'll bail you out. lol
(06-14-2024, 12:19 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Corbin will destroy Johnson Central and beat Pikeville so bad your hind end will be smoked.

i will hate taking a huge sack of your money but I will use it to bail OSH out and buy your BBQ!
(06-14-2024, 12:59 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 12:19 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

i will hate taking a huge sack of your money but I will use it to bail OSH out and buy your BBQ!
I'll hate it too. lol
(06-14-2024, 12:23 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 11:25 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-12-2024, 09:45 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I think it would be ESPN worthy lol.  Big Grin

TOP PLAYS ??? 

It would almost worth the jail time to make ESPN's top play with "Tommy SUCKS" painted on my chest for all the world to see. Would you post my bail, Bull, old friend?

I'm sad for you that he didn't say yes. I'll bail you out. lol
Jet says that he loves me but the b*****d would probably sit outside my jail cell window and taunt me. You and I have common ancestry in Rockholds/Meadow Creek/ Goldbug. Plus, I'm  pushing  your barbeque sauce to family and friends.   Smile Don't let your family sit in jail because of a backflip.

Here's me when I last went to Europe back in 2005. I scampered for 40 yards  off tackle until the security goon tackled me. I told him to watch where he put his hands or he might get a very stiff fine.   I'm willing to do it again at Corbin-Pikeville if BGR friends will donate money for my fines and bail.

[Image: https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-imag...7dadb4fdd8]

Kinda embarrassing to admit this but I accrued a mountain of fines and a lifetime ban from the Cincinnati Zoo for doing the same thing when I was twenty.
And here they come...  

BGR, meet my newest friend.  Arriving out of Ona, WV, is 5' 11" , 175 lb. WR/CB , Myles Meadors. Immediately becomes one of Corbin's best all around athletes.  In addition to being an outstanding pass receiver , the young man is a dynamic punt/kickoff returner. But that's not all, he's a two-way guy, He's a terrific, potentially elite, cornerback. He runs a 4.49 sec forty yd. dash.  Myles was also a track star at Cabell Midland. I'm really impressed by this kid. Very nice young man. Happy and excited to be in Corbin, KY.  He gets free meals on me all season long. I also talked to a couple of his teammates and they give him rave reviews. "Lightning quick" is how one Hound player described him.  Keep 'em coming, Coach Luke.

[Image: https://static.hudl.com/users/prod/16282...57e58d.jpg]

[Image: https://prepredzone.com/wp-content/uploa...jpeg?w=900]

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GKH9RERXkAAD...name=large]

Congrats to our newest Redhound on his D-1 offer from Appalachian State.  Looking forward to a sterling season from this dynamic playmaker!!! I'm very impressed by this kid. Very smart(3.5 GPA) , high IQ kid. He gets rave reviews(and lots of free eats) from Old School.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Big Boomer
Is he a good hurdler ??
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
(06-18-2024, 09:45 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Is he a good hurdler ??

That's not funny. Not funny at all.  Smile  

Actually, yes, he's a good hurdler. Hopefully, he won't be doing much of it on the football field in third round playoff games.
  • BEChargers
So you could beat Boyle with all the talent Tim Short could buy….and now you think one kid from the backwoods of WV is going to make a difference???? That is funnier than an Old School Hound back flip then getting a taser shot
(06-18-2024, 10:56 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: So you could beat Boyle with all the talent Tim Short could buy….and now you think one kid from the backwoods of WV is going to make a difference????  That is funnier than an Old School Hound back flip then getting a taser shot
It will take more than Myles but it's a good start.  Good to finally have a speedy, potentially elite defender in the D backfield, though.
  • Old School 18
I spoke to a Corbin player the same day that Salmons announced he was taking the Corbin job. I asked him about how he felt about the team this season. His enthusiasm was underwhelming. He said he thought they would be "okay" but that's about it. I spoke to the same kid yesterday and his whole demeanor had changed. He was excited about the season, said "we are gonna be good!" In a matter of four short weeks, the kid's perspective had totally changed. He said the kids LOVE this new coach.

Coach Salmons, first test passed with flying colors!!!
What am I missing here. 4 weeks since Salmons has been announced. Wasn’t it around the first of June. Today is Juneteenth. Dont add up.

That kid is prob pretty good. Will be a starter. I’d guess his 40 is hand timed and not laser. The hounds need 5 more just like him or better. As well as some linebackers and lineman. I still don’t think skill wise that would be better than Boyle. These are the skill guys you gotta beat on the field.

Quissenberry
D Brown
G Brown
Ray
B Driver
S Driver
Hager
McPherson
Bodner

Just 3 seniors in this group ^ all these young men will play at the next level. 6 of them will play power 5.

Then you gotta beat the play caller!

Gotta stop with the false hope for this year OSH. Next year as well.
I swear yall are obsessed with corbin football

Does corbin even have any other sports
(06-19-2024, 09:07 AM)HighViz Wrote: What am I missing here.  4 weeks since Salmons has been announced.  Wasn’t it around the first of June.  Today is Juneteenth.    Dont add up. 

That kid is prob pretty good.  Will be a starter.  I’d guess his 40 is hand timed and not laser.  The hounds need 5 more just like him or better.  As well as some linebackers and lineman.  I still don’t think skill wise that would be better than Boyle. These are the skill guys you gotta beat on the field. 

Quissenberry
D Brown
G Brown
Ray
B Driver
S Driver
Hager
McPherson
Bodner

Just 3 seniors in this group ^ all these young men will play at the next level.  6 of them will play power 5.

Gotta stop with the false hope for this year OSH.  Next year as well.

5 seniors in that group.
(06-19-2024, 09:07 AM)HighViz Wrote: What am I missing here.  4 weeks since Salmons has been announced.  Wasn’t it around the first of June.  Today is Juneteenth.    Dont add up. 

That kid is prob pretty good.  Will be a starter.  I’d guess his 40 is hand timed and not laser.  The hounds need 5 more just like him or better.  As well as some linebackers and lineman.  I still don’t think skill wise that would be better than Boyle. These are the skill guys you gotta beat on the field. 

Quissenberry
D Brown
G Brown
Ray
B Driver
S Driver
Hager
McPherson
Bodner

Just 3 seniors in this group ^ all these young men will play at the next level.  6 of them will play power 5.

Gotta stop with the false hope for this year OSH.  Next year as well.

NEVER!!!   Hope springs eternal for old hounds. Corbin financiers know the mission...beat Boyle.  They have the money and the compulsion to buy a dozen D-1's if they want. One's already in the bag. More coming.   By next season, things will be evened up. Btw, I'm old. I don't keep track of days. Two weeks , three weeks, four weeks, whatever the hell. I just know these Corbin kids I've spoken with are giving their coach rave reviews so far. They love him!!! Would you rather they hate him? In a matter of weeks(2-4), the kids' outlook has brightened considerably.

(06-19-2024, 12:32 PM)Wildcat09 Wrote: I swear yall are obsessed with corbin football

Does corbin even have any other sports

Corbin has really good sports teams but Corbin will always be a football town. 

Speaking of other sports, the Corbin boys and girls tennis teams have won a combined 36 consecutive 13th region championships.
"NEVER!!!  Hope springs eternal for old hounds. Corbin financiers know the mission...beat Boyle.  They have the money and the compulsion to buy a dozen D-1's if they want. One's already in the bag. More coming.  By next season, things will be evened up. Btw, I'm old. I don't keep track of days. Two weeks , three weeks, four weeks, whatever the hell. I just know these Corbin kids I've spoken with are giving their coach rave reviews so far. They love him!!! Would you rather they hate him? In a matter of weeks(2-4), the kids' outlook has brightened considerably."

It's difficult for me to believe that anybody would make this statement.  Not only is it against the rules and regulations of KHSAA but it cheapens the Corbin (or any other) team that practices this!!  At what point does this become a team that has NO Corbin kids on it and just a bought and paid for program?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-18-2024, 10:21 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Actually, yes, he's a good hurdler. Hopefully, he won't be doing much of it on the football field in third round playoff

Just messing with you OSH.  Little offseason humor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-19-2024, 05:43 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: "NEVER!!!  Hope springs eternal for old hounds. Corbin financiers know the mission...beat Boyle.  They have the money and the compulsion to buy a dozen D-1's if they want. One's already in the bag. More coming.  By next season, things will be evened up. Btw, I'm old. I don't keep track of days. Two weeks , three weeks, four weeks, whatever the hell. I just know these Corbin kids I've spoken with are giving their coach rave reviews so far. They love him!!! Would you rather they hate him? In a matter of weeks(2-4), the kids' outlook has brightened considerably."

It's difficult for me to believe that anybody would make this statement.  Not only is it against the rules and regulations of KHSAA but it cheapens the Corbin (or any other) team that practices this!!  At what point does this become a team that has NO Corbin kids on it and just a bought and paid for program?

It's not just Corbin. It's the landscape of sports, nowadays. And it starts in high school, like it or not. It's legal in college and will eventually be okayed in high school.  This ain't the 1940's anymore , Granny, as much as Septuagenarians and Octogenarians would like you and I would like it to be.  
Hell, when you've gone 42 damn years between titles, it doesn't matter to me if  we buy a couple of good solid Jihadist linebackers from Teheran High School. Whatever gets the job done.  Anyone checked to see how many of Boyle's players are home grown? I couldn't tell you but I'd guess Boyle has as many transfer in as Corbin does.  GO HOUNDS!!!

(06-19-2024, 07:52 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(06-18-2024, 10:21 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Actually, yes, he's a good hurdler. Hopefully, he won't be doing much of it on the football field in third round playoff

Just messing with you OSH.  Little offseason humor.

Oh, you know I love the humor.  You were spot on with that one. LOVE IT!!!!
  • Old School 18
"It's not just Corbin. It's the landscape of sports, nowadays. And it starts in high school, like it or not. It's legal in college and will eventually be okayed in high school.  This ain't the 1940's anymore , Granny, as much as Septuagenarians and Octogenarians would like you and I would like it to be. 
Hell, when you've gone 42 damn years between titles, it doesn't matter to me if  we buy a couple of good solid Jihadist linebackers from Teheran High School. Whatever gets the job done.  Anyone checked to see how many of Boyle's players are home grown? I couldn't tell you but I'd guess Boyle has as many transfer in as Corbin does.  GO HOUNDS!!!"

Corbin isn't college, and "everybody else is doing it" is not a valid reason.  Don't like the rule?  Change it.  I KNOW this isn't the 40s; I wasn't even born in the 40s.
It's incredibly sad to me that you don't care about the integrity of high school sports in your area.  Buy this player, buy that player.....ANYTHING for a win.

NOT good for high school sports.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Old School Hound
(06-20-2024, 06:55 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: "It's not just Corbin. It's the landscape of sports, nowadays. And it starts in high school, like it or not. It's legal in college and will eventually be okayed in high school.  This ain't the 1940's anymore , Granny, as much as Septuagenarians and Octogenarians would like you and I would like it to be. 
Hell, when you've gone 42 damn years between titles, it doesn't matter to me if  we buy a couple of good solid Jihadist linebackers from Teheran High School. Whatever gets the job done.  Anyone checked to see how many of Boyle's players are home grown? I couldn't tell you but I'd guess Boyle has as many transfer in as Corbin does.  GO HOUNDS!!!"

Corbin isn't college, and "everybody else is doing it" is not a valid reason.  Don't like the rule?  Change it.  I KNOW this isn't the 40s; I wasn't even born in the 40s.
It's incredibly sad to me that you don't care about the integrity of high school sports in your area.  Buy this player, buy that player.....ANYTHING for a win.

I find it sad that this transfer loaded team storm in 4A and teams have to play that game to be competitive against teams that are masters at playing the game year after year to get rings. I think it terribly cheapens the Championship wins for the programs that do it. I personally think most competitive 4A-6A teams are not true HS football teams anymore and more like travel ball teams and 1A-3A still has some teams competing with hometown kids but it is changing quickly unfortunately. just my thoughts.
(06-08-2024, 11:49 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Luke Salmons has been named head coach of Corbin. Here is his schedule. 

8/23 (H) Pikeville Pigskin Classic
8/30 (@) North Hardin Garrard Bowl
9/6 (H) Lexington Catholic
9/13 (H) Pulaski County
9/20 (@) Frederick Douglass
9/27 (H) Hazard
10/4 (@) Johnson Central
10/11 (H) Letcher County Central
10/18 (@) Whitley County
10/25 (@) Perry County Central

Thoughts? 

Any comments not related to this topic will be removed.
Perry’s got Corbin this year.
(06-20-2024, 06:55 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: "It's not just Corbin. It's the landscape of sports, nowadays. And it starts in high school, like it or not. It's legal in college and will eventually be okayed in high school.  This ain't the 1940's anymore , Granny, as much as Septuagenarians and Octogenarians would like you and I would like it to be. 

I don't like much anything about sports, nowadays , from T-ball to high school to college to pro sports. I've spoken about this ad nauseum, along with Westside. I hate it. But it is the new landscape and there will never be any going back , unfortunately. So, in order to win, you have to do what you have to do to bring in talent. Are we to think the Smith twins came here for free?  Hell, the UK head coach was a major player in getting the twins to Corbin, who in turn, helped get them flipped to Stoops. It sucks, buth that's where we're at. If you don't play the game the way things are done nowadays, you're team is gonna be a bottom feeder.   GO HOUNDS!!!  MORE D-1's, please!!!

(06-20-2024, 12:32 PM)imeverywhere62 Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 11:49 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Luke Salmons has been named head coach of Corbin. Here is his schedule. 

8/23 (H) Pikeville Pigskin Classic
8/30 (@) North Hardin Garrard Bowl
9/6 (H) Lexington Catholic
9/13 (H) Pulaski County
9/20 (@) Frederick Douglass
9/27 (H) Hazard
10/4 (@) Johnson Central
10/11 (H) Letcher County Central
10/18 (@) Whitley County
10/25 (@) Perry County Central

Thoughts? 

Any comments not related to this topic will be removed.
Perry’s got Corbin this year.

BULL BUTTER !!!!  This has to be a bit.  Perry will lose by a wealth of touchdowns.
For Perrys sake, I hope they get a big win but if I was betting on this game, I would bet after the 1st quarter, its ballgame. I hope they can stop the passing game of Corbin. Remind me of that after the game..  Sick
(06-20-2024, 05:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: For Perrys sake, I hope they get a big win but if I was betting on this game, I would bet after the 1st quarter, its ballgame. I hope they can stop the passing game of Corbin. Remind me of that after the game..  Sick

Today is June 20 and it's already ballgame for Perry.
  • Bull got out!
Glad Corbin Community College got a portal hit. Hopefully they didn’t blow their whole NIL budget on one player, they need a couple more signees to beat little Class A Pikeville High School and several more to beat Boyle Tech.